Jordan XII - Royalty - November 13, 2021

Art meets sport, gorgeous

If you read in to Tinkers words about this model, it was all on purpose. His whole goal was to go a totally different direction with the 12 from the 11. Overall he wanted the 12 to look nothing like the 11. At first view as a kid, I was like "WTF" , But when I first saw the Frozen Moment Ad, I was hooked. Games on NBC just added to the want of this shoe.
I dont know if this is fact or not, but the Jumpman Pro was rumored to be the first idea for the 12. It def looks like it leans back towards the XI. So glad it turned out how it did.

They just don’t do it like this no more :smh:

This is what it was like watching Mike win six championship. I miss the 90’s so much.

Man a bit OT but you guys really made me think about how far Jordan Brand has fallen in terms of bringing excitement about new models. Everything is so impersonal with new models now and they really don’t put much thought or effort into creating/marketing new models like they did with MJ. It doesn’t seem like that many people even care about the new model aside from the niche performance market. I guess this is a symptom of making their bread/butter selling retro product and essentially printing money? (not to mention MJ being completely taken out of the equation)

Quick comparison no one asked for. My OG 12s are well worn size 11. The Royalty’s are size 10.5. First thing that bugs me about recent XII retros is the rising sun “puffy” look has never been 100%. Second thing about this one in particular is the height. I know it’s a half size difference but there’s a noticeable shortness compared to OG.
778BEA1E-4051-42A7-9EE5-5B153CA3D2DD.jpeg
A8D143C9-BBB0-4B5A-94BF-3EE192310C87.jpeg

Everything is so impersonal with new models now and they really don’t put much thought or effort into creating/marketing new models like they did with MJ.
This exactly. Back then, you felt like a part of it. The 1997 ads for the XII were by far my favorite. Again being a kid, things get received differently than they do as an adult. But they made me want the shoes that much more. I really think the designs over the last few years of newer Jordans are pretty damn good. It just does not hit the same way for me anymore. Commercials are a huge marketing tool to gravitate the consumer. I know they are expensive as hell nowadays but Nike got the money also.
The last great ad I remember watching was for the XX1, when the kids were recreating MJs moments. I thought that one was really good.

Man a bit OT but you guys really made me think about how far Jordan Brand has fallen in terms of bringing excitement about new models. Everything is so impersonal with new models now and they really don’t put much thought or effort into creating/marketing new models like they did with MJ. It doesn’t seem like that many people even care about the new model aside from the niche performance market. I guess this is a symptom of making their bread/butter selling retro product and essentially printing money? (not to mention MJ being completely taken out of the equation)
Yeah remember the 35… there was a little social media first peak but no official roll out from JB. Jayson Tatum PE was shown but he was playing in the 34. This was during the Disney Bubble szn. And then Jeff Green was hooping in the 35, and the only player. I was thinking, this is what JB does now? No roll out of their flagship model and Jeff Green is the dude playing in em? How far we have come. I didn’t check for the 36 personally

Man they are so fire. Cannot believe I overslept and missed em. I’ve never paid resell for a shoe but I’m tempted. $279 shipped too much?

Quick comparison no one asked for. My OG 12s are well worn size 11. The Royalty’s are size 10.5. First thing that bugs me about recent XII retros is the rising sun “puffy” look has never been 100%. Second thing about this one in particular is the height. I know it’s a half size difference but there’s a noticeable shortness compared to OG.
778BEA1E-4051-42A7-9EE5-5B153CA3D2DD.jpeg
A8D143C9-BBB0-4B5A-94BF-3EE192310C87.jpeg

I hate to be "that guy", but looking at those pics, how much of a height difference are we really talking about? A cm?

Instantly see the difference to where the Jordan Quality branding is placed on the back close to the 23 heel. The line is higher on the original. One shoe is slightly in front of the other so hard to tell really. There is difference for sure. Both still look good.

Back
Top Bottom