Kanye Elevated Taylor Swifts Career

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Yeah, I don't see it. Taylor Swift has BEEN huge way before the Kanye incident. Most of you NT'ers either live under a rock or tune out anything but hip hop

DAMN ARE YOU BLIND!!!!! THATS THE FUC*IN POINT!!!!

A. ELIVATIN (word to OP) a career consists of getting more people to know about you
B. ppl on niketalk did not know about taylor before kanye
c. BECAUSE of kanye, niketalk knows about swift

if A = B and B = C, then A = C

Therefore, Kanye ELIVATED Swift's career!!!!!!!

How does NikeTalk knowing about her elevate her career if they're not going out and supporting her music?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by FreshMoney15

Yeah, I don't see it. Taylor Swift has BEEN huge way before the Kanye incident. Most of you NT'ers either live under a rock or tune out anything but hip hop

A. ELIVATIN (word to OP) a career consists of getting more people to know about you

Because the majority of NT slurps everything Kanye, that's why.
roll.gif

He was trying to say that nobody listens to anything but Kanye or hip hop, therefore, thinking that no one outside of NT knew about Taylor Swift, where inreality people knew who she was, she was becoming main stream in pop culture, how the hell do you think the she beat Beyonce for that video of the year??

To say "if it wasn't for Kanye" is a bigger joke than those ridiculous glasses he wears.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by FreshMoney15

Because the majority of NT slurps everything Kanye, that's why.
roll.gif

He was trying to say that nobody listens to anything but Kanye or hip hop, therefore, thinking that no one outside of NT knew about Taylor Swift, where in reality people knew who she was, she was becoming main stream in pop culture, how the hell do you think the she beat Beyonce for that video of the year??

To say "if it wasn't for Kanye" is a bigger joke than those ridiculous glasses he wears.
I was definitely not saying all that...

A lot of people have not heard of Taylor before the incident...( a lot of those include people who DONT listen to hip-hop)

as stated earlier in the post, after the 'Ye incident, Taylor Swifts numbers sky rocket 200% in sales the following week...

You can honestly say that if this incident didn't happen, her numbers would have still skyrocket 200% the following week
roll.gif

you can't say that the Kanye incident did not elevate Taylor Swift into the state where shes at now

Granted, some of you are riding her hard, saying shes been nice on the mic, shes been cute, shes been representin country, and that

she would have "eventually" made it to where shes at now...But the buzz that 'Ye brought after the incident that Taylor received

is crazy... Its on some Biggie vs. Tupac bit, where everyone knows what they talking about. You just mention the words "Ye Incident" and eveyrone

in the room, knows exactly what your talking about, how sorry they feel for swift, and now all of a sudden "shes really talented, i'ma supporther"

anyone who can't admit that is comical...
laugh.gif
200% insales....C'mon Son!

even Ed Lover had a bit on it...C'mooonnnnnnn Sonnnn!

I guess you guys can say what you want, and your gonna think I'm beating the dead horse here, but she was above average famous before Kanye.

And if she was really a nobody in mainstream music (just not country) then the issue wouldn't have been a big deal.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Nope.

She was already huge before Kanye's shenanigans.

That is all.
i never heard of her before then so yes Ye did elevate her you cant argue it!

the chick did opera after
indifferent.gif

I became a fan of her music after the incident
Heard of her before the incident but never bothered to listen to her music
After the incident I decided to listen to both of her albums and I love them

ehhh I wouldn't say it helped in a huge way...but definitely brough attention from people who normally don't know who she is.

NT are u kidding me? you didnt know who taylor swift was before this incident? damn yall n 's livin under a rock or sumthin......i dont care what anyonethinks kanye and Tswizzy HAVE EQUAL popularity before this, its just this damnn forum listens to nothin but hip hop

She was in the event of receiving a award before kanye's "speech". Obviously her career was going decent before that.

again, nobody said Kanye MADE her career, but rather, the event took her previous stardom to a higher level

You're crazy for thinking he didn't help, there are actually some people out there who only listens to one genre.

Kanye is well knowned for his music & antics. Other genres might not listen to his music but know who he is, so when they hear what he did of courseshe's going to get more recognized

Back
Top Bottom