Kanye Elevated Taylor Swifts Career

Originally Posted by encore2007

She wasn't as popular across the board my mama knows who she is. I'm pretty sure she didn't know who she was before the incident
tired.gif

When I saw her giving her acceptance speech, I just pretty much rolled my eyes.
eyes.gif

They were beating a dead horse. 2 months ago = 2 years ago in celebrity news, I'm pretty sure people have moved forward.
grin.gif

Like I said before, the only thing Kanye did was give her attention from an audience who wouldn't have bought her records anyway. Her CD had been out FOR AYEAR and already sold millions of records, was on country and pop charts, and she's had tons of exposure. Anyone who didn't know who she was before theKanye incident, most likely didn't rush out and buy her albums.

i don't know any urban people besides my little sister who know of taylor swift. i really had no clue who she was until that night, but country fans knowwho kanye west is. kanye opened her audience a bit wider.. anyone denying that is still salty about that incident.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

yeah, and she did well at the CMAs before too.
only thing different now is more people who don't listen to country has now starting to recognize her.
I fail to see how this isn't an example of elevating someone's career. Breaking out of your genre's boundaries successfully is not aneasy task. All I know is, I never really checked for her before the Kanye incident, now I'm like "ok, I see her".

BTW, lol at people thinking it wasn't staged...

Originally Posted by saxman2112

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

If anything, she elevated his career....she won the highest honor given to a country musician last night....has he won the hip hop counterpart of that? (maybe he has, I don't know). They made fun of him a few times at the country music awards. Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood sang a duet "Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be Kanye," while Brad was talking about his new video, 88 year old country legend Jimmy Dickens came up on stage and interrupted him saying Taylor Swifts video was the best of all time, then when Taylor accepted her first award, she thanked everybody for staying in their seats and not coming up on stage.

Go sit down somewhere.

I do sit down. I watch TV. I watch stations other than MTV and BET. I read magazines other than XXL (or whatever it's called). 500,000 albums on openingday....whoopee. There are people outside of NT that listen to things other than pop and hip hop.

According to Nielsen SoundScan, Swift is the highest-selling artist of2008 in the United States with combined sales of more than four million albums. Swift's Fearless and her self-titled album finished 2008 at number three and number sixrespectively, with sales of 2.1 and 1.5 million.[sup][5][/sup]Fearless has topped the Billboard 200 in 11 non-consecutive weeks,[sup][6][/sup] a feat no album has spent more time atnumber one since 1999-2000.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

laugh.gif

Taylor Swift is so gorgeous.

nerd.gif
really? i don't think gorgeous is a word I would ever use abouther... she looks like a 12 year old. Maybe you're into that.

If anything, she elevated his career....

eyes.gif

she's got the pop-country on lock at the moment.
she's the current Carrie Underwood...who rocked out the CMA's when she 1st burst onto the scene

only thing Kanye did for her was to make non country people aware of who she was.

thus elevating her career. Nobodys saying Kanye MADE her career, but the incident undeniably brought her more exposure than she had previously. Like thesaying goes, any publicity is good publicity

If anything, she elevated his career....she won the highest honor given to a country musician last night....has he won the hip hop counterpart of that? (maybe he has, I don't know). They made fun of him a few times at the country music awards. Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood sang a duet "Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be Kanye," while Brad was talking about his new video, 88 year old country legend Jimmy Dickens came up on stage and interrupted him saying Taylor Swifts video was the best of all time, then when Taylor accepted her first award, she thanked everybody for staying in their seats and not coming up on stage.

Go sit down somewhere.

I do sit down. I watch TV. I watch stations other than MTV and BET. I read magazines other than XXL (or whatever it's called). 500,000 albums on opening day....whoopee. There are people outside of NT that listen to things other than pop and hip hop.

According to Nielsen SoundScan, Swift is the highest-selling artist of 2008 in the United States with combined sales of more than four million albums. Swift's Fearless and her self-titled album finished 2008 at number three and number six respectively, with sales of 2.1 and 1.5 million.[sup][5][/sup]Fearless has topped the Billboard 200 in 11 non-consecutive weeks,[sup][6][/sup] a feat no album has spent more time at number one since 1999-2000.

album sales don't mean anything... shes a country pop star.. and country people still buy albums.. thats why she has so many sales...

EVERYONE knows about kanye West. and not even in the united states... im talking about the World..

go to any club... is anyone playing taylor swift? noo theyre playing kanye west.

he even has a forum dedicated to him with active members every minute http://www.kanyelive.com/

millions of people never heard of taylor swift before this incident.

Originally Posted by luigi202

After Kanye's rant her album sales shot up I believe 233% from the week prior to the incident. She is bigger now. People are giving her music more spins. Just because she was big in country doesn't mean everyone listened to her music. If you think she didn't gain fans or at least more spins which will eventually lead to more fans from this you are an imbecile. Any publicity is good publicity. More publicity = more fans.
Originally Posted by AirJus23

Originally Posted by omgitswes

yeah, and she did well at the CMAs before too.
only thing different now is more people who don't listen to country has now starting to recognize her.
I fail to see how this isn't an example of elevating someone's career. Breaking out of your genre's boundaries successfully is not an easy task. All I know is, I never really checked for her before the Kanye incident, now I'm like "ok, I see her".
this and that

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

Go sit down somewhere.

I do sit down. I watch TV. I watch stations other than MTV and BET. I read magazines other than XXL (or whatever it's called). 500,000 albums on opening day....whoopee. There are people outside of NT that listen to things other than pop and hip hop.

According to Nielsen SoundScan, Swift is the highest-selling artist of 2008 in the United States with combined sales of more than four million albums. Swift's Fearless and her self-titled album finished 2008 at number three and number six respectively, with sales of 2.1 and 1.5 million.[sup][5][/sup]Fearless has topped the Billboard 200 in 11 non-consecutive weeks,[sup][6][/sup] a feat no album has spent more time at number one since 1999-2000.

album sales don't mean anything... shes a country pop star.. and country people still buy albums.. thats why she has so many sales...

EVERYONE knows about kanye West. and not even in the united states... im talking about the World..

go to any club... is anyone playing taylor swift? noo theyre playing kanye west.

he even has a forum dedicated to him with active members every minute http://www.kanyelive.com/

2 diff genre's, if you ever go to a club thats playing taylor swift run out and save yourself please. So thats kind of a stupid statement

6c21622e6f28ff150c91bda76b384a2a99ac64ea.gif

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

Go sit down somewhere.

I see what your saying, but it's a double edged sword. For example, my parents did not have a clue who Kanye was until this incident. Millions of peoplenever heard of kanye before this incident.

Yeah, I don't see it. Taylor Swift has BEEN huge way before the Kanye incident. Most of you NT'ers either live under a rock or tune out anything buthip hop

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Elivated[/color] [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]her career?[/color]
laugh.gif

r1058w.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Did anyone bag the rotating headband??

Back
Top Bottom