Kids react to walkmans VOL. I'm feeling old now

I remember recording Right Thurr by Chingy and What the Hook Gon Be by Murphy Lee on a cassette to play on my Walkman :smh:
why were you using cassettes in 2003 :lol: I was on my Kazaa/Limewire @#$% back then and burning CDs/Minidiscs (can't believe I bought one of those minidisc players)

I had the portable cd player that you had to hold down so that you hear your music.

Anti-shock my ***.

Does anybody else feel rustled after watching that video?

I feel like those kids just took a shot at my childhood
mean.gif
Our cartoons>

Which this days generation still goes back to it.

Had a talk with my 13 year old cousinand a couple of his friends about video games. I brought up the N64 and they asked what that was.

I didn't even respond. It hit me b. |I  :frown:

...bruh. :frown:

we old y'all. so many feels.

*runs and grabs SNES & Street Fighter out of closet, but can't play it because TV has HDMI and no RCA*

Last edited:
Man I was helpin my neighbor throw away a bunch of stuff and clean out his garage and his 8yr old son was cleaning this cd player boombox ....lil dude had no idea wat it was lol.

1632x1224.jpeg.bd8d73f0a9f501317de622000a668db8.large

Never leaving my possession. I gave my older brother my NES and NES I know he probably threw them out or something
mean.gif

IMO digital downloads helped kill music. Back then you had to actually want that tape or cd bad. No point and click, you had to get your *** outta the house, get to the mall or store, then get back home. Sounds easy enough but we all know when you're 14-15 with no car, that's an all day commitment all for just buying that album. We also didn't have the net telling us what's "hot". It was all word of mouth and if something was trash you wouldn't hear anything about it. Now we have 7 years olds buying millions of Rihanna tracks online because it's what cool.

Glad i never had a tape player

Had a walkman tho. Annoying cause sometimes you wanna listen to a song on a different album and i never carried a cd case either

Had a talk with my 13 year old cousinand a couple of his friends about video games. I brought up the N64 and they asked what that was.

I didn't even respond. It hit me b. |I  :frown:

Do they even game bro? The N64 only came out a couple of years before he was born :smh: I was born a little after the NES came out, but I sure as hell knew what it was. Atari 2600, commodore 64, what have you, I knew em all.

Kids today need to be more inquisitive man. Back when I was like 7-8, When I wasn't hanging out with friends, I spent a lot of my time flipping thru our small encyclopedia and old magazines just absorbing culture.

Last edited:
I think some of y'all are forgetting that some of these kids were born in 2006-2008, way after cassette players were popular. Even CD players were becoming obsolete if not already were, I bet they don't even know what windows 98 looks like nor what it is. 

Or what one of these was

Times have changed, and quickly. Its crazy how so much has changed in the past 10 years. 

Back
Top Bottom