Kobe Bryant = PLAYER OF THE CENTURY???

2000-2012

i think its kobe followed by shaq and lebron the duncan ....its a toss up after that

1 kobe , 5 chips ...speaks for itself

2 shaq 4 chips ...most dominant playoff performances most of us have ever witness

3 lebron 1 chip ...3 mvp's ...should be 4

i honestly feel garnett>duncan , if you put garnett with the spurs i believe he gets as many

chips as duncan
love kg but timmy d greatest power forward of all-time n if that the case if u swap kobe out for t-mac during that time he would have 3 to 4 rings and so lets not play dat game lol

^ I like Duncan but people r disrespecting KG by putting him way below Timmy. They put up pretty similar numbers even though they brought different things to the table. I just feel that people are over hyping Timmy because of all of his championships. Nonetheless, he is still one of the best.
no kg disrespect bc he is one of the most complete players in the game but his resume lacks in comparison to timmy but that statement can be said for many players u take away kobes rings and u got AI u take away his lone MVP u got t-mac. Tim duncan lead his team to 4 chips thats nothing to over hype its no disrespect to KG but in this world rings mean everything for great players the more the greater. 

People take rings too highly into consideration. Of course rings do matter, but when judging individual players, its a overrated stat. Teams win rings. Robert Horry has more rings than Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan but that doesnt make him a better player. KG was straight nasty in his prime, but never had a real supporting cast to make any championship runs until he went to the Celtics. IMO he'll always be right up there with the greatest PF of all time Tim Duncan.

he might not be better than jordan and mightve not posted numbers like jordan but kobe is hands down the best of the 21st century. theres still like 87 and half more years for the century to finish but i dont think no one is gonna come close to what kobe has done in his career. not even lebron. and no one is gonna break that 81 point game i guarantee it

he might not be better than jordan and mightve not posted numbers like jordan but kobe is hands down the best of the 21st century. theres still like 87 and half more years for the century to finish but i dont think no one is gonna come close to what kobe has done in his career. not even lebron. and no one is gonna break that 81 point game i guarantee it
ok but does the 81 mean anythin bc wilt scored 100 has numerous awards and sum rings but he not even considered top 5 all time kobes body of work is as solid as they come but lebrons coming and so is durant he may have they title now but its not set in stone

1. Kobe
2. Duncan
3. Shaq
4. LeBron
5. Iverson

/thread

LOL are you high? iverson is a bum... Talented as hell but never reached anywhere close to his full potential. As much as I hate to say it, dwayne wade has more of a claim to #5 than Iverson.

a century is a LONG time . . . so let's say Lebron has an illustrious 20 year career, 2003-2023 (Jordan played 1984 - 2003, 19 years) and surpasses Jordan and becomes the GOAT (and hopefully a future Lebron Brand can get big and have the longevity of Jordan Brand) so . . .

It's still 2023, who's gonna dominate 2023-2053? 2053-2073? 2073-2093? 2093-2113? That's 4 lifetimes in the NBA (assuming the NBA is still around), so another GOAT could come around 4 or 5 times easy . . .

This is the truth.
not truth what made kg better than tim duncan bc he was flashy the only thing kg had over timmy is that he could effectively guard 1-5 tim only 3-5 but tims is winner he lead the spurs to 3 out 4 of those chips and wasnt surround by spectacular talent always alot of role players 

This Duncan vs. KG nonsense has to stop. Duncan's 2003 playoffs alone kill the argument. People say Duncan had Robinson for that ring in 2003. Not true. Robinson was a shell of his former self. He averaged 8 and 6.5 during those playoffs, playing reserve minutes. What did Duncan put up? 25/15/5/3, including a near quadruple-double (21/20/10/8) to clinch the title. Duncan's stat lines when it mattered were ridiculous. Anyway, I could sit here all night and pick apart the KG vs. Duncan argument, but it's pointless. Dudes just love KG too much.

This Duncan vs. KG nonsense has to stop. Duncan's 2003 playoffs alone kill the argument. People say Duncan had Robinson for that ring in 2003. Not true. Robinson was a shell of his former self. He averaged 8 and 6.5 during those playoffs, playing reserve minutes. What did Duncan put up? 25/15/5/3, including a near quadruple-double (21/20/10/8) to clinch the title. Duncan's stat lines when it mattered were ridiculous. Anyway, I could sit here all night and pick apart the KG vs. Duncan argument, but it's pointless. Dudes just love KG too much.

:lol:

Sounds like the Wilt/Russell argument. Bu bu but points!

If KG got to play for Pop his whole career, he's got 4-5 rings. Better defender and gets no "stats" credit for it. No, KG doesn't get enough love for what he's done in his career.

Last edited:
It doesn't get talked about, the .4 robbed us of seeing KG at his best vs Duncan at his best. KG's Wolves that year had Sam, Wally and Spree, we could have seen them go head to head for all the marbles that year, but of course, the Lakers took the Spurs down as usual. :smokin

Sucks that it took away a chance to see KG and Dunc go head to head tho. Woulda been fun to see.

Some of you guys are straight up disrespecting Tim Duncan :smh:
Dude is the epitome of consistency. And Duncan never had nearly the same level of talent on his teams as Kobe did (does).

NEVER? You can not be serious.

Duncan has had Parker and Manu on his team for 10 years now. Those dudes are better than any player any teammate Kobe had not named Shaq. Shaq has not been on the team for 8 years now.

I'm in on this bro.. I've been waiting to talk about this on a bigger level then just between a few homies that ride Kobe's joke strap.

Some of you dudes are straight dumb.. cats stay disrespecting Timmy like he ain't the greatest PF of all time 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom