Kobe Bryant wins 2007-2008 NBA MVP

Originally Posted by Flowsomuch

Originally Posted by AJ23ToKB24

Kobe is not my favorite player but good for him for getting the MVP award.

...Since I'm at it, Kobe needs to stop copying Jordan's styles and moves. Kobe needs to be himself, I mean c'mon he's got the exact fade away jumper just like Jordan. He shoots free throws just like Jordan, he does The Fist when he hits a buzzer beater just like Jordan and sad but it's true that he also walks down the court just like Jordan.

I look at your screen name and I can't help but laugh.
laugh.gif
I knew someone would say that about my screen name....it was just a random pick, nothing special about it that's all
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Did this dude just say Ron Artest?

Hoolllleeeee... crap.

I only know of 2 Artest fans on this board: myself, and... I forget the other guy. I think his screen name starts with a Q.

But... seriously... MVP?

Reaching, son.

Desperately reaching.

And trying very much hard.

Uhh, it was rocboys that made the statement, are you surprised? He would believe Keith Van Horn won MVP if someone told him.

kobe finally realize making other people better makes you an nba mvp............props to kobe

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

haters WHAT now????

hope he goes on to get that Finals MVP
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yup. It's about time he got the trophy. He's been the best individual player for a while now, but he's finally turning the corner and workingon his leadership and that's what makes him a worthy MVP.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
Kobe winning the MVP is travesty. What in the world did this clown do sobetter that made him MVP worthy over Chris Paul? Hell even Lebron James deserved the MVP before this asswipe. They both are much more important to their teamsand they both have outplayed Kobe by a large margin when the where matched up against one another. The Lakers were only successful because of the Developmentof Bynum and the addition of Pau Gasol, not because of Kobe freaking Bryant. The Lakers without him are still a playoffs team, the Hornets and Cavs withoutLebron and Paul are int he Lottery easily. They gave this award to Kobe out of pity, period. This scumbag should of never been awarded MVP. This is his firstand ONLY MVP, cause he ain't winning it ever again.

^Yeah it is a travesty. You should have been MVP
ohwell.gif
. Stop posting in Lakers threads and maybe they'll lose for once.

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
Kobe winning the MVP is travesty. What in the world did this clown do so better that made him MVP worthy over Chris Paul? Hell even Lebron James deserved the MVP before this asswipe. They both are much more important to their teams and they both have outplayed Kobe by a large margin when the where matched up against one another. The Lakers were only successful because of the Development of Bynum and the addition of Pau Gasol, not because of Kobe freaking Bryant. The Lakers without him are still a playoffs team, the Hornets and Cavs without Lebron and Paul are int he Lottery easily. They gave this award to Kobe out of pity, period. This scumbag should of never been awarded MVP. This is his first and ONLY MVP, cause he ain't winning it ever again.

So much hate you've dished to Kobe the whole year, I'm beggining to think you envy him,
pimp.gif

The NBA should be ashamed to name a rapist as MVP.

How are you going to have such a person who has committed something like that represent the league.

Michale Jackson should get MVP next year.

Originally Posted by Been Here

The NBA should be ashamed to name a rapist as MVP.

How are you going to have such a person who has committed something like that represent the league.

Michale Jackson should get MVP next year.

lol

adultery =\= rape.

Who's Michale Jackson?

And the NBA didn't name a rapist as MVP. They've named an adulterer MVP. But if we're ruling out adulterers... then... I'm thinking the onlypeople up for consideration are... ummmm... actually, I guess we'll just have to give it to A.C. Green every year.

Expert Picks
[table][tr][td]ANALYST[/td] [td]PREDICTION[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
adande_j.a._35.jpg
J.A. Adande
ESPN.com
[/td] [td]PACIFIC: 3 | WEST: 9 Right now they're the wildest card in the deck. With Kobe Bryant they could squeeze into one of the last playoff spots. Without him they're lottery bound. Lamar Odom would become their best player by default, and he's played more than 64 games only once in three years as a Laker.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
anthony_greg_35.jpg
Greg Anthony
ESPN.com[/td] [td]PACIFIC: 3 | WEST: 8 The cloud hangs over L.A. no matter what happens with Kobe. If he leaves, there's an adjustment period for the new players. If he stays, the question of if, and when, he will be traded will linger. Tough times.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
barry_jon_35.jpg
Jon
Barry

ESPN.com
[/td] [td]PACIFIC: 3 | WEST: 10 Quite miraculous they made playoffs last year. Kobe Bryant and Lamar Odom are not a good tandem -- both are terrific individually -- but sometimes it just doesn't work together. I saw no improvement with Andrew Bynum throughout the year.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
broussard_chris_35.jpg
Chris
Broussard

ESPN Mag
[/td] [td]PACIFIC: 3 | WEST: 9 If Kobe remains, he still won't be enough to get this crew into the playoffs. Injuries are a problem again, and team chemistry is -- and always will be -- horrible. The good news? Maybe a "to-heck-with-it'' Kobe will entertain us with another 81, or more.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bucher_ric_35.jpg
Ric
Bucher

ESPN Mag
[/td] [td]PACIFIC: 3 | WEST: 8 It hurts to see such a proud franchise be reactive, not proactive. Patching it up with Kobe was never going to happen, making the draft the time to trade him. Now they have to make a face-saving deal. Meanwhile, a season is wasted.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
ford_chad_35.jpg
Chad
Ford

ESPN.com
[/td] [td]PACIFIC: 2 | WEST: 9 If Kobe is happy and motivated, the Lakers are probably in line for the seventh seed. But if the melancholy Kobe we've seen in the preseason shows up, the Lakers will be in trouble. Kobe being halfhearted might be the final straw that gets him traded.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
hill_jemele_35.jpg
Jemele
Hill

ESPN.com
[/td] [td]PACIFIC: 2 | WEST: 7 Assuming Kobe is still there, the Lakers will be wonderfully mediocre. Thankfully the Smush Parker era is over, but their frontcourt is still an eyesore. Let's see if Kobe makes it to midseason without taking out his frustration on someone.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
hollinger_john_35.jpg
John
Hollinger

ESPN.com
[/td] [td]PACIFIC: 2 | WEST: 7 This prediction obviously assumes Kobe stays here all season, which is still where the smart money lies in my estimation. If not, revise this downward by 15 wins or so.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
sheridan_chris_35.jpg
Chris
Sheridan

ESPN.com
[/td] [td]PACIFIC: 2 | WEST: 9 With or without Kobe, they're no better than a 44-win team. They should be a terrific soap opera, however, so don't fall asleep on them. The clock is ticking on the next Kobe eruption.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
stein_marc_35.jpg
Marc
Stein
ESPN.com
[/td] [td]PACIFIC: 3 | WEST: 8 You have to believe that Kobe, after everything that was said in the offseason, is going to play with a chip on his shoulder so big that every other Laker can hop aboard. But it takes some serious faith to believe that Kobe and his chip will be Laker property for the whole season.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]TOTAL PACIFIC: 2.6 | Standings WEST: 8.4 | Standings[/td] [/tr][/table]So really both the Lakers as well as the Hornets were predicted to finish along the bottom of the western conference...they both finished 1 and 2.
The best player on the best team in the best conference won....how can you really be mad at that?

Back
Top Bottom