Kobe's game 7

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

And I didn't respond to that ridiculous Parker/Duncan/Kobe/Gasol post for extremely obvious FG% related reasons.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

First of all, I remember Michael Jordan being 35 at the time, 4 years older than Kobe is now.
you can throw age out the window.

not including the last two wizards season michael jordan played, up to NOW in Kobe's career, he has played 2,300 MORE minutes of NBA than MJ at age 35 had. 90 more games than MJ at 35. 400 MORE minutes of playoff ball than MJ at 35. 20 MORE playoff games than MJ at 35.

again why do u think people say Kobe has only 2 to 3 more high level years??

First of all, I remember Michael Jordan being 35 at the time, 4 years older than Kobe is now.
you can throw age out the window.

not including the last two wizards season michael jordan played, up to NOW in Kobe's career, he has played 2,300 MORE minutes of NBA than MJ at age 35 had. 90 more games than MJ at 35. 400 MORE minutes of playoff ball than MJ at 35. 20 MORE playoff games than MJ at 35.

again why do u think people say Kobe has only 2 to 3 more high level years??

i would put up a cash reward if anybody can find a post where a Kobe fan has said "Kobe is > Michael Jordan"
seriously

these threads are lame,

i would put up a cash reward if anybody can find a post where a Kobe fan has said "Kobe is > Michael Jordan"
seriously

these threads are lame,

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by CP1708

xsalvioutlawx:

Doesn't speak for all of us......

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Now that's what I'm talking about CP1708, way to seperate yourself from the buffoons and buffoonery going on in this thread
laugh.gif
Hey man, I'm not innocent at all, I'm positive some guys on here have me confused as a Kobe stan and nothing else.  That's my fault, to an extent, but it's simply not the case.  I am a Laker through and through, but I rather sit and fuss and argue and bicker about Kobe then sit here goin over crap at work.  Call me crazy. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  And to be dead honest, fussin over all this stuff opens things up like me goin back and lookin at all the finals MVP's for 30 years, I saw all kinds of stuff I had forgotten, or never knew of, or didn't realize etc.  So to me, all this bickering helps me learn stuff in a sense.  Even if it is pointless arguing about all this stuff. 

But overall, I get there are a ton of crazy things said by Laker/Kobe fans, some of them I back, some I want no part of.  This guy here, was one of the latter. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by CP1708

xsalvioutlawx:

Doesn't speak for all of us......

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Now that's what I'm talking about CP1708, way to seperate yourself from the buffoons and buffoonery going on in this thread
laugh.gif
Hey man, I'm not innocent at all, I'm positive some guys on here have me confused as a Kobe stan and nothing else.  That's my fault, to an extent, but it's simply not the case.  I am a Laker through and through, but I rather sit and fuss and argue and bicker about Kobe then sit here goin over crap at work.  Call me crazy. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  And to be dead honest, fussin over all this stuff opens things up like me goin back and lookin at all the finals MVP's for 30 years, I saw all kinds of stuff I had forgotten, or never knew of, or didn't realize etc.  So to me, all this bickering helps me learn stuff in a sense.  Even if it is pointless arguing about all this stuff. 

But overall, I get there are a ton of crazy things said by Laker/Kobe fans, some of them I back, some I want no part of.  This guy here, was one of the latter. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

I'm sorry but I just don't understand it anymore with Kobe Bryant.

If you are suppose to be "the Closer of the NBA" then your suppose to hit big shots when it counts right? So how could Kobe Bryant be the best closer in the game? he didn't even have a game winning shot in any of the playoff games. In fact, in that game 6 against OKC He missed the potential game winner, and Pau Gasol closed the game with a tip in, and in game 5 against PHX, he missed another potential game winner, and Ron Artest closed the game with a tip in.

The dispute is not about Kobe Bryant's shooting performance in game 7 against Boston, but the fixations people make of him. Sure it's wonderful that he hit game winners against the Bucks/Heat/Kings/Grizzlies/Raptors (Keep in mind 3 of those teams didn't even make the playoffs) but you also have to keep account of what he failed to do.
He can't Klose everytime, that is not human like. People fail and people becomes hero's. But you can't say his is not the best Kloser in the Game. Doing the work leading to a Klose is failry good enough. People have Kobe on their mind until the start of next season. Priceless
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

I'm sorry but I just don't understand it anymore with Kobe Bryant.

If you are suppose to be "the Closer of the NBA" then your suppose to hit big shots when it counts right? So how could Kobe Bryant be the best closer in the game? he didn't even have a game winning shot in any of the playoff games. In fact, in that game 6 against OKC He missed the potential game winner, and Pau Gasol closed the game with a tip in, and in game 5 against PHX, he missed another potential game winner, and Ron Artest closed the game with a tip in.

The dispute is not about Kobe Bryant's shooting performance in game 7 against Boston, but the fixations people make of him. Sure it's wonderful that he hit game winners against the Bucks/Heat/Kings/Grizzlies/Raptors (Keep in mind 3 of those teams didn't even make the playoffs) but you also have to keep account of what he failed to do.
He can't Klose everytime, that is not human like. People fail and people becomes hero's. But you can't say his is not the best Kloser in the Game. Doing the work leading to a Klose is failry good enough. People have Kobe on their mind until the start of next season. Priceless
pimp.gif

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

I don't know if Magic led the Lakers in total points that 1980 series, but I am almost positive that he was well under Kareem in scoring average. Kareem had multiple 35+ games that series if I remember correctly.
You are correct, I just went and looked it up, Kareem was 33.7 or something close to that, I totally missed it last night.  So you can add this to the list of players that did not get it as the high scorer.  So this is a case where Magic got it due to Kareem missing game 6, and Magic sealing the win and series with an all time performance. 

But I was wrong on my initial look up of the info. 

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

I don't know if Magic led the Lakers in total points that 1980 series, but I am almost positive that he was well under Kareem in scoring average. Kareem had multiple 35+ games that series if I remember correctly.
You are correct, I just went and looked it up, Kareem was 33.7 or something close to that, I totally missed it last night.  So you can add this to the list of players that did not get it as the high scorer.  So this is a case where Magic got it due to Kareem missing game 6, and Magic sealing the win and series with an all time performance. 

But I was wrong on my initial look up of the info. 

Originally Posted by SexPistol032

Kobe Bryant is the greatest player in the world but as long as he is wearing that ugly lakers jersey I will hate him and everything to do with that franchise...CELTICS ALL DAY

log off & go home

Originally Posted by SexPistol032

Kobe Bryant is the greatest player in the world but as long as he is wearing that ugly lakers jersey I will hate him and everything to do with that franchise...CELTICS ALL DAY

log off & go home

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

this is my take on kobe and he's my favorite player because i grew up watching his entire career.

when he has a bad game, the haters, people who got michael jordans dna between their teeth, and just anyone in general who's anti Laker will overreact and make that game sound way worse then what it really was and overreact on every little detail of it and it's pretty damn annoying.

when he has a good game, the Kobe stans, dudes that like Kobe way more then they do the Lakers, and the dudes who make Laker fans look bad, will come out and hype up every little thing he did in that game and be on his nuts worse then mark jackson is when he's announcing a Laker game on ABC

either way you get the worst of both worlds.

i'm bored so i'm going to quote myself but it's safe to say that this thread has provided both extremes as do all Kobe related threads.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

this is my take on kobe and he's my favorite player because i grew up watching his entire career.

when he has a bad game, the haters, people who got michael jordans dna between their teeth, and just anyone in general who's anti Laker will overreact and make that game sound way worse then what it really was and overreact on every little detail of it and it's pretty damn annoying.

when he has a good game, the Kobe stans, dudes that like Kobe way more then they do the Lakers, and the dudes who make Laker fans look bad, will come out and hype up every little thing he did in that game and be on his nuts worse then mark jackson is when he's announcing a Laker game on ABC

either way you get the worst of both worlds.

i'm bored so i'm going to quote myself but it's safe to say that this thread has provided both extremes as do all Kobe related threads.

Back
Top Bottom