Kobe's game 7

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

Duncan had 2 bad ankles that entire playoff run.

So what? He still played
laugh.gif

Kobe had a bad knee and a @%#*$! up finger

Kobe will never be MJ in the majority of people's eyes, so a thread like this is useless. Try arguing with a 65+ year old and tell me how they feel about people saying MJ was the best player of all time.

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

Duncan had 2 bad ankles that entire playoff run.

So what? He still played
laugh.gif

Kobe had a bad knee and a @%#*$! up finger

Kobe will never be MJ in the majority of people's eyes, so a thread like this is useless. Try arguing with a 65+ year old and tell me how they feel about people saying MJ was the best player of all time.

all this hate and attention on Kobe just proves that he is the greatest in the game.

haters are mad that Kobe now has an epic legacy with 5 rings, and that nobody gives a !!*+ about his FG%. they're trying to bring up his game 7 stats but nobody cares.

sorry, but 5 years from now nobody will care or even remember that Kobe shot poorly in Game 7. just like nobody remembers about Jordan, Duncan, etc shooting poorly.

all this hate and attention on Kobe just proves that he is the greatest in the game.

haters are mad that Kobe now has an epic legacy with 5 rings, and that nobody gives a !!*+ about his FG%. they're trying to bring up his game 7 stats but nobody cares.

sorry, but 5 years from now nobody will care or even remember that Kobe shot poorly in Game 7. just like nobody remembers about Jordan, Duncan, etc shooting poorly.

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

I'm sorry but I just don't understand it anymore with Kobe Bryant.

If you are suppose to be "the Closer of the NBA" then your suppose to hit big shots when it counts right? So how could Kobe Bryant be the best closer in the game? he didn't even have a game winning shot in any of the playoff games. In fact, in that game 6 against OKC He missed the potential game winner, and Pau Gasol closed the game with a tip in, and in game 5 against PHX, he missed another potential game winner, and Ron Artest closed the game with a tip in.

The dispute is not about Kobe Bryant's shooting performance in game 7 against Boston, but the fixations people make of him. Sure it's wonderful that he hit game winners against the Bucks/Heat/Kings/Grizzlies/Raptors (Keep in mind 3 of those teams didn't even make the playoffs) but you also have to keep account of what he failed to do.

.......your not serious. Tell me your not serious.

Then what the hell was game 6 of the WCF? Dude hit shot after shot to close that game out. He hit that one impossible shot over Hill and patted Gentry on the butt. You have got to be kidding me. Just because he didn't hit a game winner doesn't mean he can't close out a game. SMH...do you even play basketball?

This whole thing needs to stop. It does. You can't change peoples opioions. You can't. You can throw every stat you want, every fact you want but in some people's minds just will not be changed.  

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

I'm sorry but I just don't understand it anymore with Kobe Bryant.

If you are suppose to be "the Closer of the NBA" then your suppose to hit big shots when it counts right? So how could Kobe Bryant be the best closer in the game? he didn't even have a game winning shot in any of the playoff games. In fact, in that game 6 against OKC He missed the potential game winner, and Pau Gasol closed the game with a tip in, and in game 5 against PHX, he missed another potential game winner, and Ron Artest closed the game with a tip in.

The dispute is not about Kobe Bryant's shooting performance in game 7 against Boston, but the fixations people make of him. Sure it's wonderful that he hit game winners against the Bucks/Heat/Kings/Grizzlies/Raptors (Keep in mind 3 of those teams didn't even make the playoffs) but you also have to keep account of what he failed to do.

.......your not serious. Tell me your not serious.

Then what the hell was game 6 of the WCF? Dude hit shot after shot to close that game out. He hit that one impossible shot over Hill and patted Gentry on the butt. You have got to be kidding me. Just because he didn't hit a game winner doesn't mean he can't close out a game. SMH...do you even play basketball?

This whole thing needs to stop. It does. You can't change peoples opioions. You can't. You can throw every stat you want, every fact you want but in some people's minds just will not be changed.  

CP1708:
Honestly, why are you so hung up on 40%?

I really don't get at all why you care about that 40% so hard.
Because you have no rebuttal that completely refutes his 40% factoid.

CP1708:

I know what this is.  When I was growing up, I hated Larry Bird.  He was our rival, I hated him.  Now?  I respect the hell out of that guy.  He was one bad motha.  10 years from now, people will finally sit back, calm down, and say, "damn, Kobe was one of the best I ever saw, and I hated him every step of the way"  It's a shame it's like that.  It really is.  I'm stand before you right here, right now, I would give anything to watch Bird in his prime right now.  I never realized what I was missing back then.  Now I know.  Someday, this will happen all of you who trash all that Kobe has done. 
Good post.  I was in the same boat.  Hated the Celtics with a passion.  Hated Bird, McHale, Parish, Dennis Johnson, etc.  Then it was the Bad Boys and I hated each and every one of those Pistons.  Isiah boooo.  Vinnie Johnson boooo.  Etc...  Then it was Jordan.  Here I was rocking Carmines in 91 and hating on Jordan because he was spanking the Lakers in the 91 finals. 
nerd.gif

However before 91, I was one of the biggest fans of MJ and hated the Pistons even more because they kept beating the Bulls in the playoffs.  It wasn't until Jordan retired the first time did I start following him again.  And I am glad I did.  I couldn't afford Forum Laker tickets but every time the Bulls played the Clippers I was there at the Sports Arena.  Snuck up to the front and when the players came out received high 5's from the Bull players. 

Today I am glad my hatred for Jordan for beating the Lakers in 91 didn't deter me from watching the GOAT for the remainder of his career. 

I know what this is.  When I was growing up, I hated Larry Bird.  He was our rival, I hated him.  Now?  I respect the hell out of that guy.  He was one bad motha.  10 years from now, people will finally sit back, calm down, and say, "damn, Kobe was one of the best I ever saw, and I hated him every step of the way"  It's a shame it's like that.  It really is.  I'm stand before you right here, right now, I would give anything to watch Bird in his prime right now.  I never realized what I was missing back then.  Now I know.  Someday, this will happen all of you who trash all that Kobe has done. 
Good post.  I was in the same boat.  Hated the Celtics with a passion.  Hated Bird, McHale, Parish, Dennis Johnson, etc.  Then it was the Bad Boys and I hated each and every one of those Pistons.  Isiah boooo.  Vinnie Johnson boooo.  Etc...  Then it was Jordan.  Here I was rocking Carmines in 91 and hating on Jordan because he was spanking the Lakers in the 91 finals. 
nerd.gif

However before 91, I was one of the biggest fans of MJ and hated the Pistons even more because they kept beating the Bulls in the playoffs.  It wasn't until Jordan retired the first time did I start following him again.  And I am glad I did.  I couldn't afford Forum Laker tickets but every time the Bulls played the Clippers I was there at the Sports Arena.  Snuck up to the front and when the players came out received high 5's from the Bull players. 

Today I am glad my hatred for Jordan for beating the Lakers in 91 didn't deter me from watching the GOAT for the remainder of his career. 

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

CP1708:

Ska, what's your take?  You aren't known as a Kobe stan, do you have issue with Pau not getting the MVP?  Do you see why Kobe gets over Pau, or you think it's an error, what do you think? 

CP1708:

Ska, what's your take?  You aren't known as a Kobe stan, do you have issue with Pau not getting the MVP?  Do you see why Kobe gets over Pau, or you think it's an error, what do you think? 

IMO Kobe's on of the best players ever but tell me this, do ya'll think DWade wouldn't have three-peated with Shaq in his prime? LeBron? Dude was spotted three rings
laugh.gif
took the ogre in the middle for granted and struggled before getting the two-headed monster now in the middle. Really I have Kobe being the best player in the league for like two years out of his entire career. Otherwise it was always Shaq, Timmy, AI, KG, Nash or LBJ (Dirk has Kobe's other MVP trophy)

IMO Kobe's on of the best players ever but tell me this, do ya'll think DWade wouldn't have three-peated with Shaq in his prime? LeBron? Dude was spotted three rings
laugh.gif
took the ogre in the middle for granted and struggled before getting the two-headed monster now in the middle. Really I have Kobe being the best player in the league for like two years out of his entire career. Otherwise it was always Shaq, Timmy, AI, KG, Nash or LBJ (Dirk has Kobe's other MVP trophy)

As a Laker fan,  i was just happy to win.. And we won ugly.  you can give the MVP trophy to Artest or Fisher for all i care.  I doubt Spurs fans even cared that Parker was their finals MVP not Duncan couple years ago. 

As a Laker fan,  i was just happy to win.. And we won ugly.  you can give the MVP trophy to Artest or Fisher for all i care.  I doubt Spurs fans even cared that Parker was their finals MVP not Duncan couple years ago. 

Stop actin like Pau got robbed or something, its not like he dominated the whole series and got overlooked.

Sure he played well enough to be considered, but dudes beatin it into the ground like Kobe gettin it is ridiculous.

Both players had highs & lows throughout the series.

Kobe probly got the benefit of the doubt because of who he is, but if u think theres no way in hell he desreved it
youre no better than the Kobe stans u speak of.

Stop actin like Pau got robbed or something, its not like he dominated the whole series and got overlooked.

Sure he played well enough to be considered, but dudes beatin it into the ground like Kobe gettin it is ridiculous.

Kobe probly got the benefit of the doubt because of who he is, but if u think theres no way in hell he desreved it
youre no better than the Kobe stans u speak of.

lol @ 'Because it's Kobe', like the person had nothing to do with the negative opinions formed about him

Those Tim Duncan games, was there someone else that had a REALLY nice game while he struggled, and someone that maybe averaged a double-double in the series?

Same 2 questions for all the other games mentioned. Were there individual games where the superstar struggled and someone else had a great game that night? And that player also had a highly impressive series?

Obviously, West had teammates that had great games while he struggled, but I doubt he had teammates that had better series than him in those Finals losses.

Kobe turned a lot of people off to him before he won his first championship, lost more folks on the way to his first finals loss, and continued to lose people until he went through this tranformation 3-4 years ago. Now, he's laughing it up in interviews, playing as the consummate (sp?) teammate, kissing the wife and kids constantly, and just portraying an image that's hard to dislike.

The image he portrayed before was easy to dislike, so people disliked him. So when it comes to compare him w/ some other great, acting like all things are equal or similar, it has to be mentioned that all things are not equal or similar.

"Excellent player struggled in gm. 7."

True, that can be said about a lot of players.

"He's a great player who turned off a lot of people because of his persona and playing style, then had a forgettable gm. 7 (to cap off a great series) alongside a teammate who had an excellent gm. 7 (and also had a great series)."

Can that be said about all the other greats mentioned?
I am pretty sure Manu and Parker took turns carrying the offense at times...just like Pau Gasol and fisher did this year

You also can't forget about Robert Horry saving the spurs time and time again. Remember game 5 of the 2005 finals? I remember Kerr not missing any 3 pointers in 2003.

Lastly, you can not forget the excellent defenders Duncan had with him all those years.

Kobe>>>>>>>>>Duncan

lol @ 'Because it's Kobe', like the person had nothing to do with the negative opinions formed about him

Those Tim Duncan games, was there someone else that had a REALLY nice game while he struggled, and someone that maybe averaged a double-double in the series?

Same 2 questions for all the other games mentioned. Were there individual games where the superstar struggled and someone else had a great game that night? And that player also had a highly impressive series?

Obviously, West had teammates that had great games while he struggled, but I doubt he had teammates that had better series than him in those Finals losses.

Kobe turned a lot of people off to him before he won his first championship, lost more folks on the way to his first finals loss, and continued to lose people until he went through this tranformation 3-4 years ago. Now, he's laughing it up in interviews, playing as the consummate (sp?) teammate, kissing the wife and kids constantly, and just portraying an image that's hard to dislike.

The image he portrayed before was easy to dislike, so people disliked him. So when it comes to compare him w/ some other great, acting like all things are equal or similar, it has to be mentioned that all things are not equal or similar.

"Excellent player struggled in gm. 7."

True, that can be said about a lot of players.

"He's a great player who turned off a lot of people because of his persona and playing style, then had a forgettable gm. 7 (to cap off a great series) alongside a teammate who had an excellent gm. 7 (and also had a great series)."

Can that be said about all the other greats mentioned?
I am pretty sure Manu and Parker took turns carrying the offense at times...just like Pau Gasol and fisher did this year

You also can't forget about Robert Horry saving the spurs time and time again. Remember game 5 of the 2005 finals? I remember Kerr not missing any 3 pointers in 2003.

Lastly, you can not forget the excellent defenders Duncan had with him all those years.

Kobe>>>>>>>>>Duncan

CP:
You effing bum. Why'd you ask me this?
laugh.gif

Nah, as soon as the game was over, I had Pau as my MVP, but knew it would o to Kobe. Tough for me to go against Pau's double-double for the series and his 19 pts + 18 boards in gm. 7, including critical plays in the last 7 minutes or so.

HOWEVA...
MJsaver:
its not like he [Pau] dominated the whole series and got overlooked.

Kobe probly got the benefit of the doubt because of who he is, but if u think theres no way in hell he desreved it, youre no better than the Kobe stans
This. All of it.

Although I think Pau was the MVP...

#1- ...he wasn't dominant

#2- ...Kobe didn't suck.#3- Because of those 2 things, arguing that Pau was robbed is ridiculous.

#4- In any Finals featuring Kobe (or LeBron, or Wade), the majority opinion will be that Kobe (or LeBron, or Wade) is he MVP if their team wins, and this opinion exists before thw gm. 1 tipoff. A teammate of those guys in a Finals would have to play SPECTACULAR to be given the MVP. Pau wasn't spectacular.

Back
Top Bottom