**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Billups was super clutch his first year and a half in the league?

Heh, did not know that.....

Chauncey played for 4 different teams his first 3 years in the league. Totally different circumstances. Once he got to DET, the rest was history.

Let's see what DLol does once he gets traded a couple times.
4 years*
Billups was drafted in '97 by Boston. By 2000, he had already played for Bos, Tor, Den, and was on his 4th team (Min) in the 2000-'01 season.
He didn't get to Detroit until the 2002-2003 season though.....
But my point was that Chauncey had a very unstable career his first 3 years or so therefore could never get in a groove and find his game. 

Totally different career path than what DLo is experiencing now. DLo has every opportunity (and then some) to make an impact and has underachieved thus far imo.

Remember when Tmac shook Kobe, then Kobe dunked on him next play?

Shaq dunked on Bynum, Bynum dunked on Shaq next play

Fisher ran over Scola

MJ chased down Ron Mercer

CP3, Gary Payton, so many others....Show us you're serious and passionate about your craft, you have pride, toughness

Everything is prima Donna with Dlo

Ah, so you expect a 20 year old to play like all time greats, in their primes.

I see.

Reasonable.

Yes that's exactly it
You have the right to be perfectly content with your favorite teams star #2 pick PG being weak minded and soft B type personality

And I can criticize it

Remember when Tmac shook Kobe, then Kobe dunked on him next play?

Shaq dunked on Bynum, Bynum dunked on Shaq next play

Fisher ran over Scola

MJ chased down Ron Mercer

CP3, Gary Payton, so many others....Show us you're serious and passionate about your craft, you have pride, toughness

Everything is prima Donna with Dlo
Aka...the flash before the smash

Maybe I am mis-remembering, but Conley wasn't good to begin his career on defense (short, weak, young) and didn't carry the nuance we all know about him these days until things started to click his fourth year. Didn't really take advantage of his quickness advantage his first three years. Need the homie bhz to confirm.

Agreed.

Conley didn't start to become the defender he is at PG until Hollins and eventually TA came along. Lionel pretty much groomed him into becoming a good defender and he started to add more muscle.

In all honesty, Conley not only struggled defensively, but he struggled as a player overall until probably 2009-10. 07-08/08-09, fans wanted him out. It wasn't until Hollins came along is when we started to see more maturity in his game.

Billups was super clutch his first year and a half in the league?

Heh, did not know that.....

Chauncey played for 4 different teams his first 3 years in the league. Totally different circumstances. Once he got to DET, the rest was history.

Let's see what DLol does once he gets traded a couple times.
4 years*

Billups was drafted in '97 by Boston. By 2000, he had already played for Bos, Tor, Den, and was on his 4th team (Min) in the 2000-'01 season.
He didn't get to Detroit until the 2002-2003 season though.....

But my point was that Chauncey had a very unstable career his first 3 years or so therefore could never get in a groove and find his game. 

Totally different career path than what DLo is experiencing now. DLo has every opportunity (and then some) to make an impact and has underachieved thus far imo.
Yeah I can agree he has been just decent so far, nothing spectacular
Funny how he's still the best PG of 2015 draft though :lol:

Last edited:
Maybe I am mis-remembering, but Conley wasn't good to begin his career on defense (short, weak, young) and didn't carry the nuance we all know about him these days until things started to click his fourth year. Didn't really take advantage of his quickness advantage his first three years. Need the homie bhz to confirm.

Agreed.

Conley didn't start to become the defender he is at PG until Hollins and eventually TA came along. Lionel pretty much groomed him into becoming a good defender and he started to add more muscle.

In all honesty, Conley not only struggled defensively, but he struggled as a player overall until probably 2009-10. 07-08/08-09, fans wanted him out. It wasn't until Hollins came along is when we started to see more maturity in his game.
Thank you.

Lettuce not forget Conley was THISCLOSE to getting traded for Ramon freaking Sessions his second year in the league. :rofl:

Last edited:
Weak minded, soft, b type personality......

You get all this from watchin him on TV?
"That comes with time and effort, and he puts in both. He studies the game, he works hard, and he WANTS to lead."

You get all this from watching him on your Vizio?

"He can shoot, well. He can pass absurdly well."

56th in the NBA in 3 pt %, and a lil over 4 assists per game on a team that averages well over 100 ppg. You get all this from watching him on your flat screen?

All I want to know right now is....who's the best PG currently of the 2015 draft?

Last edited:

Agreed.

Thank you.

Lettuce not forget Conley was THISCLOSE to getting traded for Ramon freaking Sessions his second year in the league.
roll.gif
So I guess the question begs an answer: Which coach, then, is gonna make a difference in DLol's career that's gonna make DLol a quicker player who can penetrate the lane at will and which coach is gonna turn DLol into one of the best defensive PG's in the NBA? The Lakers better get Lionel Hollins on the staff pronto!

Do you ever hear someone say "wow, ever since Charlie turned 25 he's become so competitive ". :lol:

No, it's always "he's been like that since he was little"

If you're a true competitor who hates to lose you sprint hard on D, run out ground balls to first base etc

Last edited:
I just checked, .375% on 6 attempts a game. That's pretty good at 28, much less 20.

And per 36 minutes he's a shade away from 20/5/6 a night. At 20. And we're upset about this?!?!?!?!?!?

Sheesh.

I just checked, .375% on 6 attempts a game. That's pretty good at 28, much less 20.

And per 36 minutes he's a shade away from 20/5/6 a night. At 20. And we're upset about this?!?!?!?!?!?

Sheesh.

It's a shame his own coach who sees him play and practice everyday won't play him 36 minutes

I wonder why. If he's so good he should be on the bench less

Do you ever hear someone say "wow, ever since Charlie turned 25 he's become so competitive ".
laugh.gif

Exactly.

Kwame Brown, J.R. Reid, Michael Olowokandi, Big Country Reeves, Jonny Flynn, Adam Morrison, Greg Oden, Antonio Daniels, Marcus Banks, Bryce Drew, Randy Woods, Bo Kimble, Harold Miner, William Avery, Mateen Cleaves, Darko Milicic, etc etc.

Do you ever hear someone say "wow, ever since Charlie turned 25 he's become so competitive ". :lol:

If you're a true competitor who hates to lose you sprint hard on D, run out ground balls to first base etc

So Kobe and Jordan were killin dudes at 20, like they did at 27? :nerd:

At 27 they were killing dudes with glares, with words, just bein on the court.
They ain't have that at 20. They were kids, tryin their ***** off, but not scarin nobody. Fought hard, but intimidating, dogging people down? No way.

Russ balls hard. He ain't scare nobody at 20. He just ran fast. Same with Steph, KD, Harden, etc.

Can DLo put more effort at 20? Sure, absolutely. Absolutely.
But does it mean automatically he won't when he's 27? No, not at all. That will come.

Back
Top Bottom