**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Getting rid of Mitch and Jim was the right move

Magic and Rob made good moves initially then some really bad ones

I liked the Magic hire and now I’m glad he’s gone. People have the right to change their minds as circumstances change.

Just because we were hollering 24K Magic in here doesn’t mean we can’t criticize his decisions and have to be supportive of him as President for the rest of eternity. This is all fluid in my view

My point wasn't really about Magic, it was everyone killing Jim FOR YEARS before he was let go.

I did NOT make that **** up. As Tupac was saying I did.

Jim was CRUSHED in here. Saying I'm making that up (in 2019) or creating some narrative is completely false.

:lol: now I wanna know the answer. I know we dodged a lot of bullets and kept a lot of picks

The only real one was Mikal Bridges. And we have LeBron at his position. The rest were draft and stashes that never amounted to anything. And like you said we kept 2 of the picks. It wasn't a bad trade at all

Jimmy was trash in his last few years and he essentially offed himself. I can't feel sorry for him

I'm not asking you to feel sorry. What's done is done.

But I didn't make some narrative up. Laker fans wanted his *** out asap. Jeanie, Magic, Rob were the crew.

Jim was a daily ***** fest, same as Luke was. I didn't pull that outta my ***.

My point wasn't really about Magic, it was everyone killing Jim FOR YEARS before he was let go.

I did NOT make that **** up. As Tupac was saying I did.

Jim was CRUSHED in here. Saying I'm making that up (in 2019) or creating some narrative is completely false.

Bruh. Jim killed himself with his dumbass self imposed deadline. Tied his own hands and made panic deals for Moz and deng. No one to blame but himself

Bruh. Jim killed himself with his dumbass self imposed deadline. Tied his own hands and made panic deals for Moz and deng. No one to blame but himself

Which is fine. He's gone. Laker fans wanted him out, they got him out. That's that, right?

I didn't make this **** up in 2019. Laker fans wanted him out. Knowing that meant Jeanie owned everything. It was known.

Saying I created that narrative is ********. I didn't create jack.

This is what Laker fans wanted. Jim out, Jeanie in. (With Magic-Rob)

I think people wanted Jeanie to take control because Jim proved incompetent

Now Jeanie’s done the same.

This implies we should’ve kept Jim. Is that your position? It also implies you wanted to keep him

I wasn't in a hurry to kill Jim and Mitch. I was fine tanking and stacking, I was more annoyed Mitch wouldn't help by selling. Lou, Pau, Boozer. Give aways, etc. Help the losses, try to steal an asset or two. Like Ainge selling off corpses.

Other than that, I was patient with them. I wanted the MDA extension, give it time, wait it out.

I wasn't furious Jim got got, I did understand it. But I don't have love for Jeanie. 48.5 soured me on her BIG time. That......I was furious about.

Which is fine. He's gone. Laker fans wanted him out, they got him out. That's that, right?

I didn't make this **** up in 2019. Laker fans wanted him out. Knowing that meant Jeanie owned everything. It was known.

Saying I created that narrative is bull****. I didn't create jack.

This is what Laker fans wanted. Jim out, Jeanie in. (With Magic-Rob)

He got himself out because he was an idiot. The organization under him was no better than it is right now. Just a different flavor

I wasn't in a hurry to kill Jim and Mitch. I was fine tanking and stacking, I was more annoyed Mitch wouldn't help by selling. Lou, Pau, Boozer. Give aways, etc. Help the losses, try to steal an asset or two. Like Ainge selling off corpses.

Other than that, I was patient with them. I wanted the MDA extension, give it time, wait it out.

I wasn't furious Jim got got, I did understand it. But I don't have love for Jeanie. 48.5 soured me on her BIG time. That......I was furious about.

That’s fair. Jeanie was always about business. She ran the business side. Hence #StayD12, the Kobe contract, Lonzo, wanting Lebron for the farewell tour, etc all business moves

You're still upset about Kobe's contract. And I still don't know what else you expected to happen. The only viable free agents were Lance and IT. None of the others were coming even if you gave Kobe the vet minimum. Ironic that we eventually landed both Lance and IT and they were garbage

You're still upset about Kobe's contract. And I still don't know what else you expected to happen. The only viable free agents were Lance and IT. None of the others were coming even if you gave Kobe the vet minimum. Ironic that we eventually landed both Lance and IT and they were garbage

Man, I forgot about the StayD12. Oh my God. :lol: :smh:

Naw, I'm not upset about 48.5 anymore, I just flat out disagree with it.

Hell, I was more upset we offered Melo 94 million.

And, remember.......if not for Kobe's last year/salary, they could have added DeAndre with LMA, with DLo/Randle/Kobe etc. Not a title, but let's Kobe get back to competing his last year, less pressure on DLo, Jim etc.
LMA wanted a true Center. We couldn't afford both because 25 mil was tied to Kobe.

Alas, we got BI/Ball and Bron now. Just an alt universe. Nail this summer, we'll be ok.

Man, I forgot about the StayD12. Oh my God. :lol: :smh:

Naw, I'm not upset about 48.5 anymore, I just flat out disagree with it.

Hell, I was more upset we offered Melo 94 million.

And, remember.......if not for Kobe's last year/salary, they could have added DeAndre with LMA, with DLo/Randle/Kobe etc. Not a title, but let's Kobe get back to competing his last year, less pressure on DLo, Jim etc.
LMA wanted a true Center. We couldn't afford both because 25 mil was tied to Kobe.

Alas, we got BI/Ball and Bron now. Just an alt universe. Nail this summer, we'll be ok.

Yea. Lot of selling dreams going on. None of that was happening. LMA wanted a true center but he signed with his hometown Spurs who had Matt boner and zombie Tim Duncan at center. Stop it :lol:

Yea. Lot of selling dreams going on. None of that was happening. LMA wanted a true center but he signed with his hometown Spurs who had Matt boner and zombie Tim Duncan at center. Stop it :lol:

Go back to that thread, (15-16?) he wanted to play with DeAndre. We were trying to find a way for both. Multiple reporters sourcing it. Reason we couldn't......

Go back to that thread, (15-16?) he wanted to play with DeAndre. We were trying to find a way for both. Multiple reporters sourcing it. Reason we couldn't......

Was this going to happen when he came back for a third interview after Jimmy bombed the first two?

Was this going to happen when he came back for a third interview after Jimmy bombed the first two?

That I don't know. It's been a few years. There was probably multiple factors.

But he had the home in LA, met with us first, had we had the space, pitched DeAndre with him, might have been diff.

*Shrugs* It's no big, we've moved on, might have been interesting, but we could have had Melo too, so maybe we're better off. :lol:

Without googling, what players were drafted with the picks from the Nash trade?
It was the 10th pick that eventually the suns traded to philly. At the 10 they picked bridges but traded it for zhaire smith.

Picks after that we’re Shai...huerter...to name a few

All those are better then 45 year old Nash who played what seemed like 5 mins for LA

BOOM!

The Lakers also gave up four draft picks in the deal:

• 2013 first-round pick (No. 30 overall) - The Suns used this pick to select Nemanja Nedovic from Serbia. His rights were then traded to the Golden State Warriors for Archie Goodwin and Malcolm Lee, with Lee then being used as part of a package to acquire the No. 18 pick in the 2014 draft which was used to pick Tyler Ennis.
  • 2013 second-round pick (No. 57 overall)- Phoenix picked Alex Oriakhi who was later traded for Isaiah Thomas. The Suns then traded Thomas to the Celtics as part of a 3-team deal in which the Suns picked up a future first-round pick from the Cavaliers (2016 if not in the top 10).
  • 2014 second-round pick (No. 36 overall)- This pick was used in a complicated 3-team trade that landed the Suns a potential first-round pick from the Minnesota Timberwolves. That pick was later used by Phoenix to acquire Brandan Wright from the Celtics.
  • 2015 first-round pick - The Suns used this pick, along with Ennis and another player (Miles Plumlee), in a 3-team trade with Phoenix landing a starting shooting guard in Brandon Knight and Kendall Marshall. The Lakers will keep the pick if it is in the top-5 of this year's draft and will instead send a future pick.

Back
Top Bottom