**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Oh for sure. He needs a legit second option. None of the kids are ready to step up. Still hope they keep at least keep Lonzo. Kuzma is a great value too under the cap.

Brining Lue though pretty much guarantees that he’ll surround LBJ with shooters. None of that multiple playmakers BS, Magic incorporated last year...

He's not a first option anymore

Oh for sure. He needs a legit second option. None of the kids are ready to step up. Still hope they keep at least keep Lonzo. Kuzma is a great value too under the cap.

Brining Lue though pretty much guarantees that he’ll surround LBJ with shooters. None of that multiple playmakers BS, Magic incorporated last year...

He needs to be the 2nd option.

Happy for Ty Lue. But we hired yet another ex-Laker. Only thing to be optimistic about, really, is the fact he was always an overachiever and he always played hard. I love the fact he an underdog yet he's proven to overcome all sorts of challenges throughout his career both as a player and a coach. And dude played alongside and learned from the GOAT, which may be another reason Lebron respects him, which at this point is all we can really ask for.

Now that I think about it even more, there's really no better candidate for the next 2-3 years imho. We just gotta hope Rob Lowe knows what he's doing when it comes to finding the right mix of talent to surround Lebron with and secondly, does he have what it takes to win over a top tier free agent this summer.

Well yeah but in that case we aren't winning anything. He can't take a team over the hump as a #1 anymore
I agree for the most part, although there will be some games where Lebron can easily be a #1 option down the stretch too. But it's a good problem to have imo...who's to say the Lakers can't have a 1 and a 1A like the Warriors do with KD and Steph.

I really want Kawhi to come here. He would take a load off Lebron, and his laidback personality is the perfect type of dude we need for this team, the quiet, drama free leader we need.

It’s not like Lue spent a decade here. I don’t consider him Laker family. He played here 20 years ago for 3 seasons lol

I guess he’s looked at differently because he was on those title teams

I don't remember, was Kyrie ok with Lue in Cleveland? It was only Bron that bothered him, right? And they patched things up, so does having Lue help with Kyrie at all? Or is he a Knick already and nothin to see here, let's go look for Kemba?

yall know me im a bron-ovah's witness through and through

and i will agree
bron bron HAS to be no. 2 option if they want to win
he has to do to the new star player what Wade did for him in Miami

and at this point i'm hoping really bad that it's Klaw!!

Stoneface don't seem like the type that wants to be under the Laker spotlight. We don't even have a stable front office, not sure what superstar wants to come to a franchise that's unpredictable and these rumors about who's got power and who's in charge. Maybe somebody will come looking at that young talent and Lebron is still a top 5-7 player.

Instability up top and coaching carousel plus aging superstar

Tier 1 guys aren’t excited to join that combination

Keep Kyrie away. I’m more disenchanted with him every game I watch. I’d almost rather have Vucevic (almost lol)

It’s Kawhi/KD or bust.
Any other combo doesn’t win us a ring.

I don't get this Kyrie slander.

why.png

Agreed . Kyrie is one of the those aloof type “different” cats. His basketball skill is off the charts, but do his teammates love to play with him? Dame and Steph are loved by their teams, Kyrie not so much. Look at how they play without him or how he got into it with Hayward a few months ago for not getting the ball....

Man for the love of god keep Vucecic away from this squad.

In terms of tier B players i wouldn't be upset with Kemba at all. but outside of him i would be upset if we paid max money to someone else in that lower tier. I like Jimmy's game a lot & i'm not to thrown off by some of his critics. My only issue is that he's turning 30 & has played for Thibbs a majority of his years, that's a scary sight.

You do know Walton wasn't making player decision right, I doubt that will change with Lue.

Back
Top Bottom