**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Griffin is fond of BI so there’s that
Besides that I think contracts wise they have to include BI right?

Can you confirm MVP MVP
Or was that some false ish I read on Twitter lol

Can you confirm MVP MVP

That is correct when he was on NBATV he was raving about BI. Not sure how much the clots have dampened that enthusiasm but he was definitely speaking in glowing terms about him.

Can you confirm MVP MVP
You're right about the cap situation. We won't have a max slot if we have Ingram and his cap hold on the roster. If we make an AD trade, Ingram will have to be included.

I do not think they need to send all 3 of the young guys
2/3 + pick is prob where it’s going to be

Prob be BI and Kuz to be honest
I would like to keep BI the most but end the center piece no matter what
Then zo cuz I think eventually he’s gonna be pretty good as a starting PG
Kuz last even tho he can bring it offensively I just dunno how much better he can get. He fits the most with Bron tho imo but zo defense is gonna be important in the West
Man an offense run by Rue dishing to BI, Kuz, Williams. Never win anything but would be fun to watch.

You're right about the cap situation. We won't have a max slot if we have Ingram and his cap hold on the roster. If we make an AD trade, Ingram will have to be included.

That's not true if we get rid of everybody except BI and Kuz. The cap projection is at 118 mil for next summer.

Bron 39 mil
BI 21 mill (cap hold)
Kuz 3.5 mill
9 roster holds at 500k each =4.5 mil
Deng stretch 5 mil

That's 73 million. Leaves 45 mill in cap space with AD's salary starting at 35.4 mil. We could almost retain Zo as well if AD takes slightly less for the 1st year, his number is at 11 mill. BI doesn't have to be a casualty. That's even more reason not to gut the team for him.

tenor.gif

Y’all confident in Rob understanding all the nuances of the salary cap?

Hoping he has a team of capologists but with Jeanie’s cheapness they were probably laid off

Hoping he has a team of capologists but with Jeanie’s cheapness they were probably laid off

None whatsoever. All you have to do is look at Sporttrac though they have it right there.

he's an agent bruh. thought that was the main reason he was paired with magic since earvin knows nothing in salary cap and whatnot.

I'm hella confused on the parameters of this deal now :lol:. I thought we had to give up like 6 guys and only one of Zo/BI or is that just to free up a 3rd max? If we could potentially keep both Zo and Ingram I'm all for that given that our best target in free agency is probably Kemba.

Who’s to say what the Pels are asking for and what the Lakers would give up?

None of us know anything.

So much speculation out there right now

I'm hella confused on the parameters of this deal now :lol:. I thought we had to give up like 6 guys and only one of Zo/BI or is that just to free up a 3rd max? If we could potentially keep both Zo and Ingram I'm all for that given that our best target in free agency is probably Kemba.

If you're talkin about the same one I saw, it was something like BI, Kuz, #4, Hart, Wagner, and Bonga for AD, we can sign a "3rd" Max guy, and keep Zo. Then fill out the remaining 8 with ring chasers. (like a Vince Carter, Javale etc)

Knowing our team, we give up everyone plus our next 5 picks and send them 25 mil in cash considerations while taking on a big contract

If you're talkin about the same one I saw, it was something like BI, Kuz, #4, Hart, Wagner, and Bonga for AD, we can sign a "3rd" Max guy, and keep Zo. Then fill out the remaining 8 with ring chasers. (like a Vince Carter, Javale etc)
So basically give away a whole squad for AD?

I can't be too mad at this but at the same time it's too much.

Back
Top Bottom