**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Seth getting at least 10

Really? He's going to make > 3x what he was last season? I could see maybe 6 (3 years/18 mil). But if he can get 10 more power to him. If the bench players are going to be that costly I'm all in on the 3rd max.

Ok that makes sense. I've also read that the Lakers can trade the #4 in a solo deal with a 2nd rounder coming back and then trade BI/Zo/Hart/Bonga/Wagner/Jones for AD and have as much as $39 million in cap if they do it that way and it would be done on the 6th. They pretty much got all their bases covered

this scenario would be great for us but that's 1000% not happening why would NO just freely give up the 4th pick for nothing

Really? He's going to make > 3x what he was last season? I could see maybe 6 (3 years/18 mil). But if he can get 10 more power to him. If the bench players are going to be that costly I'm all in on the 3rd max.

He did well in the playoffs and shooters are at a premium. Just my guess

So you telling me NBA=WWE?

tenor.gif

“David Griffin and Rob Pelinka were engaged on Friday. They were in an animated discussion in the back of the gym that lasted for several minutes. Griffin at times was covering his mouth. I absolutely was not going to watch what was happening on the floor, I had my eyes on this the whole time.”

Of course, no one knows what Pelinka and David Griffin (the man now in charge of the Pelicans’ front office) were speaking about but it’s safe to assume that Davis’ name came up.

NBA executives use events like the combine to speak all the time. Pelinka and Griffin engaging in talks does not mean the two sides are closer to reaching a deal by any means.

However, given rumors of the Pelicans’ lack of interest in trading with the Lakers and the fact that their organization preferred to engage with Magic Johnson over Pelinka last year, this is still notable information.

The Lakers will almost certainly not pull off a trade, including one for Davis, until after the bulk of free agency is complete. That would give them the theoretical path to getting two stars this summer alongside James. It would also mean that, if their number four overall pick in the draft were to be included, they would have to draft a player for the Pelicans and include him in the trade at least 30 days later.

There are a lot of moving parts to get an Anthony Davis trade complete for both the Pelicans and the Lakers should they pull it off. Engaging in discussions this early is at least a positive sign that both sides are willing to meet at the table.

This was a week before the draft lottery. None of this is happening spontaneously. But it's happening..

Lopez the only one ont hat list who i can see making way more than he's projected at. dude was an efficient three point shooter on high volume... and he's a 7 footer who can protect the paint. Lopez gonna get atleast 10 a year.

We shouldn't even be looking his way considering i don't think him & AD are gonna play together that much. The majority of our bread if we don't go after another max guy has to be spent on guards... We are gonna NEED another playmaker on this squad.. I like danny green, I like Pat bev but neither one of those dudes can come close to creating their own shot let alone a shot for someone else.

that's gonna be the hardest thing as far as i'm concerned.

also i can't be the only one willing to bring lance back on a vet minimum deal right? I think lance is a great option off the bench

As a favor for taking bonga Wagner and Jones so we can get max slot

How many favors do they need? :lol:. Plus those guys would be going to a third team not the pelicans. Remember when the trade talks first started and Griff kept talking about needing a 3rd team?

According to Joe Vardon of The Athletic, it’s highly unlikely Griffin would gift wrap Davis to his buddy LeBron James and the Lakers, unless they’re able to get a third team involved in the negotiations:

No, Griffin will not simply trade Davis to L.A. to help his ol’ buddy LeBron. That’s an absurd proposition on its merits, unless the Lakers can sweeten the trade with a third team. Moving Davis will only be the most important trade in franchise history. So, you know, Griffin will need to get this right.

Basically the trade would have never been agreed upon unless a 3rd team was in place. The deal for Bonga/Wagner/Jones is already done, we just don't know who it is yet and they're most likely getting the 4th pick also. Possibly Phoenix since they were rumored to make Garland a promise.

The #4 pick hold is missing in that compilation, unless the person who did that is assuming it's a straight up pick swap on draft night in a separate deal. I'm a little confused as to how we get the MLE and not just the BAE (for being a non tax payer team).

He was a PG that had a massive growth spurt. He should be the best player on the planet in short order. A perennial MVP and DPOTY candidate.

Back
Top Bottom