**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Would be crazy if Dwight becomes the X factor in the playoffs and we win a chip. Anchoring the defense, controlling the paint with blocks, rebounds, altered shots, put backs is HUGE (if he can do all that)

Lol but we wanted to give DUDLEY & KUZ DMC’s minutes???

Some of yall dont know **** about basketball besides ball in the family and house of highlights 10 minute game recaps. F outta here

How you loose DMC and bounce back with dwight on a non garunreed deal??? AMAZING recovery

but yall wanted manimal???

GTFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HERE MAN

kobe81x_wall.jpg

Would be crazy if Dwight becomes the X factor in the playoffs and we win a chip. Anchoring the defense, controlling the paint with blocks, rebounds, altered shots, put backs is HUGE (if he can do all that)
If he helps wins a chip, are we forgiving his first Stint? :nerd:

The thing that Kills me about Dwight is that he has never shown the ability to do the dirty work. especially as a screener & he is also gonna get killed on switches & guarding the Pick & Roll.

not to mention the chemistry issues he's Always had. I would have much rather them try & get a G-League dude & allow the opportunity to earn some minutes.. atleast the effort would be there.

I'm not expecting much, but i do believe we will dominate teams on the boards this season & really make it hard for teams to score in the post. so thing should be balanced out.

Lol at "catalyst"
Every year we do this. We convince ourselves of the moves management make. We did it with lance Beas and rondo last year. We are doing it again with rondo Bradley aand Howard. Lol

I'll say this, the media is absolutely killing this move (Around the Horn, PTI and 710).

But I really don't get it. If he is bad we just cut him. I really don't understand how they think Noah was a better fit...I just don't. Rebound and play d. If he doesn't get hurt and gives us the production he gave the Hornets....

I dunno. I really don't think it's the end of the world like some people are trying to make it.

Low risk. High reward.

He really doesn’t have to give us more than defense and rebounding. Put backs and lobs.

If he’s relatively healthy... AD and Dwight up front gonna be tough to deal with

Can’t really complain about this move. there is literally no cons. Nobody else was available. Plus if he sucks, if hes a locker room cancer, if another player becomes available (iggy) etc, we can cut him.

But to expect Dwight to all of a sudden be good is a stretch. He doesn’t offer much upside at this point of his career. Hes also oft injured which I don’t expect to be different this year either. He will almost certainly miss games.

Dwight will basically fill the Tyson Chandler role from last year. Except Dwight doesn’t have osteoporosis and can still move/jump. All he needs to do is grab rebounds on both ends of the glass, show a real effort to box out, and play defense. If he can do that with purpose he’ll be solid. Offensively I am not expecting much aside from the occasional put backs and lobs.

The problem with Dwight IMO isn't on court stuff even in his bad years he's still been an elite rebounder & played decent defense. It's his attitude off the court & his constant breaking up chemistry that has caused issues.

From an on court standpoint i think his biggest issue with this team will be him trying to ISO in the post & slowing down the offense. That and way too many times does he grab the board & try to bring it up himself instead of getting it too an outlet player, that was something i was really excited about getting from boogie. He can really get a fastbreak going.

Yall should watch his interview again. He talks about how he doesn't have any friends because he's weird. He struggled to name 5 guys he's cool with and listed guys like Sam Dekker and Isiah canan. I almost think he named those guys because they're basically out the league and can't refute his story :lol:. The off court stuff is real

People don’t change. Players don’t change. We want him to rebound, rim run and play D? Basically everything Noah is better at. Sure it’s low risk bc you can cut howard but Noah likely gone by then and ALSO if you cut Howard, that’s another blemish on our front office that they are trying so hard to clean up.

Also Howard was Jeannie Buss’ guy. This has Jeanie and Linda all over it. That’s already a strike for me.

Think the clippers not getting him is where his real value is. Their guard defense is elite on paper, we dont need them strong inside too.

Back
Top Bottom