**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Gasol/Dwight
AD/Melo
Bron/Ariza
Bazemore/THT/Monk
Westbrook/Nunn/Rondo
Reaves/Ayayi

Slim pickings left to fill two (or three) roster slots.

Gasol/Dwight
AD/Melo
Bron/Ariza
Bazemore/THT/Monk
Westbrook/Nunn/Rondo
Reaves/Ayayi

Slim pickings left to fill two (or three) roster slots.
Ya will have to be a guy ok with playing behind ALL these guys.

Ya will have to be a guy ok with playing behind ALL these guys.
I'd go for the upside play with Harry Giles as the fourth big on the roster. Injury prone, but loads of potential. Sign him to a non-guaranteed contract and see how he does. Isaiah Hartenstein is worth a look too.

James Ennis is the only swingman left on the market worth a damn.

122487632_3705148086209128_1131432807198660938_n.jpg

Giles was supposed to baby KG. :smh: If his knees hold up he's solid in spot minutes. He decided to shoot some threes in his limited time last year too.

Rondo is another playmaker to push the ball. I think Vogel won't play him much during the regular season, but come playoff time, #PlayoffRondo.

Think it will be a lot like the championship season, Where we won't have to rely on Rondo, but some nights he will be inserted as a pace changer.

Hope Rondo & Westbrook are good tho, Russ could actually benefit learning some things from him.

We are definitely in need of another big for regular season purposes, Having Gasol/Dwight could be risky considering their age. Wouldn't mind bringing in another big.

We are definitely in need of another big for regular season purposes, Having Gasol/Dwight could be risky considering their age. Wouldn't mind bringing in another big.

The roster really doesn't make much sense right now, to be honest. We have a ton of guards yet no wing players other than Ariza

I'm assuming they're just going to go with outscoring other teams in the regular season & try to get another wing during the buyout market.

They can play a lot of three guard rotations because we have guys like Russ, THT, Bazemore who can hold their own against wings.

But Unlike the past two years, there's no point where are offense should stall. With one of AD, Bron, Russ on the floor at all times... Along with Monk, Nunn, THT, Melo & Now Rondo we have several playmakers & guys who can get into the lane.

Obviously this won't be a night to night thing, but this is an example of the possibilities Russ brings on defense, & come playoff time i think we could see this for stretches, especially because he doesn't Have to carry the offense as much.

Back
Top Bottom