**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Just realized Deandre has 2 years left on his deal.
Zero chance there’s a buyout.

this is his last nba contract. No way he gives up anything except 2.6 on NEXT years deal which wouldn’t benefit nets to do the buyout now when they are gonna pay him this years salary regardless

I know he’s getting paid a lot but is he getting forced to do a buy out? I thought KD was his boy. I don’t see any reason why he would be mad about making that much money for a reduced role behind Claxton

I know he’s getting paid a lot but is he getting forced to do a buy out? I thought KD was his boy. I don’t see any reason why he would be mad about making that much money for a reduced role behind Claxton
There’s no such thing as being forced to do a buyout.

If you mean they bench him or tell him not to show up and make him miserable to accept a buyout- that doesn’t really work for a guy like Jordan is who is essentially out of the league except for 1 vet min deal. This only works on a last year deal bc you only need to give up 2.6 of the remaining 9.8 mill due. Then you go and get that 2.6 from lakers.
With 18 mill left the nets would have to pay him all of this years plus all of next year minus 2.6. This makes no sense for nets and they might as well hold onto him this year and permanently put him on trade block.

what nets hope for is that he acccwpts 2.6 off this year and forfeit all of next years money or take half of total due or something like that. Again this works for player like kemba bc he had a 10+ mill dollar deal lined up and he’s still has gas left in tank. Jordan isn’t that level of a player

Last edited:
240487111_5043572992337851_3590092767556063293_n.jpg

Who tried to tell me these guys were besties because there was a video of them doing a handshake at the training facility :lol:

Just like a video showing AD and Shroeder shaking hands and smiling doesn’t prove they are in love

An article from an anonymous source thst says he was frustrated that DS wasn’t a good playmaking pg and getting him easy shots doesn’t mean they wanna kill each other.

Don’t think milsap on nets hurts lakers as much bc of our size but I’m confused why lakers were never team “interested” in him. Back up 4. Small ball 5. I get he may not have wanted to come here but usually lakers are the first team named in rumors.

Millsap and Aldridges clears the way for DeAndre Jordan to be bought-out.
I mean he has 2 years 19 mill left. I guess if he takes 16.4 it makes sense for him. Buyouts with more than 1 year left are rare

Back
Top Bottom