**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

It was really just Rondo and to a lesser extent Bradley in 2019-20. Rondo was awful in the regular season and had a long leash. Thankfully he turned it around.

I'm still waiting for these long list of Wings that the Lakers passed on & goofed over the summer :lol: :lol: .

Second Years Pelinka gets Gasol who's a stretch C, the #1 & #2 leaders in 6MOTY who can both create their own shot, Keeps Kuz, Caruso & KCP...... This team needs shooting badly, Lebron/AD have to create to much we need bigs who can catch lobs & protect the paint

Rudy Gay - would've gave him the mini MLE over Nunn.
Otto Porter - signed pretty quickly with GSW, but would've been worth it.
Garrison Matthews - playing well now in HOU, but it is HOU.
JAMES ENNIS - Still confused about this one. Took AB over him. AB was struggling. AB is still struggling.

Alex Caruso - Ummmmmm yeah.

And I loved last offseason's moves. I wish Schroder would've came off the bench with Trez, but he was trying to get a big deal so I understand. Only mistake was letting D. Jones go for Drummond, but most folks wanted that. Myself included. We were all wrong. Very wrong. :lol:

Talking about last season roster moves in hindsight over and over is silly anyway if AD doesn't get hurt in game 4, regardless of flaws, Lakers are back in the finals.

This year I think they are still the 3rd best team in the West no matter how bad they've looked thus far, but unless they get size on the perimeter they getting baked. Especially when Bron/AD go to the bench.

Man lebron is averaging 36 minutes & has only played half the games this season how exactly is he getting worn out? a majority of the games he has played came when we were quite literally missing half our rotation, which forced him to play more.

In regards to Ariza i don't see anything wrong with what Frank said, Ariza is probably going to see 15-20 minutes a game, those 15-20 coming at the expense of mostly DJ, AB, Baze. He has a specific skillset that can help the overall SYSTEM they are trying to run.

No different than a Battier in MIA, Korver/Deledove/TT in Cleveland, PJ Tucker for the Bucks etc etc. When dealing with such top heavy teams having guys who can effectively & routinely be counted on to do the small things is really important.
i guarandamntee you vogel will play ariza no less than 30 minutes a game when he comes back no matter how he looks.

I said this 2 years ago when they were trying to trade kuzma for bogdonavic but the kings were trying to offer bjelica instead.
This would have required some wisdom on the part of management. Too bad he didn’t have a big name and thus Rob prob doesn’t even know who he is.

I hear Kemba Walker is on the trading block. Let’s hope Rob doesn’t know who he is. When he finds out he’s a former all star, he’ll prob trade Nunn and Jordan for him

Just so we are clear, beacuse there seems to be some fundamental basketball 101 hang ups in here…

Wings: players that play on the perimeter, regardless of race, creed, color, height or religion

i.e. kevin durant is a wing player

Bigs: players that play on the low post, regardless of race, creed, color, height or religion.

i.e. charles barkley was a big/post player.

Just so we are clear, beacuse there seems to be some fundamental basketball 101 hang ups in here…

Wings: players that play on the perimeter, regardless of race, creed, color, height or religion

i.e. kevin durant is a wing player

Bigs: players that play on the low post, regardless of race, creed, color, height or religion.

i.e. charles barkley was a big/post player.
For me I look at who they can defend to determine player position.

Guards are mostly guys who can guard 1’s and 2’s.

Wings are the most versatile position in the league. Should ideally have the size and ability to defend 1-4.

Bigs guard other bigs

First year, I can't believe they surrounded Lebron & AD with no playmakers, average shooting & defense, the FO has no idea what they're doing.

Second Years Pelinka gets Gasol who's a stretch C, the #1 & #2 leaders in 6MOTY who can both create their own shot, Keeps Kuz, Caruso & KCP...... This team needs shooting badly, Lebron/AD have to create to much we need bigs who can catch lobs & protect the paint

Third year, trades for one of the higher usage players in the league & one of the better playmakers in NBA history, signed 5 guys who shot over 37 from three last year..... This team has no defense, we're too small, can't rebound

I've seen the FO turn this teams identity three separate times & some how they've been killed for it no matter the outcome. Dudes aren't satisfied unless we put together the WC AS roster
Some fans are just delusional and will never be happy. But at the end of the day I suppose we all root for the squad in our own individual ways, there is no right or wrong way to go about it.

If Lebron and AD gave their input on the roster, then obviously they want more offensive minded players to lighten some of the offensive burden that they've had to carry in the past couple of seasons. That totally makes sense, BUT if those two don't have to do as much on offense as they have in the past then they should be able to give a little more on the defensive end. Lebron gets a slight pass because of his age and minutes played, but if this team doesn't need AD to score 30-40 on occasion then he can step up his efforts elsewhere (especially on the defensive glass). That's not asking too much

Some fans are just delusional and will never be happy. But at the end of the day I suppose we all root for the squad in our own individual ways, there is no right or wrong way to go about it.

If Lebron and AD gave their input on the roster, then obviously they want more offensive minded players to lighten some of the offensive burden that they've had to carry in the past couple of seasons. That totally makes sense, BUT if those two don't have to do as much on offense as they have in the past then they should be able to give a little more on the defensive end. Lebron gets a slight pass because of his age and minutes played, but if this team doesn't need AD to score 30-40 on occasion then he can step up his efforts elsewhere (especially on the defensive glass). That's not asking too much
You rang?

Last edited:

Bingo. Those guys set the tone on defense the last 2 seasons so even when they were missing in the lineup we had an identity. Not so much this season due to a myriad of factors including personnel, effort, scheme and injuries.

Add to the the ineptitude of Vogel offensively since he's been here and you have a recipe for a mediocre start.

262436531_5339079096120571_4490266941252942968_n.jpg

In all honesty, I think the disconnect between how Vogel wants to run things and how management sees things and thus the type of personnel they get is what’s frustrating.

If Vogel is hell bent on running things his way, you gotta go in and give him his horses. If not then just get rid of him and get a coach that can coach these players.

It’s been a luxory having the ability to flip the switch the past 2 seasons….

ain’t no switch to flip this season:rofl:

not yet at least

Back
Top Bottom