**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Kawhi will be 31 next year? :wow:

With 11,000 points. Holy ****.

He woulda had a much simpler life if he just made the right decision. :smh:

It would have been very interesting to see how different our situation would be if we would have formed the big three of lebron/ad/leonard. I think we likely still win The 2020 title but seeing as both AD and Kawhi got injured in last year's playoffs, we would probably be in a very similar situation to where we're in now.

All that hyperbole they were spewin in the 3rd quarter. "His adjustments, adjusting, he adjusted"

Well, he musta took the 4th quarter off. :rofl:

****in clowns. 🤡

But it was Frank's fault Russ couldn't make his. :lol:
No it wasn’t but it was Frank’s fault he started DJ 23 games. And played bradley and Ariza as much as he did

If we use CPs logic here, pelinka shouldn’t be fired bc he had a championship team 2 seasons ago. What, did he forget how to GM all of a sudden? It’s not his fault Russ forgot how to make layups.

David Griffin was horrible past two years and now made a few moves that has NOLA looking like a nice up and coming team with lots of young players (and zions incoming).

So…keep management?

Art thou doing it correctly?

All that hyperbole they were spewin in the 3rd quarter. "His adjustments, adjusting, he adjusted"

Well, he musta took the 4th quarter off. :rofl:

****in clowns. 🤡

But it was Frank's fault Russ couldn't make his. :lol:

I mean, Lue still did an incredible coaching job this season and during this game. Kawhi Leonard missed the entire season and Paul George played half of the year yet they still finish about .500.

Even today, they find out that their best player can't go just hours before the game and they still fight valiantly. If this were the Lakers, we would have been down 30 at halftime

So rookie head coach Willie Green knocked out Pop and Super God Ty Lue without Zion.

Devastating to my case.......oh wait, no.

One thing I’ll never do is regret signing Vogel or making the AD trade

WE WON A TITLE FOLKS. THAT **** IS HARD. WE WON A TITLE. STOP BEING UNGRATEFUL.

CRITIQUE THE MOVES AFTER ALL YOU WANT THOUGH

It would have been very interesting to see how different our situation would be if we would have formed the big three of lebron/ad/leonard. I think we likely still win The 2020 title but seeing as both AD and Kawhi got injured in last year's playoffs, we would probably be in a very similar situation to where we're in now.

Well, obviously we'll never know, but do AD/Kawhi still get hurt playin in diff situations?

Butterfly effect we'll never know. But the theory was, more rest for all 3 of them with no real drop off. (Kawhi + AD is still perfect when Bron rests, Bron + Kawhi when AD rests, etc etc)

Oh well. Course, could go other way and they all get hurt in 2020 etc.

Well, obviously we'll never know, but do AD/Kawhi still get hurt playin in diff situations?

Butterfly effect we'll never know. But the theory was, more rest for all 3 of them with no real drop off. (Kawhi + AD is still perfect when Bron rests, Bron + Kawhi when AD rests, etc etc)

Oh well. Course, could go other way and they all get hurt in 2020 etc.
Wouldn’t matter without the right coach.

Lol

So rookie head coach Willie Green knocked out Pop and Super God Ty Lue without Zion.

Devastating to my case.......oh wait, no.

I will say this to you...

It is interesting that Pop really hasn't done crap since Timmy, Manu, Parker and Khawi....

But people talk about him like he walks on water.

Your point doesn't go unnoticed bro.

I will say this to you...

It is interesting that Pop really hasn't done crap since Timmy, Manu, Parker and Khawi....

Your point doesn't go unnoticed bro.

I......I.....don't, know what to say. I'm stunned. :lol:

I'll take it. 🤝

I......I.....don't, know what to say. I'm stunned. :lol:

I'll take it. 🤝

Lol bro...like I said...

Your point doesn't go unnoticed.

I don't 100% agree with everything you have said but some of what you have said is not that far off.

Historic moment in the thread. Agreements!!

6AA8F66F-E16A-4FC0-843C-0730337FB74A.png

The whole coaching argument in here is the dumbest thing ever

Obviously players win it for you most of the time. But coaching is also important. Not as important as health and talent. But to say it means nothing is idiotic. Why people cling to one side and hold on tight is pretty ridiculous.

Sports are the new politics I guess.

Kawhi will be 31 next year? :wow:

With 11,000 points. Holy ****.

He woulda had a much simpler life if he just made the right decision. :smh:
Granted Kawhi is much better, I don't know about Bron, AD, Kawhi, Kuz and the rest of the roster being minimums.

Granted Kawhi is much better, I don't know about Bron, AD, Kawhi, Kuz and the rest of the roster being minimums.

Still lookin at guys like Dwight, Javale, Rondo as chasers to start, right?

Caruso still a part? THT (tho way young/raw)

Dudley

Still lookin at guys like Dwight, Javale, Rondo as chasers to start, right?

Caruso still a part? THT (tho way young/raw)

Dudley
Rondo and Dudz,maybe Dwight because Boogie wouldn't have been available. Javale might leave for more money. Caruso was unrestricted, so he could have left too.

Rondo and Dudz,maybe Dwight because Boogie wouldn't have been available. Javale might leave for more money. Caruso was unrestricted, so he could have left too.

But there would have been chasers signin up for that trio. Not to mention the buy outs from that year.

Nah, dog. Absolute thinking would hold that he only succeeded w/ 4 HOFers. As Spurs GM, he fired the previous coach in 96 and made himself the coach. Champions in 99. And before any pompous, condescending armchair QB quips "Oh once they got Timmy, they were Champs? Hmm, INTERESTING":
- First off, it's to his credit that they got Timmy.
- No, it wasn't immediate.
- Other top players were drafted back then, too. KG was tearing the league up. No chips. Calipari tried to coach in Boston. Larry Bird never walked through the door. Shaq was, and I cannot overstate this, DOMINATING. No rings. 'Well yeah, because Bulls." Ummmm, it's not like KG & Shaq were in the Finals. Sure, Shaq was in 1, but the point remains: 'Get a top talent and win a championship' wasn't the reason for '99, because there was TONS of talent back then but only 3 champions. Pop was one of them.

Now, 'Get a good coach and win it all' is also not the reason for '99, before 4 HOFers.

A good coach... is PART... of the equation. Let buddy tell it, you could have coached the Bulls to 6. It's downright moronic to dismiss coaching as a critical component.

-foe

But there would have been chasers signin up for that trio. Not to mention the buy outs from that year.
Hm probably.

Only buy-outs that year were Kieff, Marvin Williams and Reggie Jackson, unless I'm forgetting someone.

Back
Top Bottom