**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

rqil8dpjrhu81.jpg

Let's be real here.

This is the NBA not high school, so starting or coming off the bench isn't really that big of a deal IMO... what really matters is total minutes played. Would you rather player X come off the bench but still play 32-36 minutes, or start him but only play him 20-25 minutes?

Last I heard Curry is on a minutes restriction. I don't know what he's limited to exactly, but let's say it's 28 minutes per game (7 min shifts)... so do you want him playing those minutes at the beginning or the end of the quarter is what it comes down to. I'd for sure want him in at the end of the 4th quarter, so he's going to start it on the bench...and now I probably don't want him sitting at the end of the third and beginning of the 4th so looks like I would have him off the bench in both halves.

I'm sure Kerr has either has buy-in from Curry or the cajones to make the call and Steph just has to deal with it...either way it's part of his duties as a coach to make that call.

Let's be real here.

This is the NBA not high school, so starting or coming off the bench isn't really that big of a deal IMO... what really matters is total minutes played. Would you rather player X come off the bench but still play 32-36 minutes, or start him but only play him 20-25 minutes?

Last I heard Curry is on a minutes restriction. I don't know what he's limited to exactly, but let's say it's 28 minutes per game (7 min shifts)... so do you want him playing those minutes at the beginning or the end of the quarter is what it comes down to. I'd for sure want him in at the end of the 4th quarter, so he's going to start it on the bench...and now I probably don't want him sitting at the end of the third and beginning of the 4th so looks like I would have him off the bench in both halves.

I'm sure Kerr has either has buy-in from Curry or the cajones to make the call and Steph just has to deal with it...either way it's part of his duties as a coach to make that call.
This. All.

And I'm sure Curry realizes it will prolong his career if this is a long-term move instead of a band-aid. The Warriors were exciting last night. He played 11 minutes less than his season average. Lead both teams in scoring. Hit five 3s on 50% (5-10 🔥 🥶). So 5 more 3s tacked onto his record, 34 more points on the all-time list (he's 51, behind... Joe Johnson? 🤔), and another fun Dubs playoff victory. I don't see him as the type to be like "That's all good, BuT i DiDn'T sTaRt."

Russy, though... 😕🤦‍♂️

-foe

This. All.

And I'm sure Curry realizes it will prolong his career if this is a long-term move instead of a band-aid. The Warriors were exciting last night. He played 11 minutes less than his season average. Lead both teams in scoring. Hit five 3s on 50% (5-10 🔥 🥶). So 5 more 3s tacked onto his record, 34 more points on the all-time list (he's 51, behind... Joe Johnson? 🤔), and another fun Dubs playoff victory. I don't see him as the type to be like "That's all good, BuT i DiDn'T sTaRt."

Russy, though... 😕🤦‍♂️

-foe
Imagine comparing a one dimensional small guard to the triple double machine that loves his kids.

The difference is Steph is coming off an injury and Russ has been healthy the whole season.

Steph isn't being benched for his poor play or inability to fit with the squad.

I feel yall, but completely different situation.

the amount of airballs westbrook threw up this year has to be a record right?

ive never in my entire life seen one player throw up that many air balls including lay ups in one season.

Let's be real here.

This. All.

Russy, though... 😕🤦‍♂️

-foe

100000% buy-in from Curry - the man just cares about the team winning overall. Massive confidence boost to players like Poole also and the opposing team is forced to make adjustments.

Denver really could've used Murray as the load's too much for Jokic to carry right now.

When Utah breaks the team up, how do I convince them to take Russ and whatever for Mitchell?

I'll hang up and listen.
Tell them we will also send the elite coaches of lakers past. luke, Scott, MDA, Vogel

While Mitchell or Dame would be dope, I think the right trade is a trade that brings depth without having to give up picks.

Mitchell or Dame force their way to LA, its going to cost picks. On top of that now we have 3 stars again and we will have a roster full of vet min guys...

We saw how that worked last year. Might be different because Mitchell and Dame are light years better than russ...

But we saw that a roster of AD and Bro with the right depth won a championship...

I think they get rid of Gobert and build around Mitchell with a new cast. Why would they want to trade a young all star like that?

Back
Top Bottom