**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Lol lol at “how many chips does Ballmer have”

No wonder people hate laker fans

Generational gets thrown around too much. Gobert is generational now?

Plenty of teams win titles without a generational rim protector. But how many win without players who can create their own shot?
Rudy is one of the best defenders of his generation so yeah.

Spider is a cool young player but he’s still an undersized chucking one dimensional 2 guard.

Signing a 38 year old to $50 M per year is not good business. No matter what his stats are at age 37.
Unless you like having 6-7 vet minimum players who can’t move getting significant minutes all season

This is the same org that signed Kobe to an extension after he tore his Achilles without seeing him play. Don't put it past them.

To be fair, there's a big difference between 38-year-old post Achilles Kobe and 38-year-old 30 point per game, early efficient scoring lebron. LeBron is still a top 10 player in the league. Frankly, it's a no brainer given our current situation. We can't trade LeBron unless he wants to be traded.

What will we do if he let LeBron walk? We would just be terrible for two seasons and hand our draft picks to New Orleans.

Lakers are such a disaster that even a fictitious show about their showtime era is starting to fall apart with fact checking. Lol

"Kareem won't talk to me so I'll just make everything up." That's lazy😂🤦🏾‍♂️

Not really. The book is very different from the show. The book is based on hundreds of interviews of people describing Kareem (professional and College teammates, reporters who interacted with him, news reports, etc). In the book he certainly wasn't making things up

In his tweet he admitted they are making isht up because it's tv and its "entertainment." Cap not talking to him back in the has absolutely nothing to do with why the show is full of BS. He whining because Cap thinks it's a boring show. Just cause he cool with McKay straying from the facts, and even straying from the book doesn't mean Cap has to be when his legacy is getting isht on every week so pearlman and McKay can cash a check. He talks about how much they researched for the show...why do that when 98% of the show is made up...you know for entertainment 😂🤦🏾‍♂️

I find it fascinating that people are giving the show such a hard time for being a historically accurate as opposed to other biopics or pieces of media based on real events.

No one is critiquing the Elizabeth Holmes show on Hulu for accuracy. No one is critiquing the wework show for accuracy, no one critiqued the Tommy Lee and Pamela Anderson miniseries for accuracy yet this show gets picked apart. Nobody's watched Friday Night Lights (the movie) and was like "well did this conversation happen this exact way?"

Saying either side is right or wrong but I do think it's fascinating that this show is getting flack for accuracy

Last edited:
The people with the most issues with the show are the people that actually lived the story 😂🤦🏾‍♂️. Pam and Tommy absolutely bashed the show, same way none of the Lakers are rocking with it and telling people to wait for the Magic doc and the 10 part doc coming out soon...we work and the dropout people want the publicity they are criminals they were scammers they obviously don't care about truth as long as their names are in the media they are good. That comparison is as lazy as Winning Time

In his tweet he admitted they are making isht up because it's tv and its "entertainment." Cap not talking to him back in the has absolutely nothing to do with why the show is full of BS. He whining because Cap thinks it's a boring show. Just cause he cool with McKay straying from the facts, and even straying from the book doesn't mean Cap has to be when his legacy is getting isht on every week so pearlman and McKay can cash a check. He talks about how much they researched for the show...why do that when 98% of the show is made up...you know for entertainment 😂🤦🏾‍♂️
To be fair to pearlman. They approached him and asked “hey we wanna make a show based on your book”

It won’t be 100 percent word for word but here’s a briefcase full of cash, that ok?

If you’ve ever read a book and gone ahead and watched a movie based on that book, you quickly realize they change a TON. Sometime literal endings to a story are changed.

The people with the most issues with the show are the people that actually lived the story 😂🤦🏾‍♂️. Pam and Tommy absolutely bashed the show, same way none of the Lakers are rocking with it and telling people to wait for the Magic doc and the 10 part doc coming out soon...we work and the dropout people want the publicity they are criminals they were scammers they obviously don't care about truth as long as their names are in the media they are good. That comparison is as lazy as Winning Time

Most people understand that anything made for television is a dramatization. If you want more facts, you can definitely read the book. It's much more thorough and has a pretty even depiction of Kareem and the other characters. This television show is meant for Mass appeal and has caricatures of individuals. I'm surprised that I have to explain this to you, I am assuming you are an adult who has consumed television and movies.

You ain't explaining isht you just typing just to type 😂 I'm surprised I have to explain that to you assuming you are an adult

You're mad that a television show isn't realistic. My guy, it's a fictional dramatization. I respect Kareem's opinions and frankly if I were in his spot I might feel the same way but at the end of the day we're talking about the TV show. What are we even arguing about?

Did you expect this television show to be 100% accurate? If you want accuracy, read the book. TV and movies do not accurately portray anything. I was an officer in the military and every military movie gets 1,000 things incorrect but because I am an adult I understand that these things are meant for entertainment so I'm able to enjoy it.

Reactions: DLF
We're not arguing I'm saying nobody actually involved with the real story gives this a pass. The "creators" aren't even trying they bought the rights to a book and threw it all out the window for the sake of "entertainment," so why would I waste my time... and you're just being a passive aggressive condescending **** head because I didn't agree with you or the "it's cool it's just a show" crowd. I'm surprised I'd have to explain that to an adult 😂

Back
Top Bottom