**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

We all love Kobe...

But it's interesting that Lebron is "wild" for saying he is disappointed and shouldn't have said anything, but I don't remember that same energy when this was said...

Agreed. Lebron can say what he wants. But some of the criticism of him is because he put us in this position with the Russ trade

Agreed. Lebron can say what he wants. But some of the criticism of him is because he put us in this position with the Russ trade

I don't disagree. I also place some of that on Rob as well.

Somebody had to know this was a horrible idea considering everyone (even NT) knew it was a horrible idea (except one NT user who will remain nameless).

Last edited:
He didn't orchestrate the Russ trade. Like a good teammate & franchise player, he spoke positively of it once it had already happened. It wasn't his doing. He just supported it.

I was so ready to move Kobe in 2007. :lol:

We should find that thread. We had Detroit package, Chicago package and the Phoenix package just from what I remember. 2008-09-10 Drafts woulda been wild times. :lol:

The Kobe trade thread and the Pau thread were legendary days on here.

We should find that thread. We had Detroit package, Chicago package and the Phoenix package just from what I remember. 2008-09-10 Drafts woulda been wild times. :lol:

Man...I remember those days well.

It's crazy but I'm coming up on damn near 20 years on NT. I joined in 2005 looking for the Jordan DMP release information...lol

Some of regulars in the thread have changed.

I think there was a Gilbert Arenas trade package that I was for. :rofl:

About two weeks ago, Russell Westbrook went to LeBron James' home and together they and Anthony Davis had a conversation about the All-Star guard joining James and Davis on the Lakers.

They talked about putting their egos aside and playing as one in their quest to bring the Lakers another NBA championship. Westbrook talked about how his only intention was winning and coming back home to Los Angeles to become a champion.

James and Davis talked about the two of them changing positions if that was best for the team — James moving from small forward to power forward and Davis from power forward to center.

Westbrook let James and Davis know he doesn't mind playing off the ball when James initiates the offense, something he did while playing alongside James Harden with the Houston Rockets.

This all sounds great on paper, and obviously, the players are going to believe in their ability to make it work. For good reason as well considering LeBron and Davis are two of the 10 best players in the league, and Westbrook is still an All-Star and a former MVP.

The Lakers are at their best when Davis plays center -- though to be honest he probably shouldn't spend too much time there during the regular season in order to keep him healthy for the playoffs -- and we saw Westbrook have success as an off-ball menace with the Rockets just a few years ago. This is one of the most talented trios in the league, so it won't be some sort of miracle if they're able to make things work.

At the same time, there are definitely some real questions. Assuming Westbrook will be off the ball most of the time when the big three are playing together, how does his lack of an outside shot affect the spacing around LeBron and Davis? How will the Lakers fill out the rest of their roster now that they have a whopping $110 million committed to just three players? If some of Westbrook's flaws start negatively impacting the team, how much patience will LeBron have in the experiment?

Regardless of the answers that we get to these questions, it's going to be super interesting to watch it all play out.

This was all before a trade ever went down. This and has been common knowledge. Which is just funny as hell how Bron is acting trying to wash his hands of the ordeal.

Man...I remember those days well.

It's crazy but I'm coming up on damn near 20 years on NT. I joined in 2005 looking for the Jordan DMP release information...lol

Some of regulars in the thread have changed.

French Blue, KB8, CaliWest, LTB, you, me, Ska, then all the anti Laker folks that were havin the time of their life, or were miserable (Pau day)

I think it was KB8 at the end of the day that was like "man, I need a cigarette" and I agreed, and I don't even smoke. :lol: Just an exhausting day, but the Dan Patrick interview with Kobe is where we once again had hope it could be fixed.

I wasn't. 👀😬

camron-dirtonyou.gif

OKC tomorrow...Not feeling good about it.

Hopefully those boys show up.

Also if Kyrie wanted to come here in the summertime, would it have to be an S&T? I know we will have cap space but obviously our cap space is complicated because of the Rui deal.

OKC tomorrow...Not feeling good about it.

Hopefully those boys show up.

Also if Kyrie wanted to come here in the summertime, would it have to be an S&T? I know we will have cap space but obviously our cap space is complicated because of the Rui deal.

Rui would have to be recounced and we'd only be able to offer 33.5 mil in the first year so to get him his max it'd have to be a S&T with Dallas which if it implodes they could do or just let him walk.

Good times… man time flies. I joint NT freshman year of college. Yeeeeesh I’m old.

Same here. Was in my school library searching up how to buy the Jordan V retros that just dropped in 2000. Found this site and ShoeTrends and InStyleShoes :lol:

The best was the Antoine Walker memes :lol:

About two weeks ago, Russell Westbrook went to LeBron James' home and together they and Anthony Davis had a conversation about the All-Star guard joining James and Davis on the Lakers.

They talked about putting their egos aside and playing as one in their quest to bring the Lakers another NBA championship. Westbrook talked about how his only intention was winning and coming back home to Los Angeles to become a champion.

James and Davis talked about the two of them changing positions if that was best for the team — James moving from small forward to power forward and Davis from power forward to center.

Westbrook let James and Davis know he doesn't mind playing off the ball when James initiates the offense, something he did while playing alongside James Harden with the Houston Rockets.

This all sounds great on paper, and obviously, the players are going to believe in their ability to make it work. For good reason as well considering LeBron and Davis are two of the 10 best players in the league, and Westbrook is still an All-Star and a former MVP.

The Lakers are at their best when Davis plays center -- though to be honest he probably shouldn't spend too much time there during the regular season in order to keep him healthy for the playoffs -- and we saw Westbrook have success as an off-ball menace with the Rockets just a few years ago. This is one of the most talented trios in the league, so it won't be some sort of miracle if they're able to make things work.

At the same time, there are definitely some real questions. Assuming Westbrook will be off the ball most of the time when the big three are playing together, how does his lack of an outside shot affect the spacing around LeBron and Davis? How will the Lakers fill out the rest of their roster now that they have a whopping $110 million committed to just three players? If some of Westbrook's flaws start negatively impacting the team, how much patience will LeBron have in the experiment?

Regardless of the answers that we get to these questions, it's going to be super interesting to watch it all play out.

This was all before a trade ever went down. This and has been common knowledge. Which is just funny as hell how Bron is acting trying to wash his hands of the ordeal.
My bad. You've posted that before.

So Bron supported it beforehand. Still management that did it.

My bad. You've posted that before.

So Bron supported it beforehand. Still management that did it.

Support? Nah he pushed for it. Rob and co had the Buddy trade lined up and then pivoted to Russ. Bron pushed for AD as well before, he clearly has a heavy influence in the decision making, but at some point enough is enough. They were going to do it again this time with Kyrie mortgaging what's left of the future to go and get him again at Bron's behest. It didn't work out this time.

Rui would have to be recounced and we'd only be able to offer 33.5 mil in the first year so to get him his max it'd have to be a S&T with Dallas which if it implodes they could do or just let him walk.
Can’t bc we would be hardcapped with lebron and ad plus 33 mill for kyrie.

Back
Top Bottom