**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Bron and AD played 55 and 56 games last year. No reason for me to think as they get a year older, they'll play more. I'm expecting 60+ (between both of them) of games of injury/rest where those front court spot are available for others to step into.

36d3ac1baebe2ab9a5ec7109f60e08fa.jpg

Vando odd man out at the forward position. But what's good about having Vando is his versatility to be able to defend guards.

Lalers are so versatile they could play an ultra big lineup with all kinds of length and could look like

Reaves
Vando
Bron
AD
Hayes

Or

Vincent/DLo
Vando
Prince
Rui
AD

Reminding us that the dynasties of the Lakers and Bulls never failed to go big/long no matter how legendary their star guards were.

circa '87 before Pippen took over for Sellers
Screenshot_20230731_145715_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230731_145755_YouTube.jpg

Let's add some of the previous Laker title teams for good measure

McGee 7'0"
AD 6'10"
Bron 6'8"
Green 6'6"
Rondo 6'3" / KCP 6'5"
mcgee played zero minutes in the 2020 nba finals

mcgee played zero minutes in the 2020 nba finals
McGee started at C throughout the season and in the playoffs and no matter what your point is, DWIGHT HOWARD still started at Center in the Finals NOT AD so here you go, eat your heart out

Dwight 6'10"
AD 6'10"
Bron 6'8"
Green 6'6"
KCP 6'5"

#BIGLineupsWINChampionships :lol:

Y'all know I always been right about LAL not winning jack xxxx since AD moved to C 90% of the time.

Even when Pelinka himself says AD finna play PF this year, y'all still think AD can win a chip being a center 🤣

#ifitsbrokendontfixit lol
#keepignoringTheTruthboys

Last edited:
Incredibly dumb to not start D’lo. Need his shooting to counter ad and lebron

He’s been on the same time for years and y’all still be engaging :lol:
he has adapted over the years. it use to be all about TRADITIONAL bigs and he would scoff at stretch bigs. but now since the traditional big is all but instinct in todays nba hes grown to include anybody whos 6 foot 8 or taller who can rebound and labeling them an "impact" big

him calling jackson hayes an impact big off the bat when hes never really seen him play is ******* hilarious tho 🤣

he has adapted over the years. it use to be all about TRADITIONAL bigs and he would scoff at stretch bigs. but now since the traditional big is all but instinct in todays nba hes grown to include anybody whos 6 foot 8 or taller who can rebound and labeling them an "impact" big

him calling jackson hayes an impact big off the bat when hes never really seen him play is ****ing hilarious tho 🤣
Show me a receipt where I called Hayes an "impact big."

I'm waiting.

The truth is, I fully expect Hayes to play better in LA than he did at NO because he is surrounded by a much better coaching staff and core group of guys. So yes, I do expect him to make an impact and so do the Lakers, which is why there are already rumors he may start at C.

Come midseason though, you may be hearing me utter the words "Jackson Hayes, impact big man" :lol:

Last edited:
I remember Rob saying the exact same thing when they signed Deandre
He probably was thinking the exact same thing with the Marc Gasol and Drummond acquisitions too. Point is, Rob always knew the formula. Last year they experimented with AD at C 90% of the time and then realized it wasn't good enough to win it all. So now they going Big once again.

"In Rob we trust"

1 title in just 6 years. And counting....

Neither way is wrong, but when it comes to business and winning titles, I like Kobe's way better.

The other way, there will be someone who takes it for granted and will fall off and not take it as serious as they should since the leader so lax.

Back
Top Bottom