**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Ive seen every game so far and each one i notice improvement..execution and defense...a lot of work to do but i cant wait to see us by all star break

I love all of this...

But it's so early.

Can we sustain this?
In terms of win/loss, who knows. But I think most of us thought we would be competitive in most games. 

Good point I heard on the dunc'd on podcast, we're giving up a ton of open 3s that just haven't been falling (thanks Warriors) so that is likely to change.

Also Randle has also been shooting the lights out, so let's see if that continues.

On the other hand Russell's shooting has been terrible so that should get better and Ingram will continue to improve. 

This next stretch of games will be big. I thought they could reach 30-35 wins but now 40 is actually within reach. Crazy.

Crazy but on the post game show last night they said the Lakers haven't had a 3 game winning streak since the 2011 season :lol:

Wow what Luke and his coaching staff has been able to do in a short time already.

Also last night I loved what I saw in D'Lo last night. What I mean is homeboy had a terrible shooting night and sat most of the 4th. But he came through with the right decisions with his assist to Uncle P for the 4 point play and also nailed a clutch 3 at the end.

People a lot of times look to much into a players stats and watch just the highlights of games and don't see the full game to see how a player really is playing.

Last edited:
Man, Luke is a great coach.

He's maximizing what he has and getting the most out of his players.

The Bench Mob has been the most impressive- probably the last 4 seasons we'd have 6 minute droughts when the starters were out and no offense was going. Now leading the league in points.

Ingram, Clarkson and Lou Will could be starting but are flourishing off the bench and also getting crunch time minutes.

Tarik and Thomas Robinson are great energy guys- do the dirty work- blow layups but they're great hustle guys.

Deng has been a lost man out there, but I think he's not a big ego guy so not playing down the stretch and if the team's winning- he's okay with that.

Crazy but on the post game show last night they said the Lakers haven't had a 3 game winning streak since the 2011 season :lol:
3 game home winning streak but even then, it was back when MDA was coach

They also had a 3 game winning streak last year

Last edited:
You guys need to relax & chill with Deng.

Dude was injured most of training camp and didn't practice or see to much playing time.

His last 2 games were decent.

But yeah dude will be hated on because of the contract he got last summer. Same thing happened when Luke was playing and got the mid level exception money contract for 5 years :lol:

It is what it is and a lot of role players got some funny money. At the same time though Mitch tried to and offered Baze a max contract but he passed because he was butt hurt over them not picking up his $1.1 million qualifying offer a few years ago.

Last edited:
Any idea if those Hardwood Classics uniforms from Friday are gonna release soon? 
nerd.gif

You guys need to relax & chill with Deng.

Dude was injured most of training camp and didn't practice or see to much playing time.

His last 2 games were decent.

But yeah dude will be hated on because of the contract he got last summer. Same thing happened when Luke was playing and got the mid level exception money contract for 5 years :lol:

It is what it is and a lot of role players got some funny money. At the same time though Mitch tried to and offered Baze a max contract but he passed because he was butt hurt over them not picking up his $1.1 million qualifying offer a few years ago.

Idk man. He looks awful on offense and is no longer a lockdown defender. Above average defender, but not elite. Yea yea he might bring leadership for the kids and show them how to be a pro, but that's worth nowhere near $72 mil. And now he's trying to create for himself on offense :x

Idk man. He looks awful on offense and is no longer a lockdown defender. Above average defender, but not elite. Yea yea he might bring leadership for the kids and show them how to be a pro, but that's worth nowhere near $72 mil. And now he's trying to create for himself on offense
sick.gif
It was always about the years with both he and Moz, I thought that Moz would be the one washed though. It's almost worst that Deng is this bad he's even less movable because of age and attrition. 

Last edited:
Once Deng moves to the bench he'll be solid. He hasn't even been that bad honestly, just inconsistent. As horrific as he is creating for himself he does a decent job creating for others

Back
Top Bottom