**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

wanted julius to get his double double but he was shooting like ****. he led the team in assists though

need swaggy to lead this team to a championship for the war zone this thread would turn into.

deng is garbage man. expected more from him. dude needs to get right.

Trading away probably your two most productive players for picks is tanking no matter how you slice it

We aren't trading our two most productive players, we'd be trading Nick and Lou.

It wouldn't be tanking. Plenty of depth still on the roster. And real coaching to boot.

^Basically.

You also likely keep one anyway this season (Lou) and move him next year.

Trade Nick...

Lou, Clarkson, DLo, Ingram Deng and Calderon cover the minutes.

Even if you kept Swaggy.... His minutes eventually decrease as Ingram's minutes increase.

Also a trade for Nick wouldn't even happen for 2-3 months any way.

Your PG & SG minutes
Russell (30)
Clarkson (28)
Lou Williams (24)
Calderon (12)
Ingram (4)

SF minutes
Deng (25)
Ingram (23)

Too early for trade talk, honestly. Come January we can revisit and see where the team is at and how the players maintain their play. Right now the team is developing confidence and that's happening with significant contributions from both Lou and Nick Young.

And if the team remains competitive leading up to the deadline there's a 0% chance they get traded.

The point to all of it is quite simple.

Today, this team is not winning a championship. So why beg and plead to hang on to two guys who won't help you win a title?

The young core can develop in time, to help deepen that possibility, you move short term pieces (Nick, Lou, Calderon) to add more talent/assets for when you are a championship contender.

When you are a title contender, you buy up talent.
When you are not, you sell off short term parts.

Sadly, Mitch has never been good at that and it has hurt us. I hope he starts to improve that aspect and deal 1-2 of them at least.

He has the proof now that the kids are growing rapidly, Luke is truly helping, so be forward thinking and help open their window a little wider for when they are truly ready.

Harder to do when Nick/Lou aren't playing well and their value is down. Them playing well increases their value, strike while the iron is hot.

Secondary benefit is merely more minutes for the young core. Which is not a bad thing either.

No need to mess with the team chemistry right now.

Only players that Mitch should be looking to trade are: Calderon & Yi Jianlian.

They aren't getting any playing time right now and have expiring contracts teams will want.

Think about this..the front office got nothing for pau or dwight but they got Larry Nance for Sergei Lishchuk. Past 3 years the Lakers bought a 46th pick that became Jordan clarkson, traded god knows who for Jeremy Lin and a pick that became larry nance and then traded god knows who else for Calderon and 2 more second round picks.

Mitch and the gang understand the value of late picks. They're not hard to get. That's why it makes no sense to hoarder picks like ainge like it's the end of the world when the Lakers just get a handful out the bargain bin at the last second every year. They're not going to trade players that actually contribute in the middle of the season for a pick that cost pennies on the dollar. It's not how they work. They're dumpster divers, been that way for years

Trade talk in November?!
After only winning a few games?!
After a 17 win season?! :lol: jeeeeeeeebuuuuuus lol

How about we just appreciate us not looking like fools for more than 2 weeks and actually appreciate how Nick & Lou are playing and just be fans for once in awhile instead of mini gm's lol

It's ok to just live in the moment every now n again :lol:
Especially all the hell we've been going through these past few years.

I'm hearing about tanking, draft picks, trade talk and elaborate contract money breakdowns ...good gawd :lol:.
Can we at least hold this off until after the all-star break lol

A refresher of the crux to my argument

Let me be a downer..

As great as Lou & Nick have played, definitely been major assets to all 5 wins.... You have to trade one of them during this season.

They are not long term solutions. Think of it this way, after this season with Nick when he opts out, or Lou after next season...

Do you believe the Lakers should give either one of them a 3 year deal at $12mil per? Regardless of how they've played, especially when we are missing the IT factor as a playoff team.

I even said only 1 of them too.

Basically because we SHOULDN'T keep them here long term, and because of that you eventually SHOULD move them.

Hell I didn't even say right now either.

I'm picturing him watching the games perplexed night after night wondering why Yi hasn't made an appearance in a game yet and why he doesn't appear to be sitting on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom