**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I'm not sure what Puke is thinking inserting Calderon ahead of Lou.

Edit:

Maybe he plans on benching D'Lo the rest of the game, so he wants Lou to play the entire fourth if they make the game competitive?

Last edited:
Puke has to take one for the team and call out the refs tonight. What a terribly, one sided officiated game.

Can't believe they let Wigging shoot that many freethrows. Not upset maybe it makes a difference maybe it doesn't but there were a few calls that had me wondering if the refs could see.

Areas of concern:

Defense gives up the fifth most FGA at/near the rim per game (33.1)
Worst rim protection in the league (65.1%)
Defense gives up the third highest points in the paint per game (49.5)
Fifth highest turnover rate (16.9%)
Seven highest fouls committed per game (22.5)
Eighth highest free throws shot against per game (26)

I'm not sure they can fix the rim protection issues, but if they can clean up the turnovers and fouling I think they can be good.

11 games through the season and were 6-5, last year what 1-10?

interesting stuff- maybe we've played more games then everyone

-2nd in pts scored by 1 point.
-5th in 3pt FGs made right behind golden state.

I know it's early but they're averaging 108 points a game vs. 97.8 games in Byron Hero Ball.

Ingram is looking good out there- that high release- and he's good at finishing around the basket.

seeing how lavine sat, i thought we had a chance at stealing the game. 

too many turnovers, sign of a young team 

the team showed they could get back into it going into the 4th but gettng to the penalty hurt them

moz got into bad foul trouble by half

wiggins exposed our wings bad, whether it was young, clarkson, dlo whoever got put on him

Phil:
JM: You have an opt-out clause in your contract after this season. Do you plan to exercise it?

PJ: I have not entertained that. I'm looking for this Knicks team to get back into a situation where they are competitive. Do I have to win a championship before I feel I've done the job I've been asked to do, which is to bring this group back to that competitive level? No, I don't. We're starting to make progress. I like a lot of the things we are doing here. But we've got more to do.

JM: Lakers executive vice president of basketball operations Jim Buss said if the Lakers didn't make it to the Western Conference finals by 2017, he would step down. It's unlikely the Lakers will meet that goal. Why not go back and run your old team?

PJ: They're moving forward in the right direction. Luke (Walton) has them engaged, Brian (Shaw) is an associate head coach; they have a core group of guys that will get it done. It was never important to me to go back and be a part of that. Especially not now. I have this job, this commitment.

JM: Then why bother to include the opt-out clause?

PJ: The real issue with the opt out was simply my rationale regarding the (potential) lockout. If it was going to happen in December and everybody chose to walk away, there was no way I was going to sit in New York for three, four months when I didn't have a job, because (the players) aren't even allowed to show up to work. So, in that case, I would go back to L.A.

JM: You are in a bi-coastal relationship with Lakers president and part-owner Jeanie Buss. How difficult has it been to be apart?

PJ: It's hard. Very hard. It's hard to keep a house out there. I've got eight grandchildren in the Bay Area. FaceTime has really helped me.

JM: So where's home?

PJ: My accountant tells me I can't be a California resident anymore. I spend too much of my time in New York.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...new-york-knicks-president-phil-jackson-qa-nba

Sacramento is about to lose a lot more games over the next few weeks. What's is going to take to get Boogie?

Russell, Mozgov, Lou, Nance for Boogie and Gay?

We would have a core of Boogie, Randle, Ingram and JC.

If he becomes available you better believe Mitch and Vlade will be talking.

Edit: Realistically they'll want Randle, Russel and Nance at least. I'd say no to that

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom