**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I don't think you watched Lonzo at college, he may not be the speediest guy on the court but he has a quick first step and is able to use his legs to make long strides for a layup, which is something DLo struggles with the most.

I only watched 4 games but it was enough to show That he has obvious struggles beating people off the dribble

I don't think you watched Lonzo at college, he may not be the speediest guy on the court but he has a quick first step and is able to use his legs to make long strides for a layup, which is something DLo struggles with the most.

I only watched 4 games but it was enough to show That he has obvious struggles beating people off the dribble
And yet he still has better driving ability than DLo

While this is very true he can learn some moves to take guards/bigs off the dribble

Lonzo is really smart and knows when to attack

For example if you look at the Oregon highlights above my post from eddie ffwd to :15 seconds

Lonzo notices the oregon defenders feet are out of position (not square to the defender) so Lonzo utilizes a low and tight crossover to attack his top foot and is able to break him down

Lonzo can also develop a solid inside out dribble as well as an array of other moves to beat people off the dribble

plus if he becomes a major threat from outside he can learn that borderline illegal mid dribble pump that IT and Steph use lmao

Last edited:
Magic was looking for shooters right? While saving cap for 18, yes? Couldn't get a meeting with Reddick? Sitting out free agency because nobody is switching teams?

'Be consistent'

His hustle and energy will be missed as well as this:

Tarik-Black-John-Black.jpg

Y'all miss all the players that were waived the last couple days? It's what happens this time of year

Teams don't want to absorb contracts until they weigh their options in free agency

I come here every few days to catch up since it's super busy here overseas...

8 pages and all I learned is Tarik is gone...hate to see him go.

This D.Lo nonsense....

I pray the season thread isn't riddled with D.lo mentions everytime he has a good game...

But I'm sure it will be...yikes.

Last edited:

8 pages and all I learned is Tarik is gone...hate to see hin go.

This D.Lo nonsense....

I pray the season thread isn't riddled with D.lo mentions everytime he has a good game...

I'm sure they can make a Nets thread...

I hope so.

I liked D.Lo. I did. Even had a D.lo...jersey.

But he is gone. I gotta take it to a tailor...see if I can get the numbers and letters removed and turn it into a ball jersey.

Last edited:
And now it looks like we're gonna a strike out on korver as well.

Nick young anyone?

dawg, i know you're trying hard to disparage Magic and Rob. This next season is just gonna be whatever......just let BI and Lonzo gel and grow together. Let Randle and Nance and Zu and the rooks keep getting better. Then next summer is the big splash. Who cares about "striking out" on Korver or not meeting Reddick.

I'd rather we don't make the same mistake Mitch/Jim made with the Moz and Deng deals after years of telling fans about how we have to wait for Kobe to come off the books and handing out 1-year deals to preserve cap space.....then give it all up to Moz and Deng.

At least this regime is going after realistic targets, have a nice young core, just had a great draft, and got rid of a bad contract.

Edit: And maybe, just maybe, with Magic and Rob's connections to players and agents, they have their plan in place because they have a good sense of players that want to come here next summer.

Last edited:

8 pages and all I learned is Tarik is gone...hate to see him go.

This D.Lo nonsense....

Yep, and expect a lot of them.

Dudes in here seem to forget those games where d lo would hit like 3 threes in a couple min...dude is going to be a problem.

dawg, i know you're trying hard to disparage Magic and Rob. This next season is just gonna be whatever......just let BI and Lonzo gel and grow together. Let Randle and Nance and Zu and the rooks keep getting better. Then next summer is the big splash. Who cares about "striking out" on Korver or not meeting Reddick.

I'd rather we don't make the same mistake Mitch/Jim made with the Moz and Deng deals after years of telling fans about how we have to wait for Kobe to come off the books and handing out 1-year deals to preserve cap space.....then give it all up to Moz and Deng.

At least this regime is going after realistic targets, have a nice young core, just had a great draft, and got rid of a bad contract.

You are right, the lebron James and Russell Westbrooks of the world are realistic targets. This front office is doing the same damn thing as the last one. Chasing the big fish and in 2 years when they are on the hot seat they will probably hand out some **** contracts.

Last edited:
And when they actually land big fish you're going to disappear I hope right?

Back
Top Bottom