**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

[thread="654452"]2017 Lakers Season Thread 11 21 Lolakers Byke/5490#post_27220003​[/thread]
Yeah I can agree he has been just decent so far, nothing spectacular

Funny how he's still the best PG of 2015 draft though
laugh.gif
Then again, the 2015 draft was pretty weak imo
laugh.gif

for a "weak" draft, we did alright at No.2.
Yeah we did "alright," which basically describes DLo's game to the T - alright. Aka average, aka mediocre.  
laugh.gif

I just checked, .375% on 6 attempts a game. That's pretty good at 28, much less 20.

And per 36 minutes he's a shade away from 20/5/6 a night. At 20. And we're upset about this?!?!?!?!?!?

Sheesh.

It's a shame his own coach who sees him play and practice everyday won't play him 36 minutes

I wonder why. If he's so good he should be on the bench less

There isn't a single Laker getting 36 a night fam.....

D'Lo's shooting slump has hurt the last few games, so presumably his 3PT% has declined down to 35ish%.

Narratives are a funny thing.

Do you ever hear someone say "wow, ever since Charlie turned 25 he's become so competitive ". :lol:

No, it's always "he's been like that since he was little"

Exactly.

Kwame Brown, J.R. Reid, Michael Olowokandi, Big Country Reeves, Jonny Flynn, Adam Morrison, Greg Oden, Antonio Daniels, Marcus Banks, Bryce Drew, Randy Woods, Bo Kimble, Harold Miner, William Avery, Mateen Cleaves, Darko Milicic, etc etc.
View media item 2278140
How does this correlate to DLo?

So Kobe and Jordan were killin dudes at 20, like they did at 27? :nerd:

At 27 they were killing dudes with glares, with words, just bein on the court.
They ain't have that at 20. They were kids, tryin their ***** off, but not scarin nobody. Fought hard, but intimidating, dogging people down? No way.

Russ balls hard. He ain't scare nobody at 20. He just ran fast. Same with Steph, KD, Harden, etc.

Can DLo put more effort at 20? Sure, absolutely. Absolutely.
But does it mean automatically he won't when he's 27? No, not at all. That will come.

I get all that. I've yet to see him sprint back after a careless turnover. Just one time run hard on defense. Just once show us how bad you want to be great or how bad U want to win

I that that was his career numbers maybe.

That's probably it.

I'm not worried about his teen year.

He clearly has improved year 2, and his % is really good. And he can still get better, meaning we could see 38-39% on 7-8 three's a night someday. And that's not being greedy.

If I went greedy we could see 42-43% on 8-9 attempts a game.

I wouldn't call him a good shooter though at this juncture, I think the only area on the floor according to that Lowe article that he's even been above average is spot up situations. Everything else is average to below average I think.

Looking at the numbers he's stayed the same at the rim, slight uptick in 3 point % compared to last year, but his midrange has taken a pretty big dip from last season so far.

Last edited:

[thread="654452"]​[/thread]

Funny how he's still the best PG of 2015 draft though :lol:

:lol:

Yeah we did "alright," which basically describes DLo's game to the T - alright. Aka average, aka mediocre.  :lol:
When did average ever become mediocre?
:rofl:
jeezus
You're giving two different qualities on your overall perception of DLo.

So Kobe and Jordan were killin dudes at 20, like they did at 27? :nerd:

They ain't have that at 20. They were kids, tryin their ***** off, but not scarin nobody. Fought hard, but intimidating, dogging people down? No way.

Russ balls hard. He ain't scare nobody at 20. He just ran fast. Same with Steph, KD, Harden, etc.

But does it mean automatically he won't when he's 27? No, not at all. That will come.

I get all that. I've yet to see him sprint back after a careless turnover. Just one time run hard on defense. Just once show us how bad you want to be great or how bad U want to win

Luke says he studies film a ton and works on his game non-stop. How it translates may take more time, but him wanting to be great isn't an issue, to me at least. (Unless Luke Lyin to us)

Last edited:

Do you ever hear someone say "wow, ever since Charlie turned 25 he's become so competitive ".
laugh.gif

If you're a true competitor who hates to lose you sprint hard on D, run out ground balls to first base etc
So Kobe and Jordan were killin dudes at 20, like they did at 27?
nerd.gif

LOL...Jordan was turning the nation upside its head at 21, I'm sure you remember. Kobe was wowing GM's all over the country with his maturity, skills, and drive at the ripe age of 17 during pre-draft workouts and one-on-one interviews. I'm sure you can remember.

For you to claim "they ain't have that at 20" is completely ludicrous. You obviously never watched Jordan in college and clearly never watched Kobe play in the SPL at age 17. 

Russ don't ball hard. The only thing that clown goes hard at is determining which hairstyle, sneaker, and fit he gonna rock next game.

If DLol had the toughness anywhere close to what Kobe had at 17 and what Jordan had at 20, you'd be seeing a much different DLo on the court. I guarantee you that. 

And trust me, ain't anyone EVER gonna say DLo strikes fear into the heart of his opponents. Ever.

Do you ever hear someone say "wow, ever since Charlie turned 25 he's become so competitive ".
laugh.gif

Exactly.

Kwame Brown, J.R. Reid, Michael Olowokandi, Big Country Reeves, Jonny Flynn, Adam Morrison, Greg Oden, Antonio Daniels, Marcus Banks, Bryce Drew, Randy Woods, Bo Kimble, Harold Miner, William Avery, Mateen Cleaves, Darko Milicic, etc etc.

Let me shed some light since you may not be familiar with all of the players on that list - DRAFT BUSTS.

Do you ever hear someone say "wow, ever since Charlie turned 25 he's become so competitive ". :lol:

Exactly.

View media item 2278140

Let me shed some light since you may not be familiar with all of the players on that list - DRAFT BUSTS.
Oh look another hot take

[thread="654452"]2017 Lakers Season Thread 11 21 Lolakers Byke/5490#post_27220003​[/thread]

Funny how he's still the best PG of 2015 draft though
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah we did "alright," which basically describes DLo's game to the T - alright. Aka average, aka mediocre.  
laugh.gif
When did average ever become mediocre?
roll.gif

jeezus
You're giving two different qualities on your overall perception of DLo.
Average for sure. Mediocre means "of moderate quality; not very good"...in other words average. Average, btw, is a synonym for mediocre.

So Kobe and Jordan were killin dudes at 20, like they did at 27?
nerd.gif

Luke says he studies film a ton and works on his game non-stop. How it translates may take more time, but him wanting to be great isn't an issue, to me at least. (Unless Luke Lyin to us)
Of course Luke has to say all of those things. Otherwise, if he didn't there'd be nothing positive left to say about him since his game isn't all that great. Luke gotta keep others thinking that DLo doing all the right things because if he don't, no other GM gonna want to acquire him in a trade lol

And the Breakfast Club stories and videos of working out all summer were fictional too, I suppose.

And the Breakfast Club stories and videos of working out all summer were fictional too, I suppose.
Those were all true. Too bad it hasn't translated to overall success on the court against legit NBA competition. By all means, DLo can still prove me wrong.

Those were all true. Too bad it hasn't translated to overall success on the court against legit NBA competition. By all means, DLo can still prove me wrong.
I disagree.

20 year old, hovered above league average in PER most of the season (probably right at league average now thanks to the last 2-3 games) and top 20 at his position in RPM. Nice uptick from his rookie season and shows development.

Of course Luke has to say all of those things. Otherwise, if he didn't there'd be nothing positive left to say about him since his game isn't all that great. Luke gotta keep others thinking that DLo doing all the right things because if he don't, no other GM gonna want to acquire him in a trade lol

So youre telling us that he's just saying that just cause he has to??

Some nice words from David Locke:

@Lockedonsports Lakers have some pieces. Brandon Ingram is the next Giannis. Randle will be a factor. Best I've ever seen Randle, figuring it out
Julius Randle was outstanding. He attacked Gobert late in the game, going right into his body, and was able to score. Randle’s work on the glass dominated the first half. He has the ability to handle and play make a little. He looks much improved in what is turning out to be a questionable draft.
http://www.1280thezone.com/emptying-the-noggin-ingles-and-a-brilliant-gordon-win-it-for-utah/

So youre telling us that he's just saying that just cause he has to??

Yes he is telling us that.

Because he knows EXACTLY what Luke is thinking.

He can also see into the future.

He always could.

You also are what you are at 19/20.

No player EVER got better with age and the draft busts posted prove that.

Don't look at other players who improved the longer they played because they were what they were when they came in the leauge.

(Sarcasm)

Last edited:
The game seems to be slowing down for Julius since baby Julius arrived tho...

I saw a Conley reference earlier. The thing is, Conley had the tools to develop into a solid player on both ends of the floor. Where he was raw fundamentally earlier in his career the guy had world class speed, agility, and quickness....

The problem with D'Angelo is he is simply a below average athlete which makes him inaffective on both ends of the floor. A point guard that can't get into the paint is mind blowing brah...

maybe they aren't developing him in other areas such as him playing from the elbow down with his back to the basket. But other than that and pick and roll I just don't see him being that effective offensively with the ball in his hand

Being able to run off screens, spot up, run pick and roll and post up is good in my book.

Back
Top Bottom