**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Das cap g. Actually in the half court Zo is more suited to be a SG. He performed about average in shooting (when accounting for openness and difficulty of shots) compared to other guards, his finishing improved drastically and he was above average there. He is excellent at cutting/off ball movement (under utilized in Luke’s schemes).

Data suggests he should do a lot more cutting and coming off screens (like how he was utilized at UCLA). Where he struggles is PnR which would be the primary duties of Kyrie

fayetnam fayetnam are you back on the sauce? You're making Zo sound like he's Klay Thompson out here :rofl:. When Zo isn't running the offense, he just stands in the corner and his man leaves him open because they know he can't shoot.

fayetnam fayetnam are you back on the sauce? You're making Zo sound like he's Klay Thompson out here :rofl:. When Zo isn't running the offense, he just stands in the corner and his man leaves him open because they know he can't shoot.
Lmaooo I had to kick the bottle I was gainin too much weight tbh especially with summer comin up tbh .. we back on in winter tho

Lmao I mean u ain’t wrong.. but that was luke trash *** mishandling Zo and makin him stand around. Based on his stats he should be utilized in SG play types. With natural progression and a full offseason he could be productive in a sg role if he improves his shooting. Here some insight

do the lakers even realize they have just hired a head coach whos name is literally BIRD?!?!
and they dont think thats a bad omen? ^^

source.gif

Vogel and Kidd
What a dynamic coaching powerhouse.

I’m more interested in the draft, free agency and how the young core develops this offseason

Still team #tradeBron

It's even more apparent now that they're seemingly going the developmental route with Kidd basically being the head coach in waiting. Trade him for 3 draft picks and an all star.

The toxicity of the org will definitley protect Bron if he/they can't lure a big free agent.

Reactions: DLF
Yep. The narrative in 5 years will be “of course he didn’t win in LA. how you expect Lebron to win a chip in LA when the organization was a dumpster fire?”

According to who?

Come on bro, we all know you hate LeBron but at least try and be objective for a moment. This organization has made every possible wrong move since signing LeBron James. Our president of basketball operations quit on the spot without telling the owner, we botched the coaching search and you're trying to force assistance on coaches and we're not even really sure who's running the organization right now. I wouldn't care if LeBron James or Michael Jordan in his prime is on the team, I wouldn't sign up to be a part of that organization long-term. If we do land a big name free agent it'll be a miracle.

I'm sure you're going to blame LeBron regardless though. :lol:

Ya'll just all over the place.

This is why I'm wondering what the Lebron haters think about passing Lue cuz ya'll shouldn't complain at all about that cuz if Lebron is this horrible decision maker that has ruined the franchise it should be a good thing to pass on Lue right?

Then ya'll want to trade Lebron. :lol:

And when you don't get a superstar back ya'll will be protesting about that too.

Come on bro, we all know you hate LeBron but at least try and be objective for a moment. This organization has made every possible wrong move since signing LeBron James. Our president of basketball operations quit on the spot without telling the owner, we botched the coaching search and you're trying to force assistance on coaches and we're not even really sure who's running the organization right now. I wouldn't care if LeBron James or Michael Jordan in his prime is on the team, I wouldn't sign up to be a part of that organization long-term. If we do land a big name free agent it'll be a miracle.

I'm sure you're going to blame LeBron regardless though. :lol:

I never disputed any of that. There's a simple solution. Ask for a trade, unless he doesn't care about winning here in the 1st place and is willing to keep padding his stats and being Hollywood.

Unfortunately we can't go to the parallel universe where the Lakers don't sign Lebron. He put himself out there with this recruiting **** so yea he's taking some hits if it doesn't come thru.

It may be. I’m just saying that if the organization was stellar, Lebron would get all the blame. Now he’s absolved of all criticism in terms of general public and pundits

Yup it's ALWAYS been this way with Bron sans 2011. He gets all the credit for the success and absolved of almost all criticism in the failures mostly because he has his little birds everywhere driving whatever narrative he wants out there. It may fool the national media, but this fanbase ain't going to care. You either get it done or not. He'll be judged by whether he puts #17 in the rafters during his tenure...bottom line.

Don't think we forgot before all of this drama took place how bleak the summer outlook was as far as free agency.

Ya'll just all over the place.

This is why I'm wondering what the Lebron haters think about passing Lue cuz ya'll shouldn't complain at all about that cuz if Lebron is this horrible decision maker that has ruined the franchise it should be a good thing to pass on Lue right?

Then ya'll want to trade Lebron. :lol:

And when you don't get a superstar back ya'll will be protesting about that too.

Not hiring Lue was dumb. He was the best candidate available independent of his relationship with Bron. It's just a bonus that he had a rapport with him and was able to check him. The optics would have been what they were regardless.

MVP MVP and @storm2006 are the top LeBron haters on niketalk. I truly don't understand where this level of hate comes from. I think that Kevin Durant is corny but I don't hate him 1/10 as much as you guys hate LeBron. :rofl:

Still team #tradeBron

if you think the optics around the franchise are bad now, imagine what people would think if we traded LeBron. LeBron is the only free agent that took a chance on this dumpster fire franchise and then we turn around a trade him after one bad year?

That would look terrible two other star players if they're willing to trade one of the best players of all time. Trading LeBron would effectively end any chance of signing any big free agent for the next decade.

Last edited:
Honestly the infrastructure isn't good enough and hasn't been since Dr. Buss to star chase, we gotta build it another way. Bring Juju back and trade Lebron for whomever gets the #2 pick.

Back
Top Bottom