[::LAKERS vs. MAVERICKS THREAD |Mavs sweep Lakers, Congrats Mavs Fans::]

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Let me be the first to say this, if Lakers get sweeped tomorrow, Kobe can kiss his sixth ring goodbye, probably forever.

Kobe has 3 years left after this season under his contract, right? Lakers are stuck with Blake, Barnes for at least another year, both are trash. Ron Artest and Shannon are wack too and are liabilities. No other team wants any of these 4 buffoons. Phil is retiring. Kobe each year shows his age. Lamar is my #!!$$ but has 2 years left, and his last year is a team option. Bynum really playing his %$% off, but has 2 years left with the last a team option. Gasoft will go into hiding, never will be seen again. Fisher, 2 years left, will retire to hades, where he belongs.

Unless a big acquisition comes in the off season, Staples Center about to go belly up.

Westbrook, Deron, CP3, Dwight all expire in two years....

in Laker fan fashion,

character and steve blake for CP3,   luke and future considerations for dwight howard.

do it mitch

Let me be the first to say this, if Lakers get sweeped tomorrow, Kobe can kiss his sixth ring goodbye, probably forever.

Kobe has 3 years left after this season under his contract, right? Lakers are stuck with Blake, Barnes for at least another year, both are trash. Ron Artest and Shannon are wack too and are liabilities. No other team wants any of these 4 buffoons. Phil is retiring. Kobe each year shows his age. Lamar is my #!!$$ but has 2 years left, and his last year is a team option. Bynum really playing his %$% off, but has 2 years left with the last a team option. Gasoft will go into hiding, never will be seen again. Fisher, 2 years left, will retire to hades, where he belongs.

Unless a big acquisition comes in the off season, Staples Center about to go belly up.

Lakers don't have 16 million to payout to these dudes.

Barnes off the book in another year.
Shannon done after this year.
Lamar with a Team option in 2 years.
Bynum with a Team option in 2 years.
Artest with a Player option in 2 years.

The ONLY players for sure with contracts 2 years from now is Kobe, Gasol, Blake, and Luke *+$*++! Walton.

Lakers don't have 16 million to payout to these dudes.

Barnes off the book in another year.
Shannon done after this year.
Lamar with a Team option in 2 years.
Bynum with a Team option in 2 years.
Artest with a Player option in 2 years.

The ONLY players for sure with contracts 2 years from now is Kobe, Gasol, Blake, and Luke *+$*++! Walton.

Lakers are stuck with a lot of dead weight. Have enough with Bynum to swing a S&T for someone, but other than that? not a lot of room to make upgrades the next 2 years.

As far as Dwight for Bynum talks...Bynum was great the past 2 games & most of the rest of the team is old, nonathletic and don't defend. Is Dwight good enough to add enough to offset another year of wear and tear on Kobe/Pau/Fisher/Artest..?

Long term with Dwight -- he's a huge help to stay on solid ground..but squeezing out a championship or 2 on the back end of this current core's run? I'd put the odds at less than 50% to get one. Especially if you also need to part with Odom to get him in the first place. It'd take Dwight, Pau being rejuvenated and going out and finding an athletic wing in place of Artest. (who nobody will want)

Lakers are stuck with a lot of dead weight. Have enough with Bynum to swing a S&T for someone, but other than that? not a lot of room to make upgrades the next 2 years.

As far as Dwight for Bynum talks...Bynum was great the past 2 games & most of the rest of the team is old, nonathletic and don't defend. Is Dwight good enough to add enough to offset another year of wear and tear on Kobe/Pau/Fisher/Artest..?

Long term with Dwight -- he's a huge help to stay on solid ground..but squeezing out a championship or 2 on the back end of this current core's run? I'd put the odds at less than 50% to get one. Especially if you also need to part with Odom to get him in the first place. It'd take Dwight, Pau being rejuvenated and going out and finding an athletic wing in place of Artest. (who nobody will want)

Mavs
smokin.gif
3 - 0
smokin.gif

The more I sit down and think... The more I feel better about an epic collapse.... Still the long shot of all long shots.... But it isn't 100% over...

The Lakers put themselves in an epic hole... And no matter what Kobe says he'd rather be up 2-1 or down 1-2 than 3-0... But with the team the Lakers have when Pau leaves is vagina in his purse in the locker room can win the series....

Somebody just needs to get Pau some that's all

Also
1987 -- lost to Boston, 3-0, first round
1986 -- lost to Boston, 3-0, first round

Not a best of 7.... But....... Still got swept

The more I sit down and think... The more I feel better about an epic collapse.... Still the long shot of all long shots.... But it isn't 100% over...

The Lakers put themselves in an epic hole... And no matter what Kobe says he'd rather be up 2-1 or down 1-2 than 3-0... But with the team the Lakers have when Pau leaves is vagina in his purse in the locker room can win the series....

Somebody just needs to get Pau some that's all

Also
1987 -- lost to Boston, 3-0, first round
1986 -- lost to Boston, 3-0, first round

Not a best of 7.... But....... Still got swept

Kobe has 3 years left after this season under his contract, right? Lakers are stuck with Blake, Barnes for at least another year, both are trash. Ron Artest and Shannon are wack too and are liabilities. No other team wants any of these 4 buffoons. Phil is retiring. Kobe each year shows his age. Lamar is my @@*@@ but has 2 years left, and his last year is a team option. Bynum really playing his #*$ off, but has 2 years left with the last a team option. Gasoft will go into hiding, never will be seen again. Fisher, 2 years left, will retire to hades, where he belongs.

Lets not pretend like ppl haven't been clamoring about Dwight to LA for a while now
laugh.gif

Kobe probably has one more shot at getting a ring. Problem is it'll probably be against a good Heat team or Chi and maybe even the Knicks depending on off season acquisitions.

Kobe has 3 years left after this season under his contract, right? Lakers are stuck with Blake, Barnes for at least another year, both are trash. Ron Artest and Shannon are wack too and are liabilities. No other team wants any of these 4 buffoons. Phil is retiring. Kobe each year shows his age. Lamar is my @@*@@ but has 2 years left, and his last year is a team option. Bynum really playing his #*$ off, but has 2 years left with the last a team option. Gasoft will go into hiding, never will be seen again. Fisher, 2 years left, will retire to hades, where he belongs.

Lets not pretend like ppl haven't been clamoring about Dwight to LA for a while now
laugh.gif

Kobe probably has one more shot at getting a ring. Problem is it'll probably be against a good Heat team or Chi and maybe even the Knicks depending on off season acquisitions.

Cant wait til tomorrow... Lakers will begin their journey to making history to win a series after being down 3-0

Cant wait til tomorrow... Lakers will begin their journey to making history to win a series after being down 3-0

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

Jordan's team was never down 0-3.

--EXACTLY

that's not really a fair comparison. Kobe is in his 15th season.  MJ in his 15th year was with the Wizards and didn't make the playoffs.  
LOL MJ was almost 40 at that point. Kobe is falling off now MJ was still ascending

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

Jordan's team was never down 0-3.

--EXACTLY

that's not really a fair comparison. Kobe is in his 15th season.  MJ in his 15th year was with the Wizards and didn't make the playoffs.  
LOL MJ was almost 40 at that point. Kobe is falling off now MJ was still ascending

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by kobehead

2003 Mavericks Blazers

Mavs up 3-0. Lose three in a row only to win game 7. But Mavs had home court game 7.

http://sports.espn.go.com...003/series?series=pordal

Comeback is certainly doable especially against the mavs.
Yeah, because 2003 has anything to do with this team whatsoever...
eyes.gif

Yea that comparison to the 2003 Mavs is great esp considering the only starter left on the team from that year is Dirk

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by kobehead

2003 Mavericks Blazers

Mavs up 3-0. Lose three in a row only to win game 7. But Mavs had home court game 7.

http://sports.espn.go.com...003/series?series=pordal

Comeback is certainly doable especially against the mavs.
Yeah, because 2003 has anything to do with this team whatsoever...
eyes.gif

Yea that comparison to the 2003 Mavs is great esp considering the only starter left on the team from that year is Dirk

The only move the Lakers can make is trading Bynum or a MLE guy. Kobe and Pau making near 48M in 2012-2013. Cap will not be above 60M in 2 years, IMO.

I've said it before: hoopshype salary info section is a great resource.

edit: and there's a strong possibility that the MLE will not be in the next CBA.

The only move the Lakers can make is trading Bynum or a MLE guy. Kobe and Pau making near 48M in 2012-2013. Cap will not be above 60M in 2 years, IMO.

I've said it before: hoopshype salary info section is a great resource.

edit: and there's a strong possibility that the MLE will not be in the next CBA.

In the Lakers locker room following a third consecutive Mavericks victory in Game 3 - which of course put Dallas up three games to zero in the best of seven series - a Lakers runaway freight train of arrogance was finally put on trial by the Ben and Skin Show.

On the witness stand: Shannon Brown.

After hearing many Lakers players repeatedly talk about how they're beating themselves (more than the Mavs are beating them) after each mounting loss, it seemed appropriate to ask the one remaining question: "Is it possible to SWEEP yourselves?"

Shannon Brown says its possible to sweep themselves.
30t6p3b.gif

AUDIO link:
http://soundcloud.com/odd...on-brown-sweep-ourselves

In the Lakers locker room following a third consecutive Mavericks victory in Game 3 - which of course put Dallas up three games to zero in the best of seven series - a Lakers runaway freight train of arrogance was finally put on trial by the Ben and Skin Show.

On the witness stand: Shannon Brown.

After hearing many Lakers players repeatedly talk about how they're beating themselves (more than the Mavs are beating them) after each mounting loss, it seemed appropriate to ask the one remaining question: "Is it possible to SWEEP yourselves?"

Shannon Brown says its possible to sweep themselves.
30t6p3b.gif

AUDIO link:
http://soundcloud.com/odd...on-brown-sweep-ourselves

SMH Magic soundin like yall Lakers fans, panic mode central. Dis dude just said everybody but Kobe can be traded, I'm just glad dont run much. I'm pretty much sure we can come next year and take it all again.I just hope Jerry Buss, or Mitch or whoever switch this team around .

SMH Magic soundin like yall Lakers fans, panic mode central. Dis dude just said everybody but Kobe can be traded, I'm just glad dont run much. I'm pretty much sure we can come next year and take it all again.I just hope Jerry Buss, or Mitch or whoever switch this team around .

Shannon Brown is a f'ing moron. You really answer yes to that question?

Shannon Brown is a f'ing moron. You really answer yes to that question?

Back
Top Bottom