Lebron and his "posse"

Maverick Carter picking/choosing his battles...did he say anything about Dan Gilbert and how Lebron & his squad were treated on their way out the door? Spoke on him like he (Lebron) was a piece of property...then he re-signed.

I agree with you on this. That full page article was cringe-worthy, MC should've said something then.

In October 1999, these words came out of his mouth:

"I don't mean to say [that] as a snide remark toward a certain population in our society, but they have a limitation of their attention span, a lot of it probably due to too much rap music going in their ears and coming out their being."

In October 2005, these words came out of his mouth:

"I think it's important that the players take their end of it, get out of the prison garb and the thuggery aspect of basketball that has come along with hip-hop music in the last seven or eight years."

but I'm sure those were just phil "choosing his words poorly"

wonder why the lebron haters aren't commenting on these quotes

"I don't mean to say [that] as a snide remark toward a certain population in our society, but they have a limitation of their attention span, a lot of it probably due to too much rap music going in their ears and coming out their being."

"I think it's important that the players take their end of it, get out of the prison garb and the thuggery aspect of basketball that has come along with hip-hop music in the last seven or eight years."

I guess it's hard to type with ***** in their hands

I don't see the problem with the use of the word posse 

You don't think the word 'posse' is downplaying the business success of Rich Paul, Maverick Carter, etc?

In his book Phil referred to NBA posses as people who fetch cars and girls for players.

Not sure why this is so hard to understand. Highly disrespectful and potentially has racial undertones based on some of Phil's previous quotes that are getting brought to light (see previous post).

I agree with you on this. That full page article was cringe-worthy, MC should've said something then.

Agree here. But a key difference is Gil went full comic sans on LeBron, not his inner circle, posse, business associates, or whatever you want to call it.

disrespectful. i can see it. its like "go get your shine box" in goodfellas type disrespect. 

i see them dudes the same way though. coattail riders.

without lebron they wouldnt be successful business men, hard to fail when you have the number one athlete in the world backing you as jjs put it 

. its like being born into wealth . people are going to see you a certain way. 

we all see things differently.

either way lebron is the most successful athlete in north america ever. should be above this. 

Last edited:
The situation is overly exaggerated IMO !

Wether Lebron rolls through places w/ high powered corporate execs or his old Cleveland friends, he is still rolling around with a posse that caters to him (Lawyers, Finance guys, PR, Social Network Managers, Brand managers/execs...Etc). He seems like he is trying to protect the images/reputation of his HS classmates, specially Carter... Whom he placed in powerful positions. Carter and the others are doing more than fine, especially with the new Nike signing (giving them a say with Nike corp in itself) + the signing of multiple players to his agency.

Ultimately, Lebron is that guy. He is the main dude and others just revolve around him. Therefore, they are his posse. I don't see the racism.

Just on the surface, if you can admit that someone would not refer to Drew Brees and his business associates as a posse than it is racial. Not racist but racial.

Fill in the blank:
Drew Brees and his____ .

crew, tribe, clique, partners , posse.

Bryce Harper and his___.

gang, band, squad, camp, posse.

F Phil Jackson. I never cared for him and I was a Bulls fan when I cared about basketball.

U really trying ur hardest for a Lebron/Kobe debate.

No feelers on ur bait, huh?
Nope no need for debate. Facts is facts b.
**** that rapist Kobe and **** LeBron.

The first one is racist as ****. Just plain and simple. Clearly I was not aware of this.

The 2nd seems like the usual ignorant and pretty prejudice old white men judging products of hip hop culture in the NBA which was prevalent during the Iverson era.

Last edited:
Never knew posse was viewed as a racial term...
Have you read thru any of this thread? It's not just the word posse that garnered the reaction out of Bron and his camp 
mean.gif
 dense cats always so quick to post but never trying to read.

Last edited:

Have you read thru any of this thread? It's not just the word posse that garnered the reaction out of Bron and his camp :smh:  dense cats always so quick to post but never trying to read.

I DID read the thread but it seems like there's more people up in arms about the connotation of the word rather than white old man Phil talking **** to Bron and his partners. Because at the end of the day who really cares about that? It was the word that triggered everything.

Have you read thru any of this thread? It's not just the word posse that garnered the reaction out of Bron and his camp :smh:  dense cats always so quick to post but never trying to read.

I DID read the thread but it seems like there's more people up in arms about the connotation of the word rather than white old man Phil talking **** to Bron and his partners. Because at the end of the day who really cares about that? It was the word that triggered everything.

Which is basically the entire point.

Gotta hear the audio, but posse, esp. from an old school guy like Phil shouldn't offend you.

If you get heated from one word, sorry, those are other insecurities you have in play you need to deal with.

These young kids get offended over nothing now a days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom