Live-Action Star Wars on Disney+ | The Acolyte | All episodes streaming | R.I.P. Carl Weathers

Did you like Chapter 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some interesting tid-bits about the Vizsla Clan for those that haven’t watched Clone Wars and the small nods this show does to acknowledge things…

RIP To Paz Viszla :smh: Went out swinging.

For those that haven’t watched Clone Wars, if I remember correctly - the Mandalorians have had plenty of Civil War and it‘s obvious in this show. But the significance of Bo Katan and the Vizsla clan is something that the show doesn’t really talk about much…

I’ll do my best to recap and pay respect to Paz Vizsla, who annoyed me at first, but who I actually enjoyed more towards the end…

Bo Katan was apart of a rebel group called Death Watch. The leader of Death Watch was actually a character named Pre Vizsla. They were against the greater Mandalorian politics, which was actually spear-headed by Bo Katan’s sister named Satine (who actually had a love interest with Obi Wan). During Clone Wars, The Death Watch group joined forces with Darth Maul and his brother and eventually worked towards over throwing the Mandalorians.

Once Death Watch took over Mandalore, Pre Vizsla betrayed Darth Maul and his brother. However, in traditional Mandalorian fashion Darth Maul straight up challenged Pre Vizsla to a 1v1 for Mandalore :lol: I’m pretty sure Pre Viszla had the Dark Saber at the time. Needless to say, Maul washed him and took control of Mandalore. Bo-Katan wasn’t feeling a non-Mandalorian taking over so she and a few other of the Death Watch members fought and escaped out of it.

This is what makes the Paz Vislza and Bo-Katan interesting IMO, because she went out to save the youngling, who ended up being a Vizsla. And in return, a Vislza has now come to save her and protect the other Mandalorians. When the irony is, both Clans played a big part in the fraction between the Mandalorians.

For those that really wanna go deeper - Maup holds Satine hostage (Bo Katan’s sister and Obi Wan’s love interest) to lure Obi Wan to Mandalore so he can get his revenge on him.

If it wasn’t for the animated series, I’d say they could basically do a GoT style political-war type thriller between clans in real live action.

Only took them 6 episodes to get into the 'meat' of the show. 😅😅
Anywho...
Finally... Moff Gideon. Such a waste to get an actor like Giancarlo in there, but only use him in such a limited capacity. I hope they don't kill him off in the finale. Thrawn seems to be the antagonist for Ahsoka, so hopefully, they'll keep Gideon around for S4.

I had to look this up when I heard 'Hux', but Brendol is played by Brian Gleeson... Domhnall's little bro!

What's 'Project Necromancer'? Operation 'bring-Sheev-back'?

IG-12 is hilariously ridiculous. 😂😂😂 I love it. I mean, it's a convenient way to solve Grogu's mobility issue! 😅
🥰
Untitled-1.jpg

Is Gideon's Imperial Mandalorian armor something new or have we seen something like that in the comics, books, etc?
I think it looks pretty damn sweet. But how do their capes never catch on fire when they use their jetpacks? 😅😅

Pouring one for Paz Viz. 🍷 😢
But why didn't Bo use her Darksaber when Din & co were stuck on the outside of that door? 😅

Is Gideon's Imperial Mandalorian armor something new or have we seen something like that in the comics, books, etc?
I think it looks pretty damn sweet. But how do their capes never catch on fire when they use their jetpacks? 😅😅

Pouring one for Paz Viz. 🍷 😢
The Maul Death Watch crew had a similar look
19007826-2A31-4DF4-974E-78F749AD0804.jpeg

So this is 1st draft 1st order. I wonder if they're trying to "fix" it. Seeing the groundwork laid by former Empire makes the transition make more sense.

So this is 1st draft 1st order. I wonder if they're trying to "fix" it. Seeing the groundwork laid by former Empire makes the transition make more sense.

This show was definitely setup to "fix" the weak story that was the ST. They just had Favreau go full Trojan Horse with. But even then, this season really suffered for it, unfortunately.

With that said, they should've just said these Dark Trooper 2.0's were the remaining Mandalorian Super Commandos. It would've made for a nice connection since everything's coming back full circle to Rebels.

Capture.JPG

This episode alone was better than eps 7,8, and 9. moff's plan is working perfectly so far.

Gotta give Dave credit for trying to make the Sequels make some type of sense like he did with the prequels with the Clone Wars

I trust Dave will retcon certain things to make the last trilogy have some positive value lol.
Were those Snoke clones in the tubes Moff was walking past??

hvpMTzlLbPv35rKAvazNDT17M5yH1XHtXVJQ_AS_QqU.jpg

The Armorer is def a Mauldalorian/Gideon Spy.. I can see the double cross coming next week

like i said initially, the episde was pretty tense and it that damn armorer constantly lurking, did feel like she was gon turn any second

but then when she was going back to the fleet and they were clearing that storm, i thought moff's army was gon attack any second

the episode was just done so well and it just never felt like they were safe at any time

but yeah i could see it the armorers doing to gather up all the mandalorians in one place but the way it was played in the beginning where moff was genuinely surprised it was them that saved nevarro... i think it might be a stretch that she is involved, i think i like her being a true mandalorian than a traitor

I've been hearing about the Armorer being Rook Kast and/or shady since season 1 but I haven't seen any evidence from any Disney Star Wars material that they could handle a heel-turn like that.

I'd buy it if there was evidence but trusting your gut on a SW theory doesn't usually pan out the way you expected. But then again, Super Battle Droids have NEVER run until it did last week so who knows where the Armorer's loyaltys will lie in a week? Whatever Jon/Dave want, I guess:lol:

Yeah, she always felt a bit shady... 🤔
Some things that made me feel the same:
-Deathwatch ties
-Lied about Mandalore being uninhabitable
-Preached cult dogma to keep CotW separated from Bo and Co.
-volunteered to go to Mandalore, but dipped out to bring folks back up to recovery fleets when it seemed like a novice duty?

Some things that made me feel the same:
-Deathwatch ties
-Lied about Mandalore being uninhabitable
-Preached cult dogma to keep CotW separated from Bo and Co.
-volunteered to go to Mandalore, but dipped out to bring folks back up to recovery fleets when it seemed like a novice duty?

no lie, just had a deja vu reading this... so now im thinking you might be right :lol:

Might be too obvious with her being the traitor, expecting there to be a good swerve. Maybe the guy left early through the ceiling.

Back
Top Bottom