LOCK. GO TO OFFSEASON THREAD.

I actually really like the depth on this team. I believe that Klay is actually going to turn out to be a pretty damn good basketball player. Curry on the other hand, I still think is an undersized shooter who isnt really a point guard. I think the contract he signed (which is essentially the same one that DeRozan signed with the Raptors), is about right. He is ok. Just not someone to build around.

I think this could be a good team. They will finish somewhere between 10th and 6th in the West. Time will tell.

Nice win though. Nice to win when two of your better players are playing horrible.

Klay needs more shots and screens for him. Dude jumper is literally automatic

I actually really like the depth on this team. I believe that Klay is actually going to turn out to be a pretty damn good basketball player. Curry on the other hand, I still think is an undersized shooter who isnt really a point guard. I think the contract he signed (which is essentially the same one that DeRozan signed with the Raptors), is about right. He is ok. Just not someone to build around.
I think this could be a good team. They will finish somewhere between 10th and 6th in the West. Time will tell.
Nice win though. Nice to win when two of your better players are playing horrible.

EXACTLY how I feel. Curry is NOT that next level player that people peg him out to become. Dude just doesn't have "it." When we needed a basket, Curry couldn't give us one.

Anyway, loving our new guys. Bogut did good for his time on the floor. Effected the game on both ends and Landry was a BEAST tonight.

Just happy with the W, even though it was ugly.

enjoyed watching 2nd unit play more than starters. if curry plays 65 games this year i'll be surprised. smh@ the contract

>: WHY?
What has Curry done to warrant an extension right now? We don't even know if he can make it through this season, let alone 4 seasons...It seems like Curry is always going to have these ankle problems, just doesn't make sense to me. I'd rather play this season out, see how he holds up and if he plays well, then you extend him.

qft

Curry is trash; should've shipped him out instead of Monta.
indifferent.gif
...... Cant wait until mid season when Curry is putting up all star type numbers and everyone has to eat their words.

Carl Landry put in work last night. I really liked when GS picked him up. He plays tough on both ends of the floor.

Great to see Bogut on the floor as well.

Typical Warriors. Come out strong the first half, fall apart the second half, allowing games to come down to a nail biter.:x

Many of you aren't realizing the deadline to extend Curry was last night's tip off.  If they didn't, he would have become a restricted free agent in July where another team could potentially "Jeremy Lin" or "Houston" him.  Let's face it, as long as Biedrins is on the roster, there's not a lot of wiggle room financially.  So we could have lost Curry and got nothing in return.  Speaking of Biedrins, he's coming off the books after next year so one inflated salary will replace another.  Expect the Curry will either be playing or rehabbing, not rotting on the bench.  What is worrisome is that Rush and Landry have play options next year and if they out-play their current contracts they will surely opt out wanting a long term deal.  Let's cross that bridge when it comes.  

:stoneface: ...... Cant wait until mid season when Curry is putting up all star type numbers and everyone has to eat their words.

Its year 4 of his career, and am still waiting to eat my words. This dude simply is not that good. Hes ok. He is absolutely not someone to build a team around. The fact that this front office chose him over Rajon Rondo is a joke.

:stoneface: ...... Cant wait until mid season when Curry is putting up all star type numbers and everyone has to eat their words.

Its year 4 of his career, and am still waiting to eat my words. This dude simply is not that good. Hes ok. He is absolutely not someone to build a team around. The fact that this front office chose him over Rajon Rondo is a joke.

THIS
monta should still be in a w's uniform. probably would still gotten something nice in return for curry cause he still has that "potential" tag

You guys almost complain more than our Laker fans, and the funny thing is you guys actually won. :lol:

You should see the mayhem in our thread right now, you would think that our team is 0-46 instead of 0-2. :smh:

Last edited:
Chill with the "curry sucks", the man plays one game after ankle surgery and missing half the season last year...He's rusty.

He's shown signs of a quality point guard when healthy. Do I think he's top 5 PG in the league? Far from it, but quit acting like he's, "trash".

I agree we do complain a lot we have had 2 winning seasons in 20 Years

I didn't mean in general my dude, i just meant right now after the first game of the season. :lol:

No disrespect intended. Only reason I lurk over your thread is because I was raised in the Bay for most of my life, so I root for the Warriors when my Lakers aren't playing. I guess you could say "2nd favorite team."

BTW...Klay's jumper is WET :smh: :x

Last edited:
Agree with Dland and others assessment on Curry - he's essentially a guard version of a tweener.

Case in point - near the end of the game he tried to put on a quick move only to wind up picking up his dribble and having to find someone to pass to. Couldn't beat his defender off the dribble nor create his shot.

Not that we had a plethora of coaching options, but I don't think Mark Jackson is going to be the answer.

Give Curry more than 26 games. His numbers gonna be compared to whoever your favorite PG is. Injuries clearly have an effect on his play, it's a given. Let the kid play when healthy, he'll produce better numbers than his rookie year. Until then, just watch the youngsters shine. Klay is to be watched all season, never had any doubt in him replacing Monta. I think Barnes should sit...for now, then again, with B Rush coming off the bench making a statement, maybe we need strong bench players like him playing with Laundry. If Barnes played with Landry that'd be just as good IMO.

Back
Top Bottom