Losing friendships with people after they have kids unappreciation

We moved from LA to SD to SF now and I find myself going to the bars even more in SF than LA or SD just due to proximity like you said.   And you're still young, 34 is young and not old.  30 is the new 20 and 40 is the new 30

I think moving to a new city factors in wanting to be out more. I am from the Bay but I moved into SF about 9 years ago. I would be out all the time in the first couple of years but it's decreased through time. Oddly I lost most of my friends cause I was the few that finished college. The rest just started to live life early. Then I moved to the city and even if I am only a 30 minute drive away, no one comes out here to kick it unless it's for something specific. I am spontaneous and never plan things and getting people to come out here for that is just hard. I just chalk it up as getting older. I am cool with it.

Love how he didn't dispute the fact that he's headed to EDC to get high
roll.gif
laugh.gif

might be a stupid question but you and baby mama aint together? does she have primary custody? if so, that would make sense why your kid isnt the #1 priority in life since your schedule does not revolve around being around them and taking care of them on a daily basis.
We live together in SF, she's the whole reason of why we're in this expensive city even though she works remote/from home so we could've lived anywhere but her mom is right across the Golden Gate bridge so even though she's working from home everyday, when she does go with her friends to Stagecoach etc. and I'm traveling it's easy to get to her moms place.

We live together in SF, she's the whole reason of why we're in this expensive city even though she works remote/from home so we could've lived anywhere but her mom is right across the Golden Gate bridge so even though she's working from home everyday, when she does go with her friends to Stagecoach etc. and I'm traveling it's easy to get to her moms place.

She's from Marin area? Well at least she has money.

I guess the situation suits itself considering you are not with the baby momma. It's way more normal now a days that it's like this but back in my days when people came from divorced parents, they were usually pretty odd compared to what is "normal". I come from divorce parents as well and my whole life, I never wanted to get married nor have kids. Finally in the last year or two, I am changing my ways.

She's from Marin area? Well at least she has money.

I guess the situation suits itself considering you are not with the baby momma. It's way more normal now a days that it's like this but back in my days when people came from divorced parents, they were usually pretty odd compared to what is "normal". I come from divorce parents as well and my whole life, I never wanted to get married nor have kids. Finally in the last year or two, I am changing my ways.
She grew up in Point Richmond but went to Marin Catholic etc. growing up.  Her mom lives in Marin now.  We do live together in SF and did before in LA and SD.  It was her idea to move to SF because we both wanted to enjoy our lives still and we like diff things like i go to coachella every year, she goes to stagecoach every year etc. so she wanted her mom to be a close drive away.  

She grew up in Point Richmond but went to Marin Catholic etc. growing up.  Her mom lives in Marin now.  We do live together in SF and did before in LA and SD.  It was her idea to move to SF because we both wanted to enjoy our lives still and we like diff things like i go to coachella every year, she goes to stagecoach every year etc. so she wanted her mom to be a close drive away.  
stop letting her make decisions for you. Do you have to let her know when you gotta crap too. Let your balls hang once.

It's funny. I thought I was the only one. I would think if I got married tomorrow I wouldn't even have a lot of people to invite.

All of my friends are spread out globally. Relocate for job, family, etc.

one of my insecurities. :wow:

It's funny. I thought I was the only one. I would think if I got married tomorrow I wouldn't even have a lot of people to invite.

one of my insecurities. :wow:

blessing in disguise. Granted, a lot of them were not my friends (parents/in-laws friends and such) but I had to have 2 concurrently running receptions of sorts. One reception was just for my in-laws's church people (he's a pastor) and that one was around 200+/-. While we sent our friends and relatives off to the other reception site (approx 220 people) to get cocktail hour started, my wife and i had to mad dash make the rounds at the 1st reception to greet and thank everyone before being rushed off. It was an s-show. I was so stressed and tired from all that running around that I didnt really get to let loose that night.

When you start planning the wedding and you see the cost getting higher and higher you will be grateful.

For example OP says he has ten friends, that means he has to have 20 slots up because each friend needs a plus one.

And dont forget the friends connected through a friend that your cool with......

Things start adding up

Back
Top Bottom