luxury car brands losing marketshare to big 3 VOL. trucks

20170901_150750.jpg

The day I copped her :smokin
I call it the green machine

Raptors are a dime a dozen in Michigan I love them. When the funds are right, as much as I love German/euro engineering. A kitted our Jeep Wrangler or Ford/GMC truck is what I’m going for.

This wouldn’t have been the case 10 years ago.

Agreed, raptors are everywhere and they’re 70k+ pick ups

Love the new wrangler but 50k+ for a rubicon :smh:

Funniest thing is seeing some corporate dude wearing a suit and loafers hop into his Ford F-150. **** you need that **** for you don’t even work construction you are an investment banker, Chad.

Wow :lol:

So Chad's life consists of nothing but being an investment banker?

What does Chad do for his weekends? Does Chad have any hobbies, side businesses, etc .. Chad works in the city but what if he plays in the country, or by the lake/ocean, or up in the mountains.

I don't even "like" trucks like that and I have a big car but between Home Depot runs/grocery store runs and picking up stuff like furniture I'll own some type of truck or large SUV the rest of my life.

And as far as true cost of ownership a truck retains so much of its value it's crazy.

I bought a 03 Expedition in good shape with only 125K miles a year ago for 3 grand.

I wanted a truck but any truck that runs decent in Texas is going for 4 or 5 grand easy, even a 14 year old one.

I

He's probably bringing in 6-7K a month after tax and his house is likely paid off.

I guess. If we’re generous and say $100k a year that could be $6k a month. An $80k car is going to take a serious chunk of that though 2-3k?

And his wife has a BMW?

I hope he can afford it but that doesn’t seem clever to me though.

raptor got heavy duty suspension too.
It aint worth the price tho. Its cool for people that want something out the box but everything can be replicated on diffrent chassis for much less. If your into off roading you already know.

I can’t believe they didn’t put a V8 in the Raptor. Something like that, you shouldn’t be giving a **** about fuel economy.

I guess. If we’re generous and say $100k a year that could be $6k a month. An $80k car is going to take a serious chunk of that though 2-3k?

And his wife has a BMW?

I hope he can afford it but that doesn’t seem clever to me though.

My pops put in 30 years with the Michigan Department of Corrections.

Between 401K and pension the numbers I put out were in the low range.

Dude's wife probably a decent income too.

My pops and stepmom have no bills or debt outside car payments, home energy, property taxes and food.

Last edited:
It aint worth the price tho. Its cool for people that want something out the box but everything can be replicated on diffrent chassis for much less. If your into off roading you already know.
The engine is what sucks now IMO that price for nothing special

Funniest thing is seeing some corporate dude wearing a suit and loafers hop into his Ford F-150. **** you need that **** for you don’t even work construction you are an investment banker, Chad.

Bad logic bro, but I honestly used to think like you... until the snow started making having a car suck.

I told my chick as soon as we get our crib I'm leasing a truck. I like them because I'm tall and I like the space, and I just feel safe in a truck. But, the most important thing living in the northeast is they are clutch for snowy conditions.

Some of the departments at my job got a couple of them and I drove them around and wanted one right away, but the ones at work were like the bare bones work type F150's.

Wow :lol:

So Chad's life consists of nothing but being an investment banker?

What does Chad do for his weekends? Does Chad have any hobbies, side businesses, etc .. Chad works in the city but what if he plays in the country, or by the lake/ocean, or up in the mountains.
I see I hit a nerve. It was in jest

I can’t believe they didn’t put a V8 in the Raptor. Something like that, you shouldn’t be giving a **** about fuel economy.

there's numerous outlets reporting its gonna get a new 7.0l V8 this summer as da 2019 model.

A retired Michigan State trooper probably sitting on a $100k/year pension.. not to mention all the **** he hasn’t been paying for during his tenure, gas, mileage, lunches, etc... he has quite a bit saved, to say the least. Most definitely doable.

Back
Top Bottom