luxury car brands losing marketshare to big 3 VOL. trucks

Can’t believe Michigan has unlimited PIP :sick: Would legit move out of the state than pay car insurance there

Americans are short sighted. That's the real explanation for this surge in truck marketshare.

The name of the game is conspicuous consumption. We're just seeing it play out differently. Watch these same cats be the first in line to trade in their trucks and SUVs the minute gas prices start to increase.

Nail on the head. I commute to work via bus and have been for 3 years, although I have two compact suv’s At home for the BM’s and kiddos. Living in Europe for two years rubbed off on me, if I lived in a huge market or even Europe still, we would have a wagon and that’s it. The rest of the time public transportation..

My question from that is how does a retired cop spend $80k on a car? Was he on the take or is their pension particularly generous?

Cops in canada get paid 6 figures. Chief of police gets paid over 200k a year.

When my buddy became a cop, first thing he bought was an ml350. He was getting paid 130k a year after his 3rd year.

Americans are short sighted. That's the real explanation for this surge in truck marketshare.

The name of the game is conspicuous consumption. We're just seeing it play out differently. Watch these same cats be the first in line to trade in their trucks and SUVs the minute gas prices start to increase.

Same goes to the people driving in Wranglers, especially if living in a city. Can't use that vehicle's capabilities in a concrete jungle. Some people latch on to the current trend. But once those gas prices go up, those same truck/wrangler driving folks will trade those trucks in for whatever is hot and get themselves in a never ending cycle of debt. That's what happens when we are surrounded by consumerism left and right

Nail on the head. I commute to work via bus and have been for 3 years, although I have two compact suv’s At home for the BM’s and kiddos. Living in Europe for two years rubbed off on me, if I lived in a huge market or even Europe still, we would have a wagon and that’s it. The rest of the time public transportation..

you gotta drag me by my *** for me to ever take public transport if i can afford it. lol

Can’t believe Michigan has unlimited PIP :sick: Would legit move out of the state than pay car insurance there
I used to pay 430 for 1 truck like 3 years ago. I know people who get quoted 600 smh.

Why dude's talking like u gotta work in construction or move shot on the regular to have a puck up :lol:? I don't move **** on the regular but sometimes when I need to or someone around me needs to I can.

Not knocking trucks, i actually believe its essential to have a pickup if you're a homeowner.

Im mainly talking about cats who dd f4500 duramax super duty for no god damn reason other than to feel like they king of the road. And they always clean asf and dent free :lol:

When i finally get my own place one of the first things ima cop is an older Tacoma.

ninja giving a thumbs up to off-road cars, yet has no intention to use it for what it's meant for. ol city slicker boi isn't living his borough for anything.

*waits for article suggesting that off-road activities are doable in nyc*

you gotta drag me by my *** for me to ever take public transport if i can afford it. lol
truly spoken like someone has never visited Europe. unlike your rat infested trains in your ****hole, the trains in are well maintained and are pretty clean. hell, even some streets are more organized and more clean than your place. love how you talk sideways about things without having an evidence. every time you open your mouth it is all subjective. nothing backed up by objective reasoning.

ninja giving a thumbs up to off-road cars, yet has no intention to use it for what it's meant for. ol city slicker boi isn't living his borough for anything.

*waits for article suggesting that off-road activities are doable in nyc*

what do you mean?

pothole1-jumbo.jpg

keyframe62.jpg

pothole.jpg

Im mainly talking about cats who dd f4500 duramax super duty for no god damn reason other than to feel like they king of the road. And they always clean asf and dent free :lol:

Screenshot_20180216-231656.png

someone came to my worksite in da exact same truck....cat was mirin haaaaaaard.

I seriously don't know why people own Raptors here in Socal.

I see at least 3 of them on the freeway each morning on my way to work.

One idiot was in a 2 lane carpool HOV and other drivers were pissed as hell.

Dudes like him are looking to cause road rage.

To add to your point, as the article states, cars in general are dying. Not a good sign where the meat of the article is highlighting a surging trend, and notes that overall sales remain flat.

When gas prices are up will change
I have a 2016 f150 as a daily have 74k miles on it
Very comfortable
But nothing can compare to a nice luxury sedan
I also have a 2017 ctsv. Can not compare the two. If I had the choice I would be ripping around town all day in the ctsv

Cadillac supposedly is discontinuing da CTS & ATS cuz of da bottom falling out in da sedan market.

Back
Top Bottom