Mark Teixeira Close To Making a Decision...

Originally Posted by Frankie CALentino

Originally Posted by Yoda

Stop trying to make the Angels out to be some underdog. FYI the Rays will finish third in the division, they maxed out.

Rockies_revised300px_wi.jpg

I see you agree with me. Everything went right for the Rays last year, no one is gonna take them lightly and they have not made any impact additions word to the 06 Tigers and 05 Astros.
I agree too, 24 year old BJ Upton won't improve, and a 23 year old Longoria won't get better. Carlos Pena is probably going to forget howto hit, top 50 prospect Wade Davis won't make it past AAA and that David Price fellow won't improve their rotation at all...
eyes.gif

I hope he goes to the Nats.

Fade into oblivion...
Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

How many pages with this thread go before there is an actual decision?
laugh.gif
Seriously. He's been "close" for over a week now. He's like the Yuku support staff.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Tex is NOTTTT worth 185 mil. Hes not worth any more than 10-15 mil a year. If he signs this contract it will go down as the WORST contract in the history ofbaseball.

Tex getting 185 mil.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yeah, the Rays aren't even remotely in the same boat as the 07 Rockies, the 06 Tigers, or the 05 Astros... Those types of suggestions are terribly,terribly foolish...

Not one of those teams nearly the depth of youth and talent the Rays had this season and have moving forward. Not one of them had the embarrassment of richesthe Rays have in their starting rotation... And not one of them had an absolutely loaded pipeline of talent in their minor league system...

The Rays need to make one move this offseason, and that's signing an impact bat to play DH and sparingly in one of the corner outfield spots... Lucky forthem, there's still LOADS of those guys out there and their prices are dropping by the day... Milton Bradley, Adam Dunn, Pat Burrell... If they go straightDH Jason Giambi is still an available option...

If you think they're in a position where they have to go out and make drastic additions to stay relevant, you're kidding yourself... They're stilla better team than the Yankees...

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Yoda wrote:

Frankie CALentino wrote:

Stop trying to make the Angels out to be some underdog. FYI the Rays will finish third in the division, they maxed out.

I see you agree with me. Everything went right for the Rays last year, no one is gonna take them lightly and they have not made any impact additions word to
the 06 Tigers and 05 Astros.
I agree too, 24 year old BJ Upton won't improve, and a 23 year old Longoria won't get better. Carlos Pena is probably going to forget how to hit, top 50 prospect Wade Davis won't make it past AAA and that David Price fellow won't improve their rotation at all...
eyes.gif

Don't get me wrong..The Rays have made a name for themselves...But I don't think they can do it...Sure, all of their young players are going to getbetter, but I just don't see them as a perennial powerhouse. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING clicked for them last year and it was great to see themprosper after being at the bottom 4-5 for all those seasons...

I'll bet my SN and say they don't end up in the Playoffs next season.

Yoda wrote:

Frankie CALentino wrote:

I see you agree with me. Everything went right for the Rays last year, no one is gonna take them lightly and they have not made any impact additions word to
the 06 Tigers and 05 Astros.
I agree too, 24 year old BJ Upton won't improve, and a 23 year old Longoria won't get better. Carlos Pena is probably going to forget how to hit, top 50 prospect Wade Davis won't make it past AAA and that David Price fellow won't improve their rotation at all...
eyes.gif

Don't get me wrong..The Rays have made a name for themselves...But I don't think they can do it...Sure, all of their young players are going to get better, but I just don't see them as a perennial powerhouse. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING clicked for them last year and it was great to see them prosper after being at the bottom 4-5 for all those seasons...

I think you have lost your danm mind.
laugh.gif

I'm taking a screen shot of that one.

If you add Adam Dunn or Milton Bradley you can call it a wrap for the rest of the division because they would be a complete baseball team. Also BJ Upton isgoing to breakout next year, think young Bobby Abreu type stats.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

Tex is NOTTTT worth 185 mil. Hes not worth any more than 10-15 mil a year. If he signs this contract it will go down as the WORST contract in the history of baseball.

Tex getting 185 mil.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Tex quietly and consistently puts up ELITE stats. Tex is worth SUPERSTAR money. he doesn't act like a superstar and isn't flashy, andthat's the ONLY REASON you fools think he isn't worth the huge payday he's going to receive. take a look at his stats over his career, youcan't honestly say those aren't superstar stats (Tex' stats are comparable to A-Rod's). he's also in his prime, and will continue to put upmonster numbers for at least the next 5 years. the money he's going to receive is justified.

(Tex' stats are comparable to A-Rod's).
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
In what way?

.306/.389/.578 career line for A-Rod...
.290/.378/.541 career line for Teixeira...

A-Rod consistently hits 40 homers a year... Teixeira has done it once in his career.
A-Rod averages 121 RBI a year outside his first two seasons when he only played a handful of games... Teixeira has topped that total only once...
A-Rod steals 20 bags a year... Teixeira never stole more than 4...

Their numbers aren't comparable. At all.

Nevermind the fact that what Teixeira offers first basemen is MILES easier to find than what A-Rod offers as a SS or 3B...

Originally Posted by JordanXI2001

Originally Posted by Durden7

Tex is NOTTTT worth 185 mil. Hes not worth any more than 10-15 mil a year. If he signs this contract it will go down as the WORST contract in the history of baseball.

Tex getting 185 mil.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Tex quietly and consistently puts up ELITE stats. Tex is worth SUPERSTAR money. he doesn't act like a superstar and isn't flashy, and that's the ONLY REASON you fools think he isn't worth the huge payday he's going to receive. take a look at his stats over his career, you can't honestly say those aren't superstar stats (Tex' stats are comparable to A-Rod's). he's also in his prime, and will continue to put up monster numbers for at least the next 5 years. the money he's going to receive is justified.
185 mil is NOT justified. Tex is a solid player, no doubt but hes NO WHERE near Arods status. He does not put up elite numbers. Hes not aplayer who will drastically change a team or their number of wins. Just because he isnt flashy isnt the reason we think hes not worth the money. Hes notworth the money because hes simply not worth the money.

He wont put up monster numbers if hes on Baltimore or Washington playing on a sub-par team with average to slighty above average players around him. This isthe same player who has been traded for Casey Kotchman and Jarrod Saltalamacchia. Hes not a superstar. Great player, yes, but no superstar.

185 mil for Tex.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't take anything JRain says seriously. And neither should any of you guys.

Osh: Take a SS of it. I'll stick to my guns. They only won the AL East by 2 and 8 games, respectively. The Sox played great ball all year, and theyYankees, with their injuries and laughable pitching staff, were only out 8 games. Right off the bat, the Yanks look better with 2 great pitchers. Wang is gonnabe healthy, etc etc.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the Rays. Trust me.

Believe me, I'd rather there be a 3rd team thrown into the mix in the AL East...kinda
laugh.gif
. It makes things more interesting.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

The guy you need to compare him to is Todd Helton.
Helton in his prime > Mark Teixeira...
TRUE.

Tex isn't gonna hit near .400 AND Helton is better defensively.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

The guy you need to compare him to is Todd Helton.
Helton in his prime > Mark Teixeira...

coors-field.jpg

The same reason Larry Walker goes from good hitter with the Expo's to doing his best Babe Ruth impression.
Anything that happens in coores field should not be taken at face value especially when Heltons home and away splits are so drastic.
sick.gif

Anything that happens in coores field should not be taken at face value especially when Heltons home and away splits are so drastic.
And Mark Teixeira's aren't? Maybe you should check again... Teixeira has spend most of his career as a left-handed hitter with theshort-porch and jet stream in Arlington...

Todd Helton in his prime is an elite hitter, regardless of what park he's playing in...

I see you agree with me. Everything went right for the Rays last year, no one is gonna take them lightly and they have not made any impact additions word to the 06 Tigers and 05 Astros.
eyes.gif

Curtis Granderson, Joel Zumaya, Fernando Rodney, and Justin Verlander. Hell I'll let you throw in Miguel Cabrera. That's a pretty good core to buildoff from 2006 yet they havent made the playoffs since. Making the playoffs is hard stuff.

And Mark Teixeira's aren't? Maybe you should check again... Teixeira has spend most of his career as a left-handed hitter with the short-porch and jet stream in Arlington...

Todd Helton in his prime is an elite hitter, regardless of what park he's playing in...
That stadium in Arlington (didn't you say it was overblown?) is not as bad as pre humidor coores field. Plus Texeria has proven him self to bean elite hitter in other ball parks.

[table][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]G[/td] [td]AB[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]H[/td] [td]2B[/td] [td]3B[/td] [td]HR[/td] [td]RBI[/td] [td]BB[/td] [td]K[/td] [td]SB[/td] [td]CS[/td] [td]AVG[/td] [td]OBP[/td] [td]SLG[/td] [td]OPS[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Home[/td] [td] [/td] [td]840[/td] [td]3006[/td] [td]712[/td] [td]1089[/td] [td]254[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]190[/td] [td]674[/td] [td]559[/td] [td]343[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]13[/td] [td].362[/td] [td].461[/td] [td].652[/td] [td]1.113[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Away[/td] [td] [/td] [td]821[/td] [td]2956[/td] [td]431[/td] [td]868[/td] [td]217[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]120[/td] [td]442[/td] [td]482[/td] [td]467[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]13[/td] [td].294[/td] [td].394[/td] [td].494[/td] [td].888[/td] [/tr][/table]
He is a good hitter away from Coores field, great plate discipline but the drop off in SLG and OPS is huge. Usually all hitters splits favor home over the roadbut Heltons drop is far more drastic.

I do think Helton is a great hitter, he may or may not be better than Tex...the stats he put up in his prime are Hall of Fame numbers and I don't think heis that good.

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:

Don't get me wrong..The Rays have made a name for themselves...But I don't think they can do it...Sure, all of their young players are going to get
better, but I just don't see them as a perennial powerhouse. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING clicked for them last year and it was great to see them
prosper after being at the bottom 4-5 for all those seasons...

laugh.gif

If you add Adam Dunn or Milton Bradley you can call it a wrap for the rest of the division because they would be a complete baseball team. Also BJ Upton is going to breakout next year, think young Bobby Abreu type stats.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

126fn93.jpg

I saw the post title and who responded and I thought you was just being a $%$% and grave digging since dude is having a nice year.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Originally Posted by allen3xis

He's become overrated with the money people are talking about him getting.

I never understand why people think dude is that nice. He will be Giambi 2.0 for whatever team.

LOL @ both of yall.

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:

Don't get me wrong..The Rays have made a name for themselves...But I don't think they can do it...Sure, all of their young players are going to get
better, but I just don't see them as a perennial powerhouse. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING clicked for them last year and it was great to see them
prosper after being at the bottom 4-5 for all those seasons...

laugh.gif

If you add Adam Dunn or Milton Bradley you can call it a wrap for the rest of the division because they would be a complete baseball team. Also BJ Upton is going to breakout next year, think young Bobby Abreu type stats.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

126fn93.jpg

perfect execution

Shoot, I thought of hitting someone with the "grave digging" but I see you. Yankees are having an excellent year.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

I saw the post title and who responded and I thought you was just being a $%$% and grave digging since dude is having a nice year.

laugh.gif

Not even close

Back
Top Bottom