Mark Teixeira Close To Making a Decision...

laugh.gif

About time teams stop letting Boras run the show. I still say he'll end up in Anaheim or Boston though. I think Boras will lower the asking price if Texdoesn't want to play in Washington or NY.

I wish he would sign somewhere ESPN makes Tex look like the second coming with all their updates and what not.

This is one of the reasons I stopped watching MLB years ago. Greedy agents.

channel 7 news in boston just reported that the sox are indeed the highest bidder at this time for tex and remain in the lead...

but damn, so many conflicting reports, don't know who to believe
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WickedNikes

channel 7 news in boston just reported that the sox are indeed the highest bidder at this time for tex and remain in the lead...

laugh.gif
Better hope Ca$h Money doesn't slide in at the last second
devil.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

laugh.gif
Better hope Ca$h Money doesn't slide in at the last second
devil.gif
laugh.gif
just stop, that's not even funny
laugh.gif

nah but in yankee news:
According to a report in the Dominican newspaper Impacto Deportivo, the Yankees are on the verge of signing Manny Ramirez to a three-year, $75MM deal. They say negotiations are advanced and an announcement would take place Monday or Tuesday. If true, this would be an incredible scoop. However, there is reason for skepticism. The money and timing just doesn't seem right.

nah but in yankee news:
According to a report in the Dominican newspaper Impacto Deportivo, the Yankees are on the verge of signing Manny Ramirez to a three-year, $75MM deal. They say negotiations are advanced and an announcement would take place Monday or Tuesday. If true, this would be an incredible scoop. However, there is reason for skepticism. The money and timing just doesn't seem right.

Stop that.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Link?

Looks fake but yeah.... if Manny ultimately landed with Yankees that'd be
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
&
pimp.gif

I heard on ESPNEWS that Manny told friends that he expects the Yankees will offer him a 3yr/ $75 mill contract but sources from the Yankees are saying theywould sign Manny if his asking price drops way below $25 mil and only for two years.

espn has reported that the angels have withdrawed and offer for Tex

either 2 things are happening here...

1. Hes goin to Boston for sure
2. Hes becoming obnoxious and teams are gettin annoyed

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

espn has reported that the angels have withdrawed and offer for Tex

either 2 things are happening here...

1. Hes goin to Boston for sure
2. Hes BORAS is becoming obnoxious and teams are gettin annoyed
fixed
laugh.gif

Lets say that Teixeira signs with Boston. They plan on trading Lowell and moving Youkilis to third base, but what happens during a potential World Series whenthe DH isnt available? Do they sit Tex or Ortiz?

Originally Posted by airjordan2k4

Lets say that Teixeira signs with Boston. They plan on trading Lowell and moving Youkilis to third base, but what happens during a potential World Series when the DH isnt available? Do they sit Tex or Ortiz?
play ortiz in RF
laugh.gif

nah...gotta sit one of em. id assume depending on the pitcher, or just play tex straight up and pinch hit with ortiz.

youk would play rf ? what about jd drew ? tex don't fit with the sox imo. they seem like they just wanna block they're competition from getting him andworry about it later. very interesting...........

3/75 for Manny?

That deciding factor for me is the 3 years. I hope we dont give him 4/100 cause thats
grin.gif
..I like the 3 years though..

I think they could possibly move Tex to 3rd during NL games, then we'll get to hear stories of how he's such a team player on ESPN.

I hope it's true that we took our name out of the hat. I mentioned earlier in the thread how I was almost hoping we didn't sign him, due to theastronomical demands his agent is throwing down. Now, thinking about it more, I'm definitely hoping we leave him be. How often does it turn out that aplayer, in any sport, signs a HUGE contract that shocks the sports world, and that player continues to be as productive as they were before, or even moreproductive?

It rarely happens. What always happens is that a player is good for a couple years, great for a couple years, then he signs this mind-blowing contract, and isreduced to mediocrity, or 'slightly above average'.

Back
Top Bottom