Mark Teixeira Close To Making a Decision...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

none of that? Nationals system > Orioles system. the Nationals are stocked with studs and have made immense improvements- currently ranked 9th in all of baseball.
laugh.gif
I thought I already addressed this and disproved that a week ago...

You posted an article from a year and a half ago saying they were the 9th ranked system in baseball...
laugh.gif
I posted an article from a month ago that said their farm system flat out wasn't very good... Same article said they have a couple of potential headliners and a bunch of crap, and even the 'headline' type prospects had serious question marks...

Nick Markakis > anybody playing for the Nationals right now... Matt Weiters and Chris Tillman > any prospect the Nationals have...

bottom line: BASEBALL AMERICA > YOU. those were the 2008 farm system rankings, SO, until the 2009 edition releases, the Nationals are the #9ranked farm system in baseball.

Ryan Zimmerman > Nick Markakis. my dude Dukes has a higher ceiling than Markakis too. be warned: Dukes is guaranteed to be the breakout player of the yearin 2009.

Weiters is the Orioles' stand out stud, but the Nationals have their own stud catcher named Jesus Flores. then there is Marrero and Burgess who are twobeasts in the making and Jordan Zimmermann is an emerging ace. there are other prospects that have got a taste of the majors and performed well like CollinBalester.

and back on topic to Tex, i now have a feeling that the Nationals are going to surrender to the Red Sox.
frown.gif

I think he's going to boston. 8 years 180 is way too much for this guy I think....but whatever. Boston has the money for it

bottom line: BASEBALL AMERICA > YOU.
laugh.gif
Baseball America isn't even the best thing out there...

And I didn't make up or write the article I posted... John Sickels is actually pretty well respected in prospect scouting circles and considering thearticle I posted actually ARE his 2009 rankings, I'd like to think they hold a little more weight than an article written over a year ago...
eyes.gif
Ryan Zimmerman > Nick Markakis.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Based on what, exactly?

And since when is Jesus Flores a "stud" catching prospects?
roll.gif
Nevermind his .700 OPS in the big league debut this season, his minor league lineat .250/.300/.410 isn't even the slightest bit impressive...
ohwell.gif
You know what was awesome? When you weren't posting.
Co-$*#**$#-sign.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

You know what was awesome? When you weren't posting.
laugh.gif

Its like I picture you being michael scott and slurpper being toby

180 mil is way too much for a guy who isn't really the kind of player who carries a team like say Pujols, Manny, etc....dude quietly goes about hisbusiness and puts up solid numbers.

Crazy amount of money.

NESN in up here in New England is saying sox are backing out of tex after Boras said there is more money and years on the table. Could be a bluff

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/12/mark-teixeira-5.html[/h1]
[h1]Mark Teixeira Rumors: Thursday[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [December 18, 2008 at 9:58pm CST]

9:58pm: Red Sox owner John Henry said:

"We met with Mr. Teixeira and were very much impressed with him. After hearing about his other offers, however, it seems clear that we are not going to be a factor."

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

this is great news for my Nats, but i just want all of the speculation to end...i'm going insane! MAKE A DECISION TEX!

I will agree with one thing, he is right about Elijah Dukes as long as he is healthy he is going to be the sleeper of the year.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I will agree with one thing, he is right about Elijah Dukes as long as he is healthy he is going to be the sleeper of the year.
FINALLY! someone recognizes.
pimp.gif

I'm THRILLED that the mighty Sox are out of the mix. the Nats chances just skyrocketed...hopefully the Teixeira Sweepstakes will be settled this weekend!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

AllenIversonFan01:
At the mercy of sounding like im hating on the Yankees. They are the reason players get overpaid. Granted other teams have gone this route recently but it was the Yankees who started overpaying, and now other teams start high because they are scared that the Yankees can swoop in at anytime and just pick whoever they want. Prices will continue to soar until MLB puts a salary cap on it. Because it will only get worse when say Puljos is a free agent. Because Tex is gonna cash in Puljos who is better will Get an astronomical amount for his contract. It is starting to get ridiculous but the MLB is at fault as well for letting it get this out of hand.
Correct.

"So hate the MLB, ska. not the Yankees."

No.
devil.gif

laugh.gif

^ No lie, I'm kind of hoping we don't keep him. Like others have already mentioned, for the price tag he's going to end up with, he'soverrated.

I remember hearing when we got him: ECSTATIC. I've always loved Teix.

But for the money? I'm kind of hoping we're not going to be the ones paying that contract.

Damn Yankees.
mad.gif

Real talk, the 8/160 contract that was the STARTING point for this bidding war was too much for Mark Teixeira... The Red Sox came up with 8/184 and feel likethey've been comfortably outbid?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Jiminy Christmas...

Originally Posted by JordanXI2001

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

FINALLY! someone recognizes.
pimp.gif

I'm THRILLED that the mighty Sox are out of the mix. the Nats chances just skyrocketed...hopefully the Teixeira Sweepstakes will be settled this weekend!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
is that you J Rain????

one step closer to getting him
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom