Mark Teixeira Close To Making a Decision...

Side note, if he does end up getting is 8/160 or 8/200, the better be just as much backlash as there was when the Yanks gave CC his dough.

I think the Angels are going to get him, and they are going to regret it 8 years $185-190 million
eek.gif

Yoda:
Side note, if he does end up getting is 8/160 or 8/200, the better be just as much backlash as there was when the Yanks gave CC his dough.
Nice try.
laugh.gif

The rest of the teams in the league have a lotttttt of making up to do before being resented by the majority for buying All Stars/hot ticket players year afteryear.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Yoda:
Nice try.
laugh.gif

The rest of the teams in the league have a lotttttt of making up to do before being resented by the majority for buying All Stars/hot ticket players year after year.
It's alright..... 95% of the people who get mad about us buying players are just JEALOUS anyway that their teams don't oraren't able to spend as much $$$$$
One of the many reasons why I've never cared that people think the Yankees spend too much $
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I mean anyone telling me they wouldn't take CC Sabathia on their favorite team because their team was capable of paying HUGE $ would be a liar
laugh.gif

PS: Can you imagine if the Yankees somehow swooped in and got Teixeira at the last minute & stole him away from likely going to Boston
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

What good would this guy do on a bad team at that price? I don't think any one player is worth that much money, certainly not Texiera. I can understandmaybe the Red Sox or Angels cause they have a shot to contend.

I wanted Tex as much as the next Sox fan. But I dont think I want him for that price. For that we should have just gave Manny his extension when he asked forit at the all star break last season. I would much rather have a happy Manny than Tex. But now we've severed all ties with Manny and we may not get Tex.What a terrible offseason so far. And on top of that we might resign VariteKKKKKKKK. But well see how things play out. Hopefully that is to call Boras'bluff. And if it is I would also like to add *%%# Boras. Guys a total Douche

I'm not that upset about not getting Tex. 8 years at 184? That's insanity. IMO Albert Pujols is the only player in baseball who's worth that kindof money. All I can say is Ortiz better be completely healed and back to his old self next year.

Originally Posted by JD617

I'm not that upset about not getting Tex. 8 years at 184? That's insanity. IMO Albert Pujols is the only player in baseball who's worth that kind of money. All I can say is Ortiz better be completely healed and back to his old self next year.
No doubt. We were only one game from the World Series last year. We should be ok it just woulda been nice to have another bat. But for damnnear 25 million a year? IDK. Id still like to get him but I wouldnt be as excited if we shelled out that kind of money. I liked the 8 years 160 deal butBoras' gouging teams at this point.

Wow....close to 200M?

Teix aiin't THAT nice.

...and he's not going to the Nats. He will fit in nicely with a veteran, well balanced hitting club like the Sawx.

Teams like the Nats/Baltimore are the types of teams that will sign Dunn, the complete opposite but are desperate for hitters.

im really not upset. id rather not overpay for this guy, especially when it means we'd have to give up mike lowell. and like ive said before, "in theowe trust"
laugh.gif

i think our final offer was 8 year, 180 million. the fact that we're a non-factor with that is nuts. but im glad we're sticking to our guns and notacting desperate as hell to sign this dude

8 years, 180 mil on a team that gives you a chance to win it all and it's not enough.

Turning down 180 mil to play on a crap team like the Nats is one thing, a team that could win you titles as well?

indifferent.gif
@ Tex

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

...and he's not going to the Nats. He will fit in nicely with a veteran, well balanced hitting club like the Sawx.

Teams like the Nats/Baltimore are the types of teams that will sign Dunn, the complete opposite but are desperate for hitters.
did you miss the memo that the Sawx are "not a factor" anymore?

it appears that the Nats and O's are in an intense battle for Tex' services
devil.gif

Originally Posted by JordanXI2001

did you miss the memo that the Sawx are "not a factor" anymore?

it appears that the Nats and O's are in an intense battle for Tex' services
devil.gif
you clearly don't know the history between boras and sox brass. it's like a poker game. im not saying we're gonna land him, butwe're still a factor, trust

That would be foolish thinking if you believe the Sox have retracted their offer, trust me they are playing poker right now.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by MJKIDD2345

Teixiera is not worth all that money.
Exactly,
eyes.gif
@ this guy getting paid more than Pujols. He couldn't carry Albert's jock strap.

Wow, that comes as a big shock to me that he makes more money that Pujols or will be making more money that him.

That would be foolish thinking if you believe the Sox have retracted their offer, trust me they are playing poker right now.

Exactly.

As much as it pains me to admit this, Theo isn't stupid.

Exactly,
eyes.gif
@ this guy getting paid more than Pujols. He couldn't carry Albert's jock strap.
exactly.....

imagine how much money pujols is gonna see when his contract is up
eek.gif

The Cardinals are going to have to give him part ownership to keep him. I can see the Yankees offereing him $300 million when that day comes.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Exactly,
eyes.gif
exactly.....

eek.gif
you know he's gonna be in pinstripes
frown.gif
mad.gif

It's alright..... 95% of the people who get mad about us buying players are just JEALOUS anyway that their teams don't or aren't able to spend as much $$$$$
One of the many reasons why I've never cared that people think the Yankees spend too much $
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Like I said in the CC thread, talking about a salary cap in baseball or how the Yankees foolishly spend on Free Agents automatically equals hateand/or jealousy,
roll.gif
roll.gif

As a baseball fan, I don't care that the Yankees spend foolishly, since that business model has not worked for them. In fact they are probably in line tohave the most FA agent busts ever. Put up a list of all the major contracts that the Yanks have doled out after '00 and tell me which ones have pannedout. I could only name one and that is Mike Mussina. The problem is that they inflate the market, so other teams have to overspend for a Gil Meche's ofthe world.

The funny thing is from '01 until now the Yanks have been the paper champions. Good on paper, but always falling short of the 'chip. They aren'teven the favorites to win their division anymore. Although the Red Sox spend money themselves, they find alternate methods of building their team. I actuallywant to praise the Red Sox for bowing out of the Teixeira bidding. 8 years, $180+ million when you already have two corner infielders locked up, that is onlya move the Yankees would make. Spending for the sake of spending, or just to show that you can spend, that is the Yankee way.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Exactly,
eyes.gif
exactly.....

eek.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif
i hope soooo....................

pujols playin for the yanks
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Exactly,
eyes.gif
exactly.....

eek.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif
i hope soooo....................

pujols playin for the yanks
pimp.gif

Keep dreaming
laugh.gif

Back