Marvel Video Games Thread :: Spider-Man 2 (PS5) Out Now!

Finished it over the weekend

-The open world stuff is fun for a few hours then it becomes bleh.

- Story is good to great

- I wish the swinging had much more things to do. I feel like I mastered it within 2 hours and then that was it. I wanted there to be a lot more

- I really hated the vast majority of suits. That’s nitpicky but I only liked 3 suits. Wish they were better

- stealth missions suck aside from Grand central station

- I actually liked the side missions. They weren’t overly involved.

- boss fights weren’t that great. Aside from the final 1

- the Martin Li saga was wrapped up horribly and left me thinking, that’s it?

- i wish they tied the gadgets to side missions instead of consumables. The base stuff isn’t fun to do after the first time. “Oh you wanna upgrade the impact web? Give me 3 base tokens and 3 challenge tokens”. Nah F that

- actually get rid of consumables all together. Keep the backpacks as Easter eggs and optional things and tie the gadgets and suits to story/side missions. Much like sunset overdrive

- Make the random crimes and robberies just drop generic money that can be used to buy upgrades for everything even skill points.

- The skill trees seem undercooked. Most of the perks didn’t add anything. I was still doing the base combo of under the legs then kick in the back.

It’s a good base but there’s a lot left to be desired. The swinging is fun but there’s gotta be more than that. I’m interested in seeing how it’s evolved in the sequel

Unlocked the white 2099 suit and got the trophies seeing Uncle Ben's grave and go to the top of Avengers tower.

I'm taking a break from the taskmaster challenges because for the life of me I can't swing and destroy bombs fast enough to get the top level.

- I wish the swinging had much more things to do. I feel like I mastered it within 2 hours and then that was it. I wanted there to be a lot more

It’s a good base but there’s a lot left to be desired. The swinging is fun but there’s gotta be more than that. I’m interested in seeing how it’s evolved in the sequel

What would you like to see them add to swinging?
I thought it was phenomenal. The web zips and adding tricks to do in the air for XP made it interesting. Granted, after awhile it does lose its freshness.

Easily the best web swinging we've seen in a Spidey game though.

- Story is good to great

- I really hated the vast majority of suits. That’s nitpicky but I only liked 3 suits. Wish they were better

- i wish they tied the gadgets to side missions instead of consumables. The base stuff isn’t fun to do after the first time. “Oh you wanna upgrade the impact web? Give me 3 base tokens and 3 challenge tokens”. Nah F that

- actually get rid of consumables all together. Keep the backpacks as Easter eggs and optional things and tie the gadgets and suits to story/side missions. Much like sunset overdrive

- Make the random crimes and robberies just drop generic money that can be used to buy upgrades for everything even skill points.

- The skill trees seem undercooked. Most of the perks didn’t add anything. I was still doing the base combo of under the legs then kick in the back.

Thanks for the honest review fam! Seems like a good game in the $29.99 (CDN) price range and not the present $79.99 (CDN) price range.

I thought it was phenomenal. The web zips and adding tricks to do in the air for XP made it interesting. Granted, after awhile it does lose its freshness.

I agree. I wish you could do more air tricks though.

- Story is good to great

I'm on the same boat as you regarding the suits. Through out the game I suits I used were: Scarlet Spider, Iron Spider, Stark Suit, Big Time and the MkIV armored suit.

I was kind of hoping for Symbiote suit, Ben Reilly other Spider-Man suit and a Future Foundation suit.

Interested in seeing what suits will come with the DLC.

I agree about the upgrade of gadgets. I don't like the fact that I have to get challenge tokens to complete my gadget upgrades. Also because I can't get the highest score on majority of the challenges lol.

And wish there was more collab missions with other characters.

I’m not saying it was bad. It was really good but I wish there were more to it. I want expanded tricks, maybe a web slingshot. Also anquick web shoot etc

Really? Were you playing on easy?
nah. I play my games on normal the first go through. The combat really isn’t hard unless they throw a bunch of heavies at you.

- Story is good to great

Interesting review however I'm not sure what else you could add to web swinging other than some other tricks. Also you might wanna check out the moves list....

I'm still only at 20% complete or so, but the backpacks/landmarks/police calls definitely gets boring after consistent repetition... :ohwell:

Thoroughly enjoying the main story/missions though! :pimp:

PO

I'm still only at 20% complete or so, but the backpacks/landmarks/police calls definitely gets boring after consistent repetition... :ohwell:

Thoroughly enjoying the main story/missions though! :pimp:

PO
Gotta space it out between the story. I'm definitely guilty of that as well though

I'd like to unlock the final costume, but having to search the entire map for secret photos is a waste of time in my opinion

I personally love traversing the city and finding backpack and random crimes. I’m only 64% of the game done. I still have side missions and plenty of Osborn research stations to do which are fun to me. Did the internet famous side mission last night and had so much fun. So clever. Even the drone challenges I get an enjoyment out of because it forces you to perfect web swinging. I’ve gotten an ultimate score on everyone so far

If you’re going for the platinum, don’t have those randomly generated crimes be the last thing to do, playing became such a grind for those to appear in each district.

Completed the game a couple nights ago. It was really fun but a few things I wish were done differently.
1. It was too easy. Granted I played on Amazing but I thought it was still easy. They should have used the map for only side and main mission markers, near by crimes, and maybe bases. Having the back packs, landmarks, pigeons, labs, etc. on the map made it to simple to collect. Should force the user to use R3 to scan more to find all that.
2. Boss battles should have been harder. Don't think final bosses should take one try to beat. The Scorpion and Rhino fight was actually harder for me.
3. This one might be a little nitpicky but I think all the crimes should involve some kind of chase. Like during a robbery after you beat up a couple criminals his boys flee by running or stealing a car and you have to chase. Make it a bit more realistic imo.

Disregard all of this if it's different in the harder difficulty.

Got platinum last night. First game I've ever done this lol.

The secret photos was a pain. I think When I got to Central Park and Upper West/East side, I just searched the locations on Google.

Ready for the DLC.

The city is effing huge. Without having those stuff on the map it'd be tooo hard to find lmao

Don't give insomniac any ideas, I thought it was the right kind of difficulty. I played on amazing as well

Man i need help with these challenges lol. I want that plat.

Game is dope tho. :pimp:

Story is really good

It looks like I'm going to be able to play spidey. I binged on spidey a bit on a day off this week. I only have the last spidey costume to unlock now. I only got gold on one taskmaster challenge but not blowing the challenge tokens on upgrades gave me enough tokens.

I really am not good enough to get the highest level on some of these taskmaster challenges. I really want to get more tokens to finish upgrading my gadgets...but it seems I won't be able to do that.

I'm not good enough either. I keep hearing that gold is easiest to get on combat and I've only managed silver on these combat challenges every time. :lol:

I've got gold on one challenge and it happened to be stealth. I can do those stealth challenges pretty damn fast lol. Not even scanning for threats. Knowing exactly which ones are safe. Knowing exactly which order you got to do to pick them off.

Man I’m getting that plat lmao

I got like 5-6 suits left which means i need about 5 golds i think. Gonna try my hardest when I’m off tomorrow.

Just got the full size art book, highly recommend it if you're a fan of the game/and or Spider-Man in general.
31245066888_91b478b3c8_z.jpg

Not my vid: Warning: contains spoilers just in case you haven't played or finished the game yet...

I remember in past Spidey game you could turbo swing after reaching a certain stats level. You can kind of do that in this game with the Velocity suit power, but it would be a cool addition

With the combat challenges speed is above everything else, don't worry too much about combos or health etc. Just hit 'em with Spider-bro and then a bunch of impact/bomb webs. Web them up as quickly as possible.

Speed is the most important factor in all of the challenges actually -obviously you still gotta be fairly good with all the other stuff, but a quick time will get you more points towards ultimate than any other factor.

Back
Top Bottom