MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3?

im playing training mode on VERY HARD to see if I can work on my melee with Deadpool and Doom cause im too accustomed to sitting on the side of the map playing keep away using Akuma as my knock away. I hope this works

:/

Originally Posted by Nash

this game feels like mvc2 for dummies
indifferent.gif

Its really not...you think its easier because they took out some of the buttons, but its undercover OD.

There's so much that you could do in terms of starting combos, and keeping combos going by doing a special move that pops up the enemy...its almost like ssf4 in terms of its technicality.

Its just not about doing the regular popups and air combos+assists anymore...

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

Coming into this game with the thinking the mechanics were going to be the same as MVC 2 has made this game a disappointment.
i wish you could customize da controls to marvel vs capcom 2 specs....
ohwell.gif

the only thing i hate about this is the X factor. i got the day off today so ill be on almost all day for anyone that wants a rematch or want to play.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Coming into this game with the thinking the mechanics were going to be the same as MVC 2 has made this game a disappointment.
ohwell.gif

if you could do that it would kinda be like playing MVC2 all over again..

I like this game because its a new and improved game..learing all the new specs is
pimp.gif
..  I played MVC2 out of bordem last night.. and

shook my head.. MVC3 is on another level in terms of greatness..

I am steady trying to make this captain America wolverine akuma trio work out but I am constantly getting rushed online..

Akuma demon rage is mad easy though..

maaaaaan someone beat me online so now im 6-1

dude had Sentinal, Deadpool, Magneto
rank 5 star general or some ****

Sentinal gave me the work and that was his only character I fought

its a shame that picking someone in your same range doesnt work right....im like an amateur fighting someone who was 146-41

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

ohwell.gif

if you could do that it would kinda be like playing MVC2 all over again..

I like this game because its a new and improved game..learing all the new specs is
pimp.gif
..  I played MVC2 out of bordem last night.. and

shook my head.. MVC3 is on another level in terms of greatness..
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

this game feels like mvc2 for dummies
indifferent.gif

Its really not...you think its easier because they took out some of the buttons, but its undercover OD.

There's so much that you could do in terms of starting combos, and keeping combos going by doing a special move that pops up the enemy...its almost like ssf4 in terms of its technicality.

Its just not about doing the regular popups and air combos+assists anymore...
k

k.

you mad  
grin.gif

ohwell.gif

mad.gif

I REALLY hate the tag system in this game. I wish I could change that.

I get what some of you guys are saying about MVC2, but that game is a decade old. They wanted everyone to have a fresh start and new challenge & system to get to know. It wouldn't be AS fun to me imo if the system was exactly the same. The joy of manning up so to speak, and training and learning the new mechanics the game offers more, and extends the fun factor. I'm not trying to play the same game with upgraded graphics and same combo schemes. I too felt your guy's pain, though. My first match I got schooled thinking everything was all good, and trying to launch pressing Down + mid ATK
laugh.gif
-- I also thought this game was MVC2 for dummies as well, but I think it's way more immerse w/ the air combo counters, x-factor and all of that. Mastering all this new info is a heavy task, but again, gives you more satisfaction in the end and extends fun factor. I'm all for it.

i'm still on the fence about this game. that player switch infinite thing sure is cheap. i'd prefer some assist spam type thing. at least you can block. eh whatever.

Originally Posted by proper english

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 @ "k" what kinda idiot response is that?
u want MvC2? MvC2 character count? MvC2 button setup?.. go play MvC2.. 
grin.gif

dude sounded like a pissed off girlfriend with that "k" nonsense 
roll.gif

sooo after two nights of playing this

phoenix is a beast when she goes into Dark Phoenix mode+ level 3 x factor....single handedly took out a couple 3 member teams with her alone....!

trish is one of my favorites to play with, but still has a lot of work to do

Haggar combined with a good assist, is soooo fun to play with. lmh combo, into qcf HP, launcher, aerial, pipe.... amazing...!

i expected more from Deadpool, maybe he just needs more time.

Dante is too damn complicated right now, need to go into training mode/mission mode more

all mission 8,9, and 10s suck when it involves tagging in a partner to get a specific hit in to advance the combo....hate it, but it should be alright

wesker ultra 1 is ridiculous, along with wesker combo's being blocked, then cancelling into a teleport to start it over again....goodness!!!

more time and practice will be needed, but i'm enjoying this game more then i thought i would, and galactus is a pushover!

Originally Posted by proper english

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 @ "k" what kinda idiot response is that?
u want MvC2? MvC2 character count? MvC2 button setup?.. go play MvC2.. 
grin.gif
preach
i hate when people try to knock a new game by wishing it was like a old game...

ill buy every dlc they put out...but there better not be "super marvel vs capcom 3" to make small fixes like viewing lobby and such 

I've been running with the god squad. Thor,Amatersu and Storm. Storm and Ammy can be a huge problem to a team that gets over confident. Thor can hold off an entire team until they get me with air combos and double teams. Yo who do u you counter in this game.

Originally Posted by Air Freshh 23

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Lobby up, we got 5 already.
Without Spectator mode? dudes won't be there for long, it gets boring quick in the lobby.
Nah bro, we clock out another 4 hours last night. Although spectator mode is sorely needed, the lobby provides the lulz while we wait, good games all around. 
Me, Battousai, Disgaea, Dmasta, xSupreme87, Hybrid Solider, Azteca83

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Lobby will be up again tonight.

Originally Posted by jfreak23

the only thing i hate about this is the X factor. i got the day off today so ill be on almost all day for anyone that wants a rematch or want to play.

At you sending me the "GG" message. Thanks. But they were good games for you
laugh.gif
When you fight me it must feel like your in training mode
30t6p3b.gif

I'm trying to train with my girl team first. Morgan, Hsien-Ko, and Phoenix.

Morgan is great in this game. I like that her dash can get her all the way across the screen. Her mirror hyper thing is cool, even though sometimes I get confused using it
ohwell.gif
Only thing I don't care for is her Hyper with the rockets. Haven't been able to connect with it since it's slow.

Hsien-Ko is fun to use. Most people probably will not use her, but after looking at the strategy someone posted a couple pages back, she has potential to be
pimp.gif
She has range, projectiles, can reflect (some) projectiles, can dash through projectiles, and her assist seem to be good so far.

Phoenix is just a
pimp.gif
character period. Jean is one of my favorite mutants, so I had to %$+ her. And when she goes into dark phoenix
devil.gif
I had her take out a whole team on a few occasions. But yea, her health sucks, so I also had her die on MANY occasions. Sometimes when she was assisting:wow: And her voice is
pimp.gif
"I'll take your power"

Anyone have a spot that their willing to share that still has the SE edition. I'm getting impatient waiting from CD Universe. I really want to play already. 
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom