Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

Shut up bro. The news thought it was as well. ETA reading above a mass shooting is considered to be 4 or more people shot in a single incident. The 2 mentioned in Chicago each had more than 5.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/chicag...e-neighborhood-seven-dead-40-wounded-weekend/

This thread deals with a different type of shooting though. Can't you see the difference between what happened in El Paso and what happened in Philly/Chicago?

The mass shootings this thread was created for the ones perpetrated by someone who had specific intent after clear premeditation and random victims.

This thread deals with a different type of shooting though. Can't you see the difference between what happened in El Paso and what happened in Philly/Chicago?

The mass shootings this thread was created for the ones perpetrated by someone who had specific intent after clear premeditation and random victims.

thank you, but some people still cant see that for some reason

incidents like these are why police keep ARs and tac gear around. Because as long as the criminals have em, police cant get rid of em. And ironically, this is precisely why its dumb to think regular citizens turning all of their weapons in would be a good thing. This is an example, and the famous california bank robbery/hostage situation is an example. Criminals simply dont care about the law

I said 3 days ago I got it, the specific added criteria of the thread, and left it alone but got dragged back into it by someone who couldnt let it go. Calling me dumb when the event was reported as mass shootings as well as fitting the posted definition of a mass shooting.

incidents like these are why police keep ARs and tac gear around. Because as long as the criminals have em, police cant get rid of em. And ironically, this is precisely why its dumb to think regular citizens turning all of their weapons in would be a good thing. This is an example, and the famous california bank robbery/hostage situation is an example. Criminals simply dont care about the law

no one ever said everyone needs to turn in all their weapons.

I said 3 days ago I got it, the specific added criteria of the thread, and left it alone but got dragged back into it by someone who couldnt let it go. Calling me dumb when the event was reported as mass shootings as well as fitting the posted definition of a mass shooting.

They should change the name of the thread to" terrorist mass shootings" then

imma just assume you havent been reading here, or anywhere on the internet long when it comes to these mass shootings.

What I have been reading is that they want stricter gun laws (including myself) to ban assualt high capacity guns and make it harder for people all over to country to get guns in general. I would be silly to ask people to turn in their guns at this point, I just want these shootings to happen less frequently and with laws being passed maybe we can have 2-3 less of these shootings a year.

Oh so he’s white?

UR55BV0.png

What I have been reading is that they want stricter gun laws (including myself) to ban assualt high capacity guns and make it harder for people all over to country to get guns in general. I would be silly to ask people to turn in their guns at this point, I just want these shootings to happen less frequently and with laws being passed maybe we can have 2-3 less of these shootings a year.

for educations sake.. there is no such thing as a high capacity gun. the magazine/clip determines how many rounds will be fired for the most part. and if a gun is semi-automatic (99% chance it is cuz automatics are hell to get legally for citizens) then it shoots as fast as you can pull the trigger. So when media says this gun fires 30 rounds per second etc etc.... thats the capability of a machine firing it. No person can shoot that fast.

So when it comes down to reality, a semi auto handgun can be fired as fast as the rifles being used. except you can easily shoot two handguns at the same time. rifle rounds just do more damage. all of this is super simplified but yea. u get it.

and plenty of people have called for all out bans of all guns, plenty have called for bans of all semi-auto weapons, plenty have called for bans of all rifles. its everywhere. when i say plenty i mean in the millions lol.

for educations sake.. there is no such thing as a high capacity gun. the magazine/clip determines how many rounds will be fired for the most part. and if a gun is semi-automatic (99% chance it is cuz automatics are hell to get legally for citizens) then it shoots as fast as you can pull the trigger. So when media says this gun fires 30 rounds per second etc etc.... thats the capability of a machine firing it. No person can shoot that fast.

So when it comes down to reality, a semi auto handgun can be fired as fast as the rifles being used. except you can easily shoot two handguns at the same time. rifle rounds just do more damage. all of this is super simplified but yea. u get it.

and plenty of people have called for all out bans of all guns, plenty have called for bans of all semi-auto weapons, plenty have called for bans of all rifles. its everywhere. when i say plenty i mean in the millions lol.
accurate.

we do need reform but we also need education and a lot of ppl speaking (not talking about on NT) have no idea what they're talking about a lot of the time in regards to this subject.

tekthemaestro tekthemaestro thanks for that, I dont know much about the technicalities of guns.

All I know is that guns that can mow down 10+ people in seconds are NOT needed by the average citizens. Yes, a gun for protection but a gun like the dude that was shooting from the Las Vegas hotel. Hell no

And people feel they need an equal gun to contest with it :smh: like they're really good be in a wild west shootout with ARs

tekthemaestro tekthemaestro thanks for that, I dont know much about the technicalities of guns.

All I know is that guns that can mow down 10+ people in seconds are NOT needed by the average citizens. Yes, a gun for protection but a gun like the dude that was shooting from the Las Vegas hotel. Hell no
you can do that with any semi auto tho.
that's why we need to seriously have an educated discussion as a country on what to do.
one can get a drum or a 30 round magazine orwhatever online.

I think most ppl are thinking that if ar's and ak's are taken away everything will be ok.
it feels like most ppl want revolvers or non semi auto shotguns to be the only thing out but don't realize its what they're calling for.

Most guns can now people down in seconds if you know what you are doing.

just throwing it out there rifle rounds just dont deal more damage but they have more velocity and range than a normal pistol ammo. Las vegas shooter would not done as much damage with a pistol from where he was shooting from.

thats y we noncrazy gun owners gotta educate and tell the real. guns are every bit as scary as these shootings make them seem... and also not as scary, statistically. in the hands of an amateur a handgun can fire off 30 rounds in problably like 7 seconds. you have to know any semi-automatic is gonna do damage ESPECIALLY close range. the las vegas dude skirted a law that shouldve been in place this entire time.

he took his semi auto rifles and modded them with a bump stock. remember when i said a human cant shoot that fast? its a mod that uses the recoil from the first shot, to fire the next shot. so it essentially bypasses human limitations and turns any semi auto into a fully automatic. now theyre banned iirc thanks to trump. shouldve been banned decades ago.

here is a problem you have to deal with when it comes to gun laws. a fully auto weapon is EXTREMELY hard to get for the average person. but there are mods like the bump stock that make them unnecessary. the laws are SO finnicky and full of loop holes and they all need to be closed. here is an example of the bs gun laws i used way back in the thread.

EXAMPLE:

the law prohibits Short Barrel Shotguns (think of the sawed off shotguns u always see in movies) and has outlawed them because theyre high damage and can be concealed too easily. theyre not ILLEGAL, just highly prohibited and you have to jump through 15 hoops. have it registered with 2 agencies etc etc. a SBS is defined as any shotgun with a barrel under 18 inches long.

this is a fostech shotgun. notice the long barrel
ft-12-18_1.jpg

it becomes a SBS just by changing the barrel. this version of the gun requires registration with the ATF which takes nearly a year, and an extra two tax stamps + charges, fingerprint registration with local law enforcement, passport photos updated and sent to 2 different agencies etc etc etc. all of this...cuz the barrel changed. u see it below.

ft-12-nti-sbs.jpg

so to go around jumping thru all those hoops, this company created a 3rd version of the shotgun. instead.... its called an sbV. This is classified by the govt as a regular general firearm. Since its a regular firearm, you get to circumvent 99% of the hoops nd registrations above. Why? Cuz instead of the stock on the back... it has a "brace" which apparently is different. the brace on the back is to help with recoil, instead of being there to help with aim like a typical stock. thats it. so a brace is intended to not be put on the shoulder, BUT IT CAN..... and a stock is intended to be put on the shoulder.

Fostech-origin-12-sbv.jpg

the difference between the 3 guns is literally barrel length, and whether the backpiece is a "stock" or "brace." and those slight alterations have ridiculous effects on who can and can't own them, and what hoops u have to jump through to get em. all 3 guns are the exact same other than that. this is why gun law is difficult. its intentionally done in a way to leave loopholes like crazy and things are left to interpretation. so even if u ban a certain type of thing, they change out ONE piece and its called something different.

itd be like trying to ban or regulate pickles, but cucumbers left in vinegar are fine.

just throwing it out there rifle rounds just dont deal more damage but they have more velocity and range than a normal pistol ammo. Las vegas shooter would not done as much damage with a pistol from where he was shooting from.

im not here to argue these kind of details... but you're really just wrong. a 9mm from a handgun will not do the damage a .223/5.56/308/300/7.62 etc etc will do from the same range. even logically, an object moving faster will do more damage when it hits something.

vs

They should change the name of the thread to" terrorist mass shootings" then
Yes. I mentioned a 'mass shooting' in Brooklyn a few pages before I mentioned Chicago, and the mayor of NY was just forced to apologize for stating that it wasn't by fellow politicians. Thread title def misleading.

thats y we noncrazy gun owners gotta educate and tell the real. guns are every bit as scary as these shootings make them seem... and also not as scary, statistically. in the hands of an amateur a handgun can fire off 30 rounds in problably like 7 seconds. you have to know any semi-automatic is gonna do damage ESPECIALLY close range. the las vegas dude skirted a law that shouldve been in place this entire time.

he took his semi auto rifles and modded them with a bump stock. remember when i said a human cant shoot that fast? its a mod that uses the recoil from the first shot, to fire the next shot. so it essentially bypasses human limitations and turns any semi auto into a fully automatic. now theyre banned iirc thanks to trump. shouldve been banned decades ago.

here is a problem you have to deal with when it comes to gun laws. a fully auto weapon is EXTREMELY hard to get for the average person. but there are mods like the bump stock that make them unnecessary. the laws are SO finnicky and full of loop holes and they all need to be closed. here is an example of the bs gun laws i used way back in the thread.

EXAMPLE:

the law prohibits Short Barrel Shotguns (think of the sawed off shotguns u always see in movies) and has outlawed them because theyre high damage and can be concealed too easily. theyre not ILLEGAL, just highly prohibited and you have to jump through 15 hoops. have it registered with 2 agencies etc etc. a SBS is defined as any shotgun with a barrel under 18 inches long.

this is a fostech shotgun. notice the long barrel
ft-12-18_1.jpg

it becomes a SBS just by changing the barrel. this version of the gun requires registration with the ATF which takes nearly a year, and an extra two tax stamps + charges, fingerprint registration with local law enforcement, passport photos updated and sent to 2 different agencies etc etc etc. all of this...cuz the barrel changed. u see it below.

ft-12-nti-sbs.jpg

so to go around jumping thru all those hoops, this company created a 3rd version of the shotgun. instead.... its called an sbV. This is classified by the govt as a regular general firearm. Since its a regular firearm, you get to circumvent 99% of the hoops nd registrations above. Why? Cuz instead of the stock on the back... it has a "brace" which apparently is different. the brace on the back is to help with recoil, instead of being there to help with aim like a typical stock. thats it. so a brace is intended to not be put on the shoulder, BUT IT CAN..... and a stock is intended to be put on the shoulder.

Fostech-origin-12-sbv.jpg

the difference between the 3 guns is literally barrel length, and whether the backpiece is a "stock" or "brace." and those slight alterations have ridiculous effects on who can and can't own them, and what hoops u have to jump through to get em. all 3 guns are the exact same other than that. this is why gun law is difficult. its intentionally done in a way to leave loopholes like crazy and things are left to interpretation. so even if u ban a certain type of thing, they change out ONE piece and its called something different.

itd be like trying to ban or regulate pickles, but cucumbers left in vinegar are fine.

Excellent breakdown.

If I put a stock or certain length barrel on my AR pistol, hell if I even have certain parts NEAR it, I’m committing a felony no questions asked. But as it sits now it’s fine.

Really doesn’t make sense - but it’s legal.

Yes. I mentioned a 'mass shooting' in Brooklyn a few pages before I mentioned Chicago, and the mayor of NY was just forced to apologize for stating that it wasn't by fellow politicians. Thread title def misleading.

I didnt agree with the politician, it was a gang beef one guy was killed and a couple people injured. The silly politician was saying the mayor was racist.

Its kinda annoying she did that

Excellent breakdown.

If I put a stock or certain length barrel on my AR pistol, hell if I even have certain parts NEAR it, I’m committing a felony no questions asked. But as it sits now it’s fine.

Really doesn’t make sense - but it’s legal.

exactly. people have to UNDERSTAND the issue with gun laws, before they try to change them. this is a major reason why gun laws wont change. people come in and say ban these military grade assault rifle carbine extendo sticks and the govt and NRA laughs at em cuz its nonsense. they waive it all off as ignorance and it doesnt even make it to the floor.

but if people came and could REALLY articulate the issues and what they want done.... theyd have better luck. the fact that the plastic triangle on the back of the gun determines whether its legal or illegal, whether its a shotgun, or a shortbarrel shotgun, or a firearm, or an AOW (any other weapon - yes... this is literally a category with its own different ruleset) is ridiculous. and u have to KNOW about that, in order to tell them to fix it. just like nobody wanted to vote to get rid of bump stocks, until las vegas.

they dont want to change ANYTHING until they have to. knowledge is the first step

Back
Top Bottom