Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

I don’t think the father had any clue his son was planning something so terrible. I don’t think any parent does.

Prosecutors in suburban Detroit on Wednesday charged a 15-year-old boy with terrorism and first-degree murder in connection with the deaths of four of his classmates in a shooting spree on Tuesday at Oxford High School.

The boy, Ethan Crumbley, was being charged as an adult, said Karen D. McDonald, the Oakland County prosecutor. In addition to four counts of first-degree murder and one count of terrorism causing death, Mr. Crumbley faces seven counts of assault with intent to murder and 12 counts of possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony.

Ms. McDonald said she is also considering charges against the suspect’s parents, who had a face-to-face meeting with school officials the morning of the shooting about the suspect’s behavior in the classroom, according to the Oakland County sheriff, Michael Bouchard.

The announcement of charges came just hours after a fourth student, Justin Shilling, 17, died at about 10 a.m. at McLaren Oakland Hospital in Pontiac, Mich., the authorities said.

Prosecutors in suburban Detroit on Wednesday charged a 15-year-old boy with terrorism and first-degree murder in connection with the deaths of four of his classmates in a shooting spree on Tuesday at Oxford High School.

The boy, Ethan Crumbley, was being charged as an adult, said Karen D. McDonald, the Oakland County prosecutor. In addition to four counts of first-degree murder and one count of terrorism causing death, Mr. Crumbley faces seven counts of assault with intent to murder and 12 counts of possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony.

Ms. McDonald said she is also considering charges against the suspect’s parents, who had a face-to-face meeting with school officials the morning of the shooting about the suspect’s behavior in the classroom, according to the Oakland County sheriff, Michael Bouchard.

The announcement of charges came just hours after a fourth student, Justin Shilling, 17, died at about 10 a.m. at McLaren Oakland Hospital in Pontiac, Mich., the authorities said.

In addition, the kid has been uncooperative with authorities, which makes me suspect that the parents might have something to do with it.
Unlikely, but not impossible.

The dad full well better be in prison... tonight.

So many failures. The parenting. The school security. The "child". Id bet GOOD money he was on SSRIs.

The dad full well better be in prison... tonight.

So many failures. The parenting. The school security. The "child". Id bet GOOD money he was on SSRIs.

giphy.gif

Oh hell no I’m not buying this argument. Might as well slip in “he was always a good kid”
Not sure what to tell you G. I’ve heard mothers talk to one another talk about the disappointment they feel when their daughters or sons do something foul. They’re always surprised to find out the dirt uncoverved once it hits them. Just saying.

I also read that the parents are urging him not to talk which is trash.

I'm no parent, but if I my kid just randomly killed 4 people, injured several others, was caught red handed, and for all intents and purposes destroyed an entire community I'd give him up on a silver platter.

But again, I'm not a parent so maybe actual parents can chime in.

I also read that the parents are urging him not to talk which is trash.

I'm no parent, but if I my kid just randomly killed 4 people, injured several others, was caught red handed, and for all intents and purposes destroyed an entire community I'd give him up on a silver platter.

But again, I'm not a parent so maybe actual parents can chime in.
My kids did this I’d, 1. Knew it was coming because I’m not a POS parent 2. Would disown them

Back
Top Bottom