Method Man, Ghostface & Raekwon On Waka Flocka. 2/24/10 Waka Flocka Responds (video on page 1)

smh.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iLLscan

When did honesty become taboo in hip hop?
when it started comin wit a double standard... they can call waka wack but joe budden cant say meth will get murdered in a battle... hmmmm

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by iLLscan

When did honesty become taboo in hip hop?
When it became full of hate and contradictory statements.
when it started comin wit a double standard... they can call waka wackbut joe budden cant say meth will get murdered in a battle... hmmmm

It's still honest tho. Yall dudes just come off angrier than the ppl you claim are mad.

Aint like Budden can't say what he thinks. He just reaped the repercussions of constantly saying it among other things.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

I agree with wacka on his response some dudes only want hip hop to be one dimensional and I know wu tang got history and all that but what you call hip hop is not law homie and there is no reason to blame the fans for it for the simple reason they are fans there the people that buy the music because they like it and what really kills me about these type of comments about some hip hop� http://www.youtube.com/v/HGj1RvOo-2g?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/HGj1RvOo-2g?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata http://www.youtube.com/v/HGj1RvOo-2g?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/HGj1RvOo-2g?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata http://www.youtube.com/v/HGj1RvOo-2g?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/HGj1RvOo-2g?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata being dance music like they weren't dancing in the rappers delight video
It's one thing to make music to dance to, it's another to make music about a dance. I personally hate all that @$%#. Dudes really have no creativity. The name of the song is about a dance, the name of the dance is mentioned in the verses 3+ times
indifferent.gif

Yea, it's all in fun, but at what point do u change it up and rap about somethin w/ substance? And no how many bricks u flip aint substance.� And I'm not even talkin bout the South, I'm talkin bout that type of music in general.

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

So these dudes could disrespect a region but its blasphemy for joe budden to speak on them
grin.gif
U kno, that's the first thing that came to mind when I first heard this interview. I understand dudes are certified legends in the game, no denyin that, but at the same time they grown !%% men and get all butt hurt when somebody who is clearly on his @$%# right now says that if they were to battle in this day that he would win. I honestly lost respect for dude after this. I still like em as artists but that's just sad
why is it so wrong to make a song about a dance it all fall in the same category to me for example stanky leg and lets say low by flo-rida would be looked at as a dance song even though stanky leg is actually a dance nobody would look at it any different and the same dudes would be #@!%$@^ about it I hate when dudes put hip hop music in a little one dimensional box this is the only genre of music where cats #@!$ about the most stupidest $#!%
It aint got nothin do w/ puttin Hip Hop in a one-dimensional box. U gotta look at the difference between those two songs u mentioned. One is sayin Stanky Leg this and that, we know what dance u doin, now what else u got to tell us? nothin. Oh, that's right, ur bro is doin the stanky leg too, that's some new info
eyes.gif
. Flo-Rida, though wasn't on no knowledge kickin $$##, which it shouldn't be since it's a dance/club song, was actually rappin within context. Like I said there's a difference between songs for dance and songs about a dance.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
no bro I see both of those songs in the same light nether had any context they are strictly songs for the club even if one is about a dance in itself its the same thing to me and why would these artist need to switch it up for if they only want to make music to dance to i dont see anybody saying that lupe need to switch it up and make a club song to get on the radio let them folks stay in there lane and do them and most of the time the rappers that people say have context in there music really dont be talking about $#!% you just like the lyrics
Well that's the way u see it. however,

�lyrics while not talkin bout !$@#>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> No lyrics and not talkin bout !$@#
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  cant disagree with that one

You know what I don't even blame the garbage rappers anymore. I blame the labels. Hiphop like anything needs balance. It is so lopsided and uneven now that it exposes the garbage rappers for what they really are. I know it will never get back to where it was. Wu-Tang is the best though word up..Wu-tang 4ever album sounds like it could be released in any era that's how hard the beats and lyrics are. One of the best albums ever put out

I respect what Waka said

I'm not even a fan of Waka but Oh lets do it crank

I been messing wit Gucci for since 07 tho

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

What makes them not relevent ANYmore??

If I recall correctly Raekwon's last album was rated top 10 by Time magazine, received rave reviews from damn near every magazine, and sold pretty well for an independent album...

Rae pushed 68K his first week & debuted Top 5 ... Gucci did 89K debut @ #10
1) That's a Rae album not a Wu album
2)Nobody outside of the 4 buroughs checkin' for Rae.

And I don't know what they did their 1st weeks but Gucci is at 278k right now and Raekwon is at 137k. That's if you want to compare album sales. And ever since when is getting a good review from a magazine mean your relevant? It means you had a solid album.
Its actually Rae Featuring Ghostface (as clearly stated on the cover of the album)... 2/3 of those speaking on the subject...

and Rae is on an independent label in comparison to Gucci and his major label marketing...

How is Rae NOT relevent?? Just dropped a critically acclaimed album on an independent label, that debuted in the Billboard top 5... Waka Flocka hasn't sold 1 record, so how is HE more relevent than Rae?? Someone whos internationally recognized... Waka has ONE song, that makes him relevent?? But Rae/Ghost/Meth are legends (even Waka asknowledged as much), but they're somehow not relevent... OK

And if we compare album sales:
Rae - 137K
Waka - 0

2) Nobody outside of the 4 buroughs checkin' for Rae.

indifferent.gif

Its 5 buroughs...

How money gon say nobody is checking for Rae when his album was heralded by most as the best hip-hop album of last year, he's been touring, he sold 194K copies INDEPENDENTLY.. it makes no logical sense to make a claim like that. Just because YOU aren't checking for his music doesn't mean others aren't.

Waka is in high demand but I guarantee if he were to drop an album it won't scan more than 150K in total sales.. and this is an artist whose "in demand"

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

How money gon say nobody is checking for Rae when his album was heralded by most as the best hip-hop album of last year, he's been touring, he sold 194K copies INDEPENDENTLY.. it makes no logical sense to make a claim like that. Just because YOU aren't checking for his music doesn't mean others aren't.

Waka is in high demand but I guarantee if he were to drop an album it won't scan more than 150K in total sales.. and this is an artist whose "in demand"

Nobody checkin for him.

If I recall correctly Raekwon's last album was rated top 10 by Time magazine, received rave reviews from damn near every magazine, and sold pretty well for an independent album...

And I don't know what they did their 1st weeks but Gucci is at 278k right now and Raekwon is at 137k. That's if you want to compare album sales. And ever since when is getting a good review from a magazine mean your relevant? It means you had a solid album.
Its actually Rae Featuring Ghostface (as clearly stated on the cover of the album)... 2/3 of those speaking on the subject...

and Rae is on an independent label in comparison to Gucci and his major label marketing...

How is Rae NOT relevent?? Just dropped a critically acclaimed album on an independent label, that debuted in the Billboard top 5... Waka Flocka hasn't sold 1 record, so how is HE more relevent than Rae?? Someone whos internationally recognized... Waka has ONE song, that makes him relevent?? But Rae/Ghost/Meth are legends (even Waka asknowledged as much), but they're somehow not relevent... OK

Rae - 137K
Waka - 0

indifferent.gif

Its 5 buroughs...
laugh.gif
 son said 4

Originally Posted by Wade187

I see where they coming from and I see where he coming from. It aint even about being salty. It basically has to do with your take on music. These dudes put their heart and soul into the music, they really have love for it and are passionate about it. So for them its hard to comprehend that not all artist feel that way. Waka aint about substance and music to him is just music. Him saying why get mad over music shows that to him it's just a pass time/job while these dudes live for this !%@$. He's having fun with it while they have genuine love for it. That love kinda makes them contradict them selves they are critical yet get ultra defensive about their music. Thats a piece of them so they take it personally, and they also take it personally when people do something they find disrespectful to the art. Which is why they just seem like some old salty dudes. They gotta understand that a lot of what their saying can apply to their own camp. I mean look at Ghost people at one point didn't respect him as lyrical and thought he was just blabbering while others thought he was genius. ODB had no cadence, wasn't lyrical, and only really had his rawness and soul going for him. Every artist is different and has different approach to the music. It is what it is

I'm checking for Rae and just made a TRU (No Limit) appreciation post the other day.

Some of you cats seem to think that if you like Wu-Tang then you only listen to one type of hip-hop. Wrong.

I'm from the South and jam with Southern acts that have lyrics and substance as well as West Coast artists, Midwest artist and so on IF you have some lyrics and substance. (not claiming No Limit had lyrics, just saying... )

I can't even condition myself to listen to a lot of what's popular right now, not because I'm a "hater" but because it lacks substance. If I wanted to trance out to a repetetive chant, I would've been gotten into a different style of music, but hip-hop isn't about chanted hooks and no lyrics.

"I'm sick of ya, corny beats and crowd involved hooks, cus I'm a thinker..."

While I can appreciate the hustle of a dude like Waka, be real for minute, the majority of that dude's audience is stupid and can't follow lyrics. Not all, but most.

So I guess if nothing else, I applaud Waka for making elementary level music for the people who find thinking tiresome or boring.

Rae - 137K
Waka - 0

indifferent.gif

Its 5 buroughs...
4 buroughs or 5 whatever
roll.gif
I don't know i'm not from up there but it still stands true. Nobody checkin' for Rae outside of the FIVE buroughs how about that? And Raekwon sold 137k albums. Indie which is a good look no doubt but man that dude ain't relevant anymore. This is a young mans game. Nobody checking for old heads rapping unless its Jay-Z and a few others. You dudes kill me how ya'll will defend a Wu member like they're ya'll lord and savior.

And I never said Wacka was more relevant than Raekwon. I think that's the whole point Wacka was trying to make. He's trying to get where Raekwon and the Wu are at. He only has one song and i'm not even sure if that one song is a hit or not. I wasn't referring to whether Wacka was relevant or not because I honestly don't know. But I do know if Wacka Flocka is coming to to do a show he's gonna sell that *$* out off of O Let's Do It alone.

And Asylum is far from a major label. Especially since they ship about half of the albums out that a major label does.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Some of you cats seem to think that if you like Wu-Tang then you only listen to one type of hip-hop. Wrong.

WhileI can appreciate the hustle of a dude like Waka, be real for minute,the majority of that dude's audience is stupid and can't follow lyrics.Not all, but most.
laugh.gif
How are you gonna make the 1st statement about people assuming that ifyou like Wu you like more than one type of hip hop but then come backwith the majority of the people who listen to Wacka can't follow lyricsor are stupid?

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Howmoney gon say nobody is checking for Rae when his album was heralded bymost as the best hip-hop album of last year, he's been touring, he sold194K copies INDEPENDENTLY.. it makes no logical sense to make a claimlike that. Just because YOU aren't checking for his music doesn't meanothers aren't.

Waka is in high demand but I guarantee if hewere to drop an album it won't scan more than 150K in total sales.. andthis is an artist whose "in demand"
Here ya'll go withthis *$* again. Because a album gets good reviews means its relevantnow? Q TIP's Renaissance was highly regarded but did that make Tiprelevant? And Raekwon is at 137k. Where you getting that 197k numberfrom? Even 137k is good for a indie. I just don't believe that makesyou relevant.

Originally Posted by JordanNB23

Youknow what I don't even blame the garbage rappers anymore. I blame thelabels. Hiphop like anything needs balance. It is so lopsided anduneven now that it exposes the garbage rappers for what they reallyare. I know it will never get back to where it was. Wu-Tang is the bestthough word up..Wu-tang 4ever album sounds like it could be released inany era that's how hard the beats and lyrics are. One of the bestalbums ever put out

Why blame the labels? They're justputting out what's selling. We're the problem. We'd rather download aRaekwon and Ghostface album than buy it. Its fact. But females will goout and buy a Trey Songz and Drake mixtape so labels are gonna put outmore Drake and Trey Songz albums compared to dropping a Raekwon albumwhere fans aren't gonna purchase it.

Rae - 137K
Waka - 0

indifferent.gif

Its 5 buroughs...

4 buroughs or 5 whatever
roll.gif
I don't know i'm not from up there but it still stands true. Nobody checkin' for Rae outside of the FIVE buroughs how about that? And Raekwon sold 137k albums. Indie which is a good look no doubt but man that dude ain't relevant anymore.
If you don't even know how many burroughs there are in the city how can you be so sure to know what Ns is listenin to??... OK

So Rae dropped a good album, that had good results on an Indie, debut in the Billboard Top 5 but he still isn't relevent??... OK

You dudes kill me how ya'll will defend a Wu member like they're ya'll lord and savior.
Pretty ironic... Coming from someone that will defend ANY one regardless of talent level, as long as their from the south...

And I never said Wacka was more relevant than Raekwon. I think that's the whole point Wacka was trying to make. He's trying to get where Raekwon and the Wu are at.
So Rae is irrelevent, yet Waka is tryin to get to where they are... OK

And Asylum is far from a major label. Especially since they ship about half of the albums out that a major label does.
Warner_Bros._Records_Logo_2002.png

OK...

i don't understand how someone can clain raekown is "irelevant" when his album was rated as

one of da top albums last year by rolling stone.....and i ain't even gonna talk about da massive praise

it got in da hiphop community.... NTers like to talk out they !!! it seems...
grin.gif

raekwon is irrelevant... the only people who actin like he isnt are from the east coast...

do yall know what relevant means? he gets no radio play... and when u been in the game for like 18 years debuting in the top 5 aint @$+% if u got some decent fans... especially if u drop in a weak week...

nay u think maino is dope...

and ninjahood... we all know u like wackness...

some people make dumb comments in here just like the soundscan threads.

Waka made good points.dude really know what he be talking bout...

Rae - 137K
Waka - 0

indifferent.gif

Its 5 buroughs...
4 buroughs or 5 whatever
roll.gif
I don't know i'm not from up there but it still stands true. Nobody checkin' for Rae outside of the FIVE buroughs how about that? And Raekwon sold 137k albums. Indie which is a good look no doubt but man that dude ain't relevant anymore.
If you don't even know how many burroughs there are in the city how can you be so sure to know what Ns is listenin to??... OK

So Rae dropped a good album, that had good results on an Indie, debut in the Billboard Top 5 but he still isn't relevent??... OK

Because i'm not in the 5 burroughs so i'm not biased. You in the burroughs. Your opinion is skewed. If you were from Alabama or California I could respect your opinion. But you over here cheering for the hometown team. You opinion is skewed.
Pretty ironic... Coming from someone that will defend ANY one regardless of talent level, as long as their from the south...
Ironic? I'm not defending Wacka Flocka. I replied to this topic because it was Wu hating again. That's what i'm against. Its not that i'm pro Wacka or even anti-Wu. I'm just anti-old heads who aren't relevant anymore but try to stay relevant by ishin' on young heads in the game.

So Rae is irrelevent, yet Waka is tryin to get to where they are... OK
No not where they are at now. I'm speaking on where they were in the 90's when they were relevant. Back when "Meth was hanging from the bars on the bus.....".
Warner_Bros._Records_Logo_2002.png

OK...
Asylum is a indie label. Gucci may have distribution through Warner but Asylum handled the album. Asylum doesn't ship out nearly the same amount of albums that Interscope or Def Jam does. Like I said, Raekwon sold 137k. That's a good drop for a indie album. Even with "GREAT REVIEWS!!!".
laugh.gif
Good for Rae. More artists should go this route.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

raekwon is irrelevant... the only people who actin like he isnt are from the east coast...

do yall know what relevant means? he gets no radio play... and when u been in the game for like 18 years debuting in the top 5 aint @$+% if u got some decent fans... especially if u drop in a weak week...

nay u think maino is dope...

and ninjahood... we all know u like wackness...
laugh.gif
Its the truth though. Nay gonna give Maino a pass though because he's a "Real N". Real N's can make garbage music since they're real.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Do YOU know what relevent means??

He dropped the SAME week as Steadman...

Who else has been in the game "18 years" that debut in the top 5 in the past couble years??... I'm sure you should have a laundry list since its not difficult to do and all...

laugh.gif
Its the truth though. Nay gonna give Maino a pass though because he's a "Real N". Real N's can make garbage music since they're real. 
Maino's album was good... I'm sure you and TIME didn't even hear it... But you claim Maino makes garbage music meanwhile you support Wacka Flocka Flame...

You REALLY wanna talk about bias??

Back
Top Bottom