Michael Jordan - How Quickly They Forget (MJ vs Lebron)

i'm curious. Do people even know that scottie Pippen was on the team those 3 straight times detroit swept the bulls?

because all i see is "oh he had scottie, why would he bounce?"

i'm curious. Do people even know that scottie Pippen was on the team those 3 straight times detroit swept the bulls?

because all i see is "oh he had scottie, why would he bounce?"

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Originally Posted by D723

Originally Posted by knightngale

did mj ever choke a game away in the finals with 2 superstar players by his side?
nerd.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
Man shut your dumb @@% up, $%%# boy. 

MJ NEVER got swept like the big guy in your avatar. 

Did you guys actually watch Jordan play or are you saying #$!! out of your ***?

MJ was swept twice by the same team.

You can tell who just knows the nba classic highlights and the retro shoes. Like i stated earlier, even in jordans prime he has fell short, blew the game only for a player like paxon,hodges,kukoc,pippen to bail him out. It happens. Its funny how ppl conviently look over that, either from lack of knowledge, or blinded by the many times he had delivered. Imma need ppl to stop catching pieces of his career from highlights from nba classic, or the ever so popular imma just search and view snippets from youtube, google stats, and then act as if they have an once of knowledge about bball.

Originally Posted by knightngale

did mj ever choke a game away in the finals with 2 superstar players by his side?
nerd.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

You can tell who just knows the nba classic highlights and the retro shoes. Like i stated earlier, even in jordans prime he has fell short, blew the game only for a player like paxon,hodges,kukoc,pippen to bail him out. It happens. Its funny how ppl conviently look over that, either from lack of knowledge, or blinded by the many times he had delivered. Imma need ppl to stop catching pieces of his career from highlights from nba classic, or the ever so popular imma just search and view snippets from youtube, google stats, and then act as if they have an once of knowledge about bball.

Originally Posted by LDJ

eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

stopped reading after that
laugh.gif
   id say if you went 6-6 in the finals you have been pretty successful

Originally Posted by LDJ

eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by LDJ

laugh.gif

No ome questioned whether he was successful or not, the issue is he wasnt always clutch. The first championship like i said the deciding game and possibly could have changed the outcome between the lakers series, they blew a 14 point lead, with the game on the line jordan clanked a 15 foot jumper. Sounds pretty similiar to the heat huh, so jordan wasnt clutch?

Or game three when jordan took and unneccesary foul on divacs which gave up the two tying free throws which forced a overtime. Was jordan a bum garbage then? Could have swore he redeemed himself scoring almost every basket in overtime.

I mean like i said we can go on and on and its obvious you have no idead about these games, and can only respond with um whatever, or some cheesy overused saying/gif like did not read. Jordan was the greatest player ive every witness play, but i saw him play when he played. And it aint like the bulls pretty much piggy backed off him, and he was of no errors no mistakes and always 100% came through in the clutch. 

Originally Posted by LDJ

laugh.gif

No ome questioned whether he was successful or not, the issue is he wasnt always clutch. The first championship like i said the deciding game and possibly could have changed the outcome between the lakers series, they blew a 14 point lead, with the game on the line jordan clanked a 15 foot jumper. Sounds pretty similiar to the heat huh, so jordan wasnt clutch?

Or game three when jordan took and unneccesary foul on divacs which gave up the two tying free throws which forced a overtime. Was jordan a bum garbage then? Could have swore he redeemed himself scoring almost every basket in overtime.

I mean like i said we can go on and on and its obvious you have no idead about these games, and can only respond with um whatever, or some cheesy overused saying/gif like did not read. Jordan was the greatest player ive every witness play, but i saw him play when he played. And it aint like the bulls pretty much piggy backed off him, and he was of no errors no mistakes and always 100% came through in the clutch. 

Originally Posted by DTruth07

I'm just glad to say I got to see MJ play in his prime. The GOAT 
pimp.gif

No bull! if ya'll didn't witness both players play live then really you cant compare. 
My vote goes to MJ, he's the reason i got into baskeball.

Originally Posted by DTruth07

I'm just glad to say I got to see MJ play in his prime. The GOAT 
pimp.gif

No bull! if ya'll didn't witness both players play live then really you cant compare. 
My vote goes to MJ, he's the reason i got into baskeball.

The funny and most ironic thing about the debate between the two players and the hate for LeBron (outside of the lame decision excuse ppl give) Is that everything ppl hate lbj on, and criticize him on was the same things ppl hated on and criticized mj for. First was he cant play, mj is all flash, he just use his athleticism, and flashy play. He doesnt play the game right. He doesnt play like a traditional sg. He has no shot. He isnt clutch, he got swept year after year. He is selfish. He doesnt want to be a team player. He is all showboat, and no substance. He is too hollywood with his baggy shorts, and his ridiculous multicolor, gangbanger ghetto tennis shoes (if folks remember there were gangwars between the different colors of the jordans)

I just dont get how when one player does it, he is loved and adoured, yet another man goes through the same struggles and he is hated. Can someone shead some light on this? Im thinking most folks are so young have no clue and just going with the general census. Cause the same hate etc LeBron is getting, Mj was getting the same treatment, by the media, these so-called purist of the game, who thought every sg was suppose to play be like a ehlo or a dumars hornecek.

The funny and most ironic thing about the debate between the two players and the hate for LeBron (outside of the lame decision excuse ppl give) Is that everything ppl hate lbj on, and criticize him on was the same things ppl hated on and criticized mj for. First was he cant play, mj is all flash, he just use his athleticism, and flashy play. He doesnt play the game right. He doesnt play like a traditional sg. He has no shot. He isnt clutch, he got swept year after year. He is selfish. He doesnt want to be a team player. He is all showboat, and no substance. He is too hollywood with his baggy shorts, and his ridiculous multicolor, gangbanger ghetto tennis shoes (if folks remember there were gangwars between the different colors of the jordans)

I just dont get how when one player does it, he is loved and adoured, yet another man goes through the same struggles and he is hated. Can someone shead some light on this? Im thinking most folks are so young have no clue and just going with the general census. Cause the same hate etc LeBron is getting, Mj was getting the same treatment, by the media, these so-called purist of the game, who thought every sg was suppose to play be like a ehlo or a dumars hornecek.

No one is saying Jordan wasn't human.I'm sure he missed plenty of shots.but when you reach the finals six times and win all six everything u just said means nothing.there is no argument that can justify you saying anything negative about a man that never lost a finals series.

No one is saying Jordan wasn't human.I'm sure he missed plenty of shots.but when you reach the finals six times and win all six everything u just said means nothing.there is no argument that can justify you saying anything negative about a man that never lost a finals series.

but do you realize your comparing one players complete body of work vs a man who is just comming into his? Thats like me saying oh well durant isnt a great scorer because he only lead the league 4 yrs doing it and mj did it 10. If anything a true comparison would be after this series ends. cause if comparing the first 8 yrs of each player year, lbj has exceeded what jordan has done in every category, including individual and team accolades.

None of us knows what lbj will/wont accomplish, but it is certainly loopsided and bias to compare a player whose just starting to come into his career vs a player who is retired.

Also jordan didnt just come into the game with 6 final rings, it took TIME, and a winning team. This is lbjs 1st crack at it. Like i said when mj was going at it the first time the same criticizism lbj is getting mj got. But what happen jordan proved over the course of years the doubters wrong. He prove he was more then flashy moves, he showed he wouldnt buckle under pressure, he killed the noise of the sg aka shotless guard. As they called him. We just need to give these players time to put up or shut up, in the same respect jordan was given time to put up or shut up.

but do you realize your comparing one players complete body of work vs a man who is just comming into his? Thats like me saying oh well durant isnt a great scorer because he only lead the league 4 yrs doing it and mj did it 10. If anything a true comparison would be after this series ends. cause if comparing the first 8 yrs of each player year, lbj has exceeded what jordan has done in every category, including individual and team accolades.

None of us knows what lbj will/wont accomplish, but it is certainly loopsided and bias to compare a player whose just starting to come into his career vs a player who is retired.

Also jordan didnt just come into the game with 6 final rings, it took TIME, and a winning team. This is lbjs 1st crack at it. Like i said when mj was going at it the first time the same criticizism lbj is getting mj got. But what happen jordan proved over the course of years the doubters wrong. He prove he was more then flashy moves, he showed he wouldnt buckle under pressure, he killed the noise of the sg aka shotless guard. As they called him. We just need to give these players time to put up or shut up, in the same respect jordan was given time to put up or shut up.

one thing is for sure if lebron loses this series to the mavs its pretty much a wrap of ever comparing him to jordan.

one thing is for sure if lebron loses this series to the mavs its pretty much a wrap of ever comparing him to jordan.

Originally Posted by LDJ

LDJ-not real sure on a lot of your logic throughout this post.

How can you say the Heat didn't choke last night?  If you want to call it complacency, I would argue that is choking.  Up 15 with four and a half minutes to go...c'mon you know they choked. 

LBJ's 2nd finals appearance, he was swept by the spurs the first time.

Simply saying that because Jordan passed to Kerr/Paxson/Hodges to knock down a shot isn't clutch is absurd.  So drawing a double and passing to a teammate can't be considered clutch?  This argument about him not being clutch because is passed occassionaly baffles me...

Originally Posted by LDJ

How can you say the Heat didn't choke last night?  If you want to call it complacency, I would argue that is choking.  Up 15 with four and a half minutes to go...c'mon you know they choked. 

Simply saying that because Jordan passed to Kerr/Paxson/Hodges to knock down a shot isn't clutch is absurd.  So drawing a double and passing to a teammate can't be considered clutch?  This argument about him not being clutch because is passed occassionaly baffles me...

Originally Posted by sho3tym

Originally Posted by LDJ

Im saying in the finals versus the lakers the EXACT same thing happened in game two as it did with the heat mavs series. Up 14, jordan dribbles around doesnt go in for the isolated drive and settles for a 15ft jumper and clanks it.

I never said jordan wasnt clutch. I was saying it was times where it was a mistake be it a gamble on a steal, a bad shot, which lead to another player being clutch saving the day. This of course was throughout the years, in which my point was lbj hasnt had years being on a championship caliber team.

The whole spurs argument is absurd because that was at a time lbj didnt have a championship caliber team. Thats like comparing 89 or 90 bulls. in which they where swept by the pistons and mj came short both of those years. Jordans 1st real chance/legitimate chance at a championship, he came through and proved the doubters wrong. But it really wasnt until the 4th game into that finals that he did it.

LeBron is only at two games into his first real legitimate chance at winning a finals (you cannot honestly think the cavs had a shot against the spurs). And out of the two games he only came short the last one. And even if he doesnt pull through, it still wont make him a choker. If i recall during the lakers 1st run, it was shaq who moreso then often or big shot rob who pulled the lakers through. Does that make kobe a choker? Of course it doesnt. Because he has been given time and with that time has proven he can be clutch, and place the team on his back and pull through with the wins.

All im saying is this lbj has had TWO games, not 6 series, not or 7/8 series like mj or kobe has had. If you have more opportunities just by mathematical and deduction you have more opportunities to be proven.

Originally Posted by sho3tym

Originally Posted by LDJ

Im saying in the finals versus the lakers the EXACT same thing happened in game two as it did with the heat mavs series. Up 14, jordan dribbles around doesnt go in for the isolated drive and settles for a 15ft jumper and clanks it.

I never said jordan wasnt clutch. I was saying it was times where it was a mistake be it a gamble on a steal, a bad shot, which lead to another player being clutch saving the day. This of course was throughout the years, in which my point was lbj hasnt had years being on a championship caliber team.

The whole spurs argument is absurd because that was at a time lbj didnt have a championship caliber team. Thats like comparing 89 or 90 bulls. in which they where swept by the pistons and mj came short both of those years. Jordans 1st real chance/legitimate chance at a championship, he came through and proved the doubters wrong. But it really wasnt until the 4th game into that finals that he did it.

LeBron is only at two games into his first real legitimate chance at winning a finals (you cannot honestly think the cavs had a shot against the spurs). And out of the two games he only came short the last one. And even if he doesnt pull through, it still wont make him a choker. If i recall during the lakers 1st run, it was shaq who moreso then often or big shot rob who pulled the lakers through. Does that make kobe a choker? Of course it doesnt. Because he has been given time and with that time has proven he can be clutch, and place the team on his back and pull through with the wins.

All im saying is this lbj has had TWO games, not 6 series, not or 7/8 series like mj or kobe has had. If you have more opportunities just by mathematical and deduction you have more opportunities to be proven.

The thing about it with LBJ though, is this is becoming a reoccuring theme. I like Lebron and want him to do well but we've been down this path before. See Boston last year, I can't imagine Mike going out like that.

That did happen to Mike in LA, there aren't a ton of those. They did win the series. Magic and the Lakeshow > Dirk and the mavs...lol, that's just gasoline on the fire, not looking to argue that point.

How was that Cavs team not a Championship caliber team when they made it to the FINALS. Detroit wasn't a pushover at the time. To me it doesn't matter if Jordan "waited" to game four to come through, they WON the series.

I wouldn't say this is his first legitmate chance at a title, pretty sure he had a #1 seed at some point...This is also his second trip to the finals.

I understand what you're saying about Lebron being relatively early into his career, but even for the short glimpses we have seen him, it hasn't all been winning.

Back
Top Bottom