Michael Vick is the best player in the league right now.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

How the hell can dudes sit up here and say Rivers > Vick when the Chargers are 4-5.
laugh.gif
That team should be at least 7-2 if you're gonna sit up here and compare a QB who has played all 9 games to another who has only played 4...which goes even more in Vick's favor considering he's done more in less time, with no INT's, running TD's, passing TD's, and a 4-0 mark when he starts and completes the game....

....and if Rivers has a higher completion percentage...so what!! Screen passes and safe hitch routes here and there do wonders for any QB's completion percentage...all the Chargers rely on is the pass..so Rivers should be forcing passes up field to try and get some points. Some of ya'll tell good jokes.
laugh.gif

Go watch the touchdown passes to Ajirotutu last sunday. Ajiro-what?

No way is rivers averaging 330 yards per game by throwing screen passes and safe hitch routes
laugh.gif

i see what you mean and i do like vick AND rivers, (as well as brady, AR, and AP) we just cant have these skewed arguments here. And im not ignoring anything vick did last night. That is MVP worthy.

Same can be said for Peyton Manning whose team has been injury riddled...or Tom Brady who has thrown to no name wr's to get his team to 7-2...ironically, both players teams are actually winning.

Brady has a solid all around team, Chargers have no defense whatsoever.

So many other intangibles go into a teams record, you can argue the Chargers would have 0-1 wins without Rivers (Colts would probably be the same without Peyton).

Point is you can't discredit what he has done this year, his accuracy is not from screen passes he takes lots of shots down field.

Same can be said for Peyton Manning whose team has been injury riddled...or Tom Brady who has thrown to no name wr's to get his team to 7-2...ironically, both players teams are actually winning.

Brady has a solid all around team, Chargers have no defense whatsoever.

So many other intangibles go into a teams record, you can argue the Chargers would have 0-1 wins without Rivers (Colts would probably be the same without Peyton).

Point is you can't discredit what he has done this year, his accuracy is not from screen passes he takes lots of shots down field.

I'm happy for Vick, but people are really baggin on Phil Rivers in here? 
grin.gif

Watch some Chargers games folks. 
30t6p3b.gif

I'm happy for Vick, but people are really baggin on Phil Rivers in here? 
grin.gif

Watch some Chargers games folks. 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I hated Vick before he went to jail. I thought he was mediocre at best. He was a running back who could throw. He is now a quarterback who can run. He is better right now then the ever was with Atlanta.

I'm real happy for him. He got his life back, and is leading his team to the playoffs. I still think what he did was terrible, but everyone deserves a second chance, and I really believe he was remorseful and got his life together.   
I do agree with this.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I hated Vick before he went to jail. I thought he was mediocre at best. He was a running back who could throw. He is now a quarterback who can run. He is better right now then the ever was with Atlanta.

I'm real happy for him. He got his life back, and is leading his team to the playoffs. I still think what he did was terrible, but everyone deserves a second chance, and I really believe he was remorseful and got his life together.   
I do agree with this.

Agree with waiting till the end of the season, who knows what the next 7 games will bring

Agree with waiting till the end of the season, who knows what the next 7 games will bring

Vick for MVP

Dude has started and played for 4 full games and the Eagles are 4-0 in them.
Almost led a crazy comeback in game 1 where he took over for Kolb
They lost one game he started but he got hurt in the 1st quarter.

Highest Passer Rating in the NFL
11 passing TDs and 0 INTS
4 rushing TDs and 0 fumbles lost
MVP
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Vick for MVP

Dude has started and played for 4 full games and the Eagles are 4-0 in them.
Almost led a crazy comeback in game 1 where he took over for Kolb
They lost one game he started but he got hurt in the 1st quarter.

Highest Passer Rating in the NFL
11 passing TDs and 0 INTS
4 rushing TDs and 0 fumbles lost
MVP
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I agree, without a doubt. Vick is playing absolutely as flawless as one can play.

His reads, progression, decision making, mechanics and accuracy are all on point. It's his potential at fruition.

I agree, without a doubt. Vick is playing absolutely as flawless as one can play.

His reads, progression, decision making, mechanics and accuracy are all on point. It's his potential at fruition.

Stats alone is not gonna put Rivers ahead of Peyton or even Brady. He needs to win to be in the discussion, period. Look at CJ last year, Brees the year before that.

IF Vick keeps up these CRAZY numbers and finishes with 11-12 wins, I don't see how Rivers with only PASSING STATS ALONE can be an MVP candidate over Vick. I don't care who he's throwing to (Gates is the best TE in the league BTW), hell Kyle Orton brought Brandon Lloyd back to life and he's putting up crazy yardage as well
laugh.gif

What Vick lacks in passing attempts he makes up for with his legs, Rivers, Manning, Brady CAN'T do that so you gotta take that into consideration as well. Either way I don't see a chance in hell they actually give the award to Vick, it will go to one of the good ol' boys/PC choices who are doing what they've been doing year in year out (Brady or Manning)

Stats alone is not gonna put Rivers ahead of Peyton or even Brady. He needs to win to be in the discussion, period. Look at CJ last year, Brees the year before that.

IF Vick keeps up these CRAZY numbers and finishes with 11-12 wins, I don't see how Rivers with only PASSING STATS ALONE can be an MVP candidate over Vick. I don't care who he's throwing to (Gates is the best TE in the league BTW), hell Kyle Orton brought Brandon Lloyd back to life and he's putting up crazy yardage as well
laugh.gif

What Vick lacks in passing attempts he makes up for with his legs, Rivers, Manning, Brady CAN'T do that so you gotta take that into consideration as well. Either way I don't see a chance in hell they actually give the award to Vick, it will go to one of the good ol' boys/PC choices who are doing what they've been doing year in year out (Brady or Manning)

Its good to see that he is doing well. What are the chances that you think the Eagles keep him after this year considering they signed to Kolb to a big contract.

Who does Vick end up with?

Its good to see that he is doing well. What are the chances that you think the Eagles keep him after this year considering they signed to Kolb to a big contract.

Does anyone think that if he never %%%%+@ up and was still in ATL would he be playing at the same level? Has Philly offense and weapons giving him the tools to be the player we all thought he was gonna be when he was with the Falcons.?

Does anyone think that if he never %%%%+@ up and was still in ATL would he be playing at the same level? Has Philly offense and weapons giving him the tools to be the player we all thought he was gonna be when he was with the Falcons.?

Originally Posted by Law3001

Not neccessarily. I think his stint in prison expedited his maturity to a level that we see now. A lot of what he is doing could be accomplished just about anywhere though. He is the all encompassing QB right now and is playing flawless football. That succeeds in any system on any team.

Originally Posted by Law3001

Not neccessarily. I think his stint in prison expedited his maturity to a level that we see now. A lot of what he is doing could be accomplished just about anywhere though. He is the all encompassing QB right now and is playing flawless football. That succeeds in any system on any team.

Originally Posted by JayMyers

They only gave Kolb a 1 year extension that expires after next season, they'll trade him for a 1st or 2nd rounder no doubt. They'd be idiots to let Vick even test free agnecy

Vick went off lastnight!! With I think over 200 yds rushing in the 1st half!!! I'm happy dude got a second chance!! Keep it up Vick

Back
Top Bottom