Michael Vick is the best player in the league right now.

I was obviously a giant Vick hater before he went to prison. His game is unbelievable right now.

He owes a lot to himself for getting his head straight, but also to Reid for forcing him to become to QB he is now. Reid could take any POS not named Mike McMahon and turn him into a winner. I don't think Vick would be having the success he is now if he were on any other team. Very glad we took a chance last year.

Originally Posted by nadroj 32

even with as good as vick was last night, if the season ended right now, p rivers is the mvp
Nah....... Not many League MVPs miss the playoffs and finish 11th in the Conference.

even with as good as vick was last night, if the season ended right now, p rivers is the mvp
Nah....... Not many League MVPs miss the playoffs and finish 11th in the Conference.

Is he an unrestricted/restricted FA after this season?

I'll admit...i was VERY skeptical of the dude after he was released from prison (from a football standpoint). I thought we'd be seeing the same great athlete, but sub-par passer like we became used to watching while he was in ATL. My goodness....I've NEVER witnessed a transformation of a QB like this in my life. Dude is passing with uncanny accuracy (which had been a weakness). I'm happy he's making good--so far--on his 2nd chance. He's said beforet that jail was the best thing to happen to him. Dude came out a truly changed man, which is what you want when dudes are released from prison. When Michael Vick hits some bumps in the road as a football player, I just hope he still gets the love and support from folks like what they're showing now. He's playing on a different level than everyone else in the NFL, and it's been an amazing journey for him. For everyone else's sake in the NFC East, I hope he moves on to a different team next year in a different division
laugh.gif

Is he an unrestricted/restricted FA after this season?

I'll admit...i was VERY skeptical of the dude after he was released from prison (from a football standpoint). I thought we'd be seeing the same great athlete, but sub-par passer like we became used to watching while he was in ATL. My goodness....I've NEVER witnessed a transformation of a QB like this in my life. Dude is passing with uncanny accuracy (which had been a weakness). I'm happy he's making good--so far--on his 2nd chance. He's said beforet that jail was the best thing to happen to him. Dude came out a truly changed man, which is what you want when dudes are released from prison. When Michael Vick hits some bumps in the road as a football player, I just hope he still gets the love and support from folks like what they're showing now. He's playing on a different level than everyone else in the NFL, and it's been an amazing journey for him. For everyone else's sake in the NFC East, I hope he moves on to a different team next year in a different division
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Crazy thing is, had he not went to jail, the MV7 we see now probably would have never came to light.
Very true, and part of what makes the story so great.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Crazy thing is, had he not went to jail, the MV7 we see now probably would have never came to light.
Very true, and part of what makes the story so great.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

thats cute, you counted the teams and looked at where the chargers are at right now. They are also 2 wins away from being 3rd in the conference so how worthless is that?

Vicks best game this year of 333 yards which is also Rivers average throughout the year so far.  If comparing the two for who's more valuable, that weighs much more than looking at standings when only 3 games separate 1st from11th.  Comming down the stretch in the AFC, does anyone really think Jason Campbell or Matt Cassel is capable of leading their team to a division championship?  The west is smelly garbage and SD just happens to have the weakest stench of the 4.  SD missing the playoffs?...not happening.

btw, Washington has the 2nd worst passing defense on all of the NFL

all aside, we will see in 7 weeks where everyone stands

thats cute, you counted the teams and looked at where the chargers are at right now. They are also 2 wins away from being 3rd in the conference so how worthless is that?

Vicks best game this year of 333 yards which is also Rivers average throughout the year so far.  If comparing the two for who's more valuable, that weighs much more than looking at standings when only 3 games separate 1st from11th.  Comming down the stretch in the AFC, does anyone really think Jason Campbell or Matt Cassel is capable of leading their team to a division championship?  The west is smelly garbage and SD just happens to have the weakest stench of the 4.  SD missing the playoffs?...not happening.

I cant see Vick not getting an extension with the Eagles. I mean maybe he wants to see what else is out there. But the Eagles are almost a perfect fit. With the speed of their WRs its really hard for him to overthrow them and that was a main problem in ATL. The only other place with a QB need and fast WRs to compliment his arm would prolly be Arizona.

But Philly would probably riot if they just let Vick walk because the organization wants Kolb to start.

I cant see Vick not getting an extension with the Eagles. I mean maybe he wants to see what else is out there. But the Eagles are almost a perfect fit. With the speed of their WRs its really hard for him to overthrow them and that was a main problem in ATL. The only other place with a QB need and fast WRs to compliment his arm would prolly be Arizona.

But Philly would probably riot if they just let Vick walk because the organization wants Kolb to start.

You are not getting the MVP if your team isn't winning, point blank. Right now they are behind Oakland and Kansas City, and they lost to both. Rivers SHOULD get the offensive player of the year, but MVP talks belong to Vick, Brady, and Manning right now. Not to discredit Rivers, he's been amazing this year with garbage, but team success does factor into the MVP.

And Campbell and Cassel don't have to lead their teams. The Raiders are lead by McFadden and Bush and the Chiefs are lead by Charles and Jones.

You are not getting the MVP if your team isn't winning, point blank. Right now they are behind Oakland and Kansas City, and they lost to both. Rivers SHOULD get the offensive player of the year, but MVP talks belong to Vick, Brady, and Manning right now. Not to discredit Rivers, he's been amazing this year with garbage, but team success does factor into the MVP.

And Campbell and Cassel don't have to lead their teams. The Raiders are lead by McFadden and Bush and the Chiefs are lead by Charles and Jones.

Bro, YOU were the one who was talking about if the season ended right NOW.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Vick is going to command a nice contract and well deserved...in the face of so much hate, he managed to come back and re-gain his Atlanta form. Kudos to him. 

Vick is going to command a nice contract and well deserved...in the face of so much hate, he managed to come back and re-gain his Atlanta form. Kudos to him. 

Originally Posted by dland24

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
This.

Dude grabbed his spatula and tried to flip it when he's the one who set the circumstances from the get go
laugh.gif

But since he wanna get cute with stats and skew them to his liking:

11 passing TDs/0 INTs > 19 passing TDs/8 INTs
115 QB rating > 102 QB rating
4 rushing TDs > 0 rushing TDs
1 fumble > 3 fumbles
4-2 record in games played (including the loss to ********) > 4-5 record

Now you tell me, if you didn't know whose stats those belonged to, that you wouldn't take the first player over the second...AT THIS POINT IN TIME.  If you take the second player over the first, you're a damn idiot.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
This.

Dude grabbed his spatula and tried to flip it when he's the one who set the circumstances from the get go
laugh.gif

But since he wanna get cute with stats and skew them to his liking:

11 passing TDs/0 INTs > 19 passing TDs/8 INTs
115 QB rating > 102 QB rating
4 rushing TDs > 0 rushing TDs
1 fumble > 3 fumbles
4-2 record in games played (including the loss to ********) > 4-5 record

Now you tell me, if you didn't know whose stats those belonged to, that you wouldn't take the first player over the second...AT THIS POINT IN TIME.  If you take the second player over the first, you're a damn idiot.

with that statement, even you are saying that its possible.  and we were talking about the MVP, not the chargers winning the division......

and as for malta over there, knowing what vick has around him as far as weapons are concerned and knowing what rivers has around him isnt it safe to say that rivers is doing way more with way less?  rivers is completing a higher % of passes with trash WRs AND has double the pass attempts than vick..  So yes.......as of this point  rivers > vick.

with that statement, even you are saying that its possible.  and we were talking about the MVP, not the chargers winning the division......

and as for malta over there, knowing what vick has around him as far as weapons are concerned and knowing what rivers has around him isnt it safe to say that rivers is doing way more with way less?  rivers is completing a higher % of passes with trash WRs AND has double the pass attempts than vick..  So yes.......as of this point  rivers > vick.

Back
Top Bottom