Michael Vick is the best player in the league right now.

And people are acting like the Chargers aren't in the playoff race, has anyone peeped their division lately? Not exactly a power division, it might only take 9 games to get to the playoffs which isn't exactly out of the realm of possibility for SD, especially with Jackson coming back for the home stretch.

Although if the season ended today Manning imo should win it, I feel like they are going to give it someone else just caused dude really has a strong argument for it every year.  But him and Rivers are doing the most with least.  If Vick keeps it up I have zero problems with him winning it but he has weapons that are suited for him.  He throws deep balls better than anyone and he has two super quick rcievers who can consistently beat DB's downfield and an electric RB in McCoy.  Rivers has...Who again? Manning has...Who except for Wayne?  Brady doesn't exactly have any top WR's either.  It's a pointless discussion right now at this point in the season those dudes are all bunched up together right now, there isn't a clear candidate.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

And people are acting like the Chargers aren't in the playoff race, has anyone peeped their division lately? Not exactly a power division, it might only take 9 games to get to the playoffs which isn't exactly out of the realm of possibility for SD, especially with Jackson coming back for the home stretch.

Although if the season ended today Manning imo should win it, I feel like they are going to give it someone else just caused dude really has a strong argument for it every year.  But him and Rivers are doing the most with least.  If Vick keeps it up I have zero problems with him winning it but he has weapons that are suited for him.  He throws deep balls better than anyone and he has two super quick rcievers who can consistently beat DB's downfield and an electric RB in McCoy.  Rivers has...Who again? Manning has...Who except for Wayne?  Brady doesn't exactly have any top WR's either.  It's a pointless discussion right now at this point in the season those dudes are all bunched up together right now, there isn't a clear candidate.
Winning a division at 9-7 is still 9-7. People are overrating the Chargers right now. And people are underrating the Chiefs and Raiders still and I don't know why. Both those teams have beaten the Chargers already. Both the Chiefs and Raiders are 1 and 2 in rushing this season and I would take a team that can the ball like these two have over the Chargers that have an inconsistent running game and special teams problems.

And again, this is not to discredit Rivers. I think he's the best QB right now, but history has shown that the MVP isn't just given to the player with the best offensive numbers.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Winning a division at 9-7 is still 9-7. People are overrating the Chargers right now. And people are underrating the Chiefs and Raiders still and I don't know why. Both those teams have beaten the Chargers already. Both the Chiefs and Raiders are 1 and 2 in rushing this season and I would take a team that can the ball like these two have over the Chargers that have an inconsistent running game and special teams problems.

And again, this is not to discredit Rivers. I think he's the best QB right now, but history has shown that the MVP isn't just given to the player with the best offensive numbers.

if he shows out

Oh, I'm confident he will. This is coming from a Raider fan...Rivers is ALL the Chargers have at this point. Granted, they should be healthier by next Monday's game, but
they still rely solely on his arm.

if he shows out

Oh, I'm confident he will. This is coming from a Raider fan...Rivers is ALL the Chargers have at this point. Granted, they should be healthier by next Monday's game, but

Originally Posted by AG 47

if he shows out

pretty much. Vick is playing out of his mind right now no doubt, but the Chargers might not even have a win without Rivers.

It is just nice to see MV7 back in the league playing as good as ever. People now tune into Eagles games just to see what other amazing things he's going to do next. He might be the leading MVP candidate just off that, the excitement he brings to the game of football and to the league. I'm a fan and I hope he continues to beast.
pimp.gif

stay in the NFC Mike
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by AG 47

if he shows out

pretty much. Vick is playing out of his mind right now no doubt, but the Chargers might not even have a win without Rivers.

It is just nice to see MV7 back in the league playing as good as ever. People now tune into Eagles games just to see what other amazing things he's going to do next. He might be the leading MVP candidate just off that, the excitement he brings to the game of football and to the league. I'm a fan and I hope he continues to beast.
pimp.gif

stay in the NFC Mike
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Same can be said for Peyton Manning whose team has been injury riddled...or Tom Brady who has thrown to no name wr's to get his team to 7-2...ironically, both players teams are actually winning.

Brady has a solid all around team, Chargers have no defense whatsoever.

So many other intangibles go into a teams record, you can argue the Chargers would have 0-1 wins without Rivers (Colts would probably be the same without Peyton).

Point is you can't discredit what he has done this year, his accuracy is not from screen passes he takes lots of shots down field.
 Pats d is terrible but I agree, Brady  doesnt  have a no name   offense

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Same can be said for Peyton Manning whose team has been injury riddled...or Tom Brady who has thrown to no name wr's to get his team to 7-2...ironically, both players teams are actually winning.

Brady has a solid all around team, Chargers have no defense whatsoever.

So many other intangibles go into a teams record, you can argue the Chargers would have 0-1 wins without Rivers (Colts would probably be the same without Peyton).

Point is you can't discredit what he has done this year, his accuracy is not from screen passes he takes lots of shots down field.
 Pats d is terrible but I agree, Brady  doesnt  have a no name   offense

Long story short, I can care less if Rivers win the MVP for the next 10 seasons...I had to deal with McNabb choking in the playoffs for a decade and this is one of those seasons where almost ANY above .500 team can make a run at the playoffs and potentially pull a miracle run and win the Superbowl...So if we keep up this momentum, Eagles can win the Superbowl and I could care less if Vick wins the MVP....1 Superbowl MVP>5 Regular Season MVPs

Long story short, I can care less if Rivers win the MVP for the next 10 seasons...I had to deal with McNabb choking in the playoffs for a decade and this is one of those seasons where almost ANY above .500 team can make a run at the playoffs and potentially pull a miracle run and win the Superbowl...So if we keep up this momentum, Eagles can win the Superbowl and I could care less if Vick wins the MVP....1 Superbowl MVP>5 Regular Season MVPs

.Eagles without Vick go from 6-3 to 4-5...Patriots without Brady go from 7-2 to probably 3-6...Chargers without Rivers go from 4-5 to what? 3-6? Stats don't mean crap if your team keeps losing, whether it's River's fault that they're losing or not
Colts without Manning would probably have 2 wins.  I'm guessing at the end of the year it will be Peyton, Michael, Tom and Phillip in the MVP discussion.  But who knows, if Clay keeps it up he will be there.  Still an amazing turn-around by Vick though, amazing how once he really focused and got humbled how he is really utilizing his skills and hitting his peak. Regardless, people that are saying he won't win MVP aren't saying that he is having a terrible season and discrediting what he has done.  The overreaction to any counter-discussion in this thread is amazing.

.Eagles without Vick go from 6-3 to 4-5...Patriots without Brady go from 7-2 to probably 3-6...Chargers without Rivers go from 4-5 to what? 3-6? Stats don't mean crap if your team keeps losing, whether it's River's fault that they're losing or not
Colts without Manning would probably have 2 wins.  I'm guessing at the end of the year it will be Peyton, Michael, Tom and Phillip in the MVP discussion.  But who knows, if Clay keeps it up he will be there.  Still an amazing turn-around by Vick though, amazing how once he really focused and got humbled how he is really utilizing his skills and hitting his peak. Regardless, people that are saying he won't win MVP aren't saying that he is having a terrible season and discrediting what he has done.  The overreaction to any counter-discussion in this thread is amazing.

Phillip Rivers is NO WHERE near top 5 QB's,

Vick
Manning
Brady
Brees
Sanchez

Hon. Mention (Josh Freeman, A. Rodgers)

As of 11/16 anyway...................

Some of yall need to get off that Rivers Bandwagon, Eli and Ben got a chip over him (Same Class), always chokes in the playoffs (1 AFC title appearance), and yea you can go undefeated in December every year but its gonna catch up to you sooner. He just doesnt have that winning spirit a QB is supposed to have........

BTW its easy to rack up 300 YDS a week running a west coast offense.

Vick
Manning
Brady
Brees
Sanchez

Some of yall need to get off that Rivers Bandwagon, Eli and Ben got a chip over him (Same Class), always chokes in the playoffs (1 AFC title appearance), and yea you can go undefeated in December every year but its gonna catch up to you sooner. He just doesnt have that winning spirit a QB is supposed to have........

Originally Posted by gambit215

Vick
Manning
Brady
Brees
Sanchez

indifferent.gif

Vick
Manning
Brady
Brees
Sanchez

indifferent.gif

Vick
Manning
Brady
Brees
Sanchez

Vick
Manning
Brady
Brees
Sanchez

Vick
Manning
Brady
Brees
Sanchez

Sanchez? Really?  Manning, Brees, and Brady are the only 3 QBs I'd take over him.  The rest of NFL QBs are either equal to him or worst.  And yes that includes taking him over Vick.  Give Rivers the same WR core and RB as Vick has in Philly and he is AVGing 4 TDs a game.

Vick
Manning
Brady
Brees
Sanchez

Sanchez? Really?  Manning, Brees, and Brady are the only 3 QBs I'd take over him.  The rest of NFL QBs are either equal to him or worst.  And yes that includes taking him over Vick.  Give Rivers the same WR core and RB as Vick has in Philly and he is AVGing 4 TDs a game.

Back
Top Bottom