Michael Vick is the best player in the league right now.

Vick went off lastnight!! With I think over 200 yds rushing in the 1st half!!! I'm happy dude got a second chance!! Keep it up Vick

Originally Posted by JayMyers

Its good to see that he is doing well. What are the chances that you think the Eagles keep him after this year considering they signed to Kolb to a big contract.

Who does Vick end up with?
They only gave Kolb a 1 year extension that expires after next season, they'll trade him for a 1st or 2nd rounder no doubt. They'd be idiots to let Vick even test free agnecy

Vick would get franchised before they let him go. most of Kolbs money is bein paid this year.

Vick would get franchised before they let him go. most of Kolbs money is bein paid this year.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Its good to see that he is doing well. What are the chances that you think the Eagles keep him after this year considering they signed to Kolb to a big contract.

They only gave Kolb a 1 year extension that expires after next season, they'll trade him for a 1st or 2nd rounder no doubt. They'd be idiots to let Vick even test free agnecy

sucks for us (the eagles) that colt mccoy is playing so well.. with heckert (the guy who drafted kolb) now with the browns, i heard they were willing to pay a pretty penny for kolb last year..

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

sucks for us (the eagles) that colt mccoy is playing so well.. with heckert (the guy who drafted kolb) now with the browns, i heard they were willing to pay a pretty penny for kolb last year..

No way in hell Philly chooses Kolb over Vick.
Vick will stay w/Philly.

No way in hell Philly chooses Kolb over Vick.
Vick will stay w/Philly.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I'm happy for Vick, but people are really baggin on Phil Rivers in here? 
grin.gif

Watch some Chargers games folks. 
30t6p3b.gif
You know people have zero clue what they are talking about when they say all Rivers throw is screen's and hitches, dude throws the ball downfield as well anybody period
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

grin.gif

30t6p3b.gif
You know people have zero clue what they are talking about when they say all Rivers throw is screen's and hitches, dude throws the ball downfield as well anybody period
laugh.gif

I don't think anyone here is downgrading Philip Rivers' skills. The dude's got serious game and is having one hell of a statistical season.

But Rivers winning the MVP? Simply put, when your team is 4-5 and potentially out of the playoff picture, it's not going to happen folks. Same with CJ2K last season. Hell, when Kobe averaged 35 points and his team made the playoffs even he didn't win.

So, lets stop with the stat comparisons and look at what is reality.

I don't think anyone here is downgrading Philip Rivers' skills. The dude's got serious game and is having one hell of a statistical season.

But Rivers winning the MVP? Simply put, when your team is 4-5 and potentially out of the playoff picture, it's not going to happen folks. Same with CJ2K last season. Hell, when Kobe averaged 35 points and his team made the playoffs even he didn't win.

So, lets stop with the stat comparisons and look at what is reality.

Nobody said Rivers was going to win MVP outright but the point of this thread is "best in the league" right now, and Rivers is just as good as anyone right now.

Some people are trying to discredit him by bringing up team record as if that has anything to do with a players skill set.

Nobody said Rivers was going to win MVP outright but the point of this thread is "best in the league" right now, and Rivers is just as good as anyone right now.

Some people are trying to discredit him by bringing up team record as if that has anything to do with a players skill set.

Vick is playing as good as anyone right now. If he does end up winning the MVP this could be the quickest turnaround in sports history.

Vick is playing as good as anyone right now. If he does end up winning the MVP this could be the quickest turnaround in sports history.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

When you quoted me the discussion was about MVP. IMO, I think Rivers is the best QB in the league right now, but the topic was switched from best player in the league to MVP talks and team record does have to do with MVP talks.

Edit: And after rereading what some people had said they are talking about MVP talks as well, not best player. nadroj 32 bought up the MVP talks and topic went from there.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

When you quoted me the discussion was about MVP. IMO, I think Rivers is the best QB in the league right now, but the topic was switched from best player in the league to MVP talks and team record does have to do with MVP talks.

Edit: And after rereading what some people had said they are talking about MVP talks as well, not best player. nadroj 32 bought up the MVP talks and topic went from there.

IMHO Top 3 Candidates:

Mike Vick
Tom Brady
Phillip Rivers

You can make an argument about all 3, but at the end of the day you have to take into consideration the team's success AND the makeup of the team.

If the Eagles dominate the rest of the way and Vick keeps getting crazy stats, then by all means he should be MVP.

If Brady does the same, he could be a close competitor to Mike.

If for some reason the Chargers dominate and make it to the playoffs with such a bad start and a depleted receiving core and Rivers breaks the yardage record I don't see how he couldn't be the favorite.

Imagine if they traded places:

Mike Vick throwing to Patrick Crayton, Ajirotutu and having two average RBs and a half-decent OLine (OK I'll add the best TE in the league)

Phillip Rivers with Desean Jackson and Maclin streaking down the field, a decent back in LeSean.

IMHO Top 3 Candidates:

Mike Vick
Tom Brady
Phillip Rivers

You can make an argument about all 3, but at the end of the day you have to take into consideration the team's success AND the makeup of the team.

If the Eagles dominate the rest of the way and Vick keeps getting crazy stats, then by all means he should be MVP.

If Brady does the same, he could be a close competitor to Mike.

If for some reason the Chargers dominate and make it to the playoffs with such a bad start and a depleted receiving core and Rivers breaks the yardage record I don't see how he couldn't be the favorite.

Imagine if they traded places:

Mike Vick throwing to Patrick Crayton, Ajirotutu and having two average RBs and a half-decent OLine (OK I'll add the best TE in the league)

Phillip Rivers with Desean Jackson and Maclin streaking down the field, a decent back in LeSean.

MVP stands for Most Valuable Player meaning without that player, the team isn't as good as they currently are...Eagles without Vick go from 6-3 to 4-5...Patriots without Brady go from 7-2 to probably 3-6...Chargers without Rivers go from 4-5 to what? 3-6? Stats don't mean crap if your team keeps losing, whether it's River's fault that they're losing or not

Before this season, more than half of NFL analysts didn't think the Eagles had what it takes to make the playoffs, and the ones that did felt that they would make it based on the talent we have on offense carrying Kolb's inconsistency...Then we have Vick with a breakthrough season and what happens? People are predicting this team at least makes it to the NFC Title game, based SOLELY on offense...Our defensive line isn't even that good and we're still being considered one of the top 6-7 teams in the league.

MVP stands for Most Valuable Player meaning without that player, the team isn't as good as they currently are...Eagles without Vick go from 6-3 to 4-5...Patriots without Brady go from 7-2 to probably 3-6...Chargers without Rivers go from 4-5 to what? 3-6? Stats don't mean crap if your team keeps losing, whether it's River's fault that they're losing or not

Before this season, more than half of NFL analysts didn't think the Eagles had what it takes to make the playoffs, and the ones that did felt that they would make it based on the talent we have on offense carrying Kolb's inconsistency...Then we have Vick with a breakthrough season and what happens? People are predicting this team at least makes it to the NFC Title game, based SOLELY on offense...Our defensive line isn't even that good and we're still being considered one of the top 6-7 teams in the league.

airmaxpenny1 wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
grin.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

And he's throwing to backups backups out there.  Somebody named Tutu and Crayton along with McMichael even.  Without his left tackle, with third string running backs runnin the ball.......Phil is filthy, people baggin on him are ridiculous. 
sick.gif

Give him D-Jax, Maclin, Celek, and McCoy and boy would be out of his mind out there. 
30t6p3b.gif

Watch, next Monday they play on Monday night, if he shows out, suddenly some of these guys talkin will disappear. 

airmaxpenny1 wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
grin.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

And he's throwing to backups backups out there.  Somebody named Tutu and Crayton along with McMichael even.  Without his left tackle, with third string running backs runnin the ball.......Phil is filthy, people baggin on him are ridiculous. 
sick.gif

Give him D-Jax, Maclin, Celek, and McCoy and boy would be out of his mind out there. 
30t6p3b.gif

Watch, next Monday they play on Monday night, if he shows out, suddenly some of these guys talkin will disappear. 

And people are acting like the Chargers aren't in the playoff race, has anyone peeped their division lately? Not exactly a power division, it might only take 9 games to get to the playoffs which isn't exactly out of the realm of possibility for SD, especially with Jackson coming back for the home stretch.

Although if the season ended today Manning imo should win it, I feel like they are going to give it someone else just caused dude really has a strong argument for it every year.  But him and Rivers are doing the most with least.  If Vick keeps it up I have zero problems with him winning it but he has weapons that are suited for him.  He throws deep balls better than anyone and he has two super quick rcievers who can consistently beat DB's downfield and an electric RB in McCoy.  Rivers has...Who again? Manning has...Who except for Wayne?  Brady doesn't exactly have any top WR's either.  It's a pointless discussion right now at this point in the season those dudes are all bunched up together right now, there isn't a clear candidate.

Back
Top Bottom