Moments in sneaker history that disgusted you???? Jordan Related

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Originally Posted by Yagbolz

Not knowing the value of J's..

jus wondering, wat do u mean by value?
personal, retail, or resell?

i would say in general(general not including reselling)....i put a recently released/sold out in stores Jordan on CL for box price($150) & a retro xi(2001 for 250 obo) both never worn & some guy messages me back saying he wants both for $330....when i asked whats his offer for the recent retro alone he says 100
30t6p3b.gif

i would say in general(general not including reselling)....i put a recently released/sold out in stores Jordan on CL for box price($150) & a retro xi(2001 for 250 obo) both never worn & some guy messages me back saying he wants both for $330....when i asked whats his offer for the recent retro alone he says 100
30t6p3b.gif

The new Jordan lovers...the people who dont care about what MJ did as a player but only care about the value of his shoes and how much they are worth..
Example: Went to pick up the true blue IIIs this past weekend, I wore my black and Red XIIIs that retroed in 04' this kid who is maybe 18 or 19 tells me "Man you busting OGs on people!!!!", I am like no man these retroed in 04', he tells me no they didnt they never retroed that color.He then tells me they are fake because XIIIs didnt retro in 04, and he owns every pair of 13s to ever come out since they retroed all the colors this year. All I can do is hope that this "sneakerhead" fad is over soon. 

The new Jordan lovers...the people who dont care about what MJ did as a player but only care about the value of his shoes and how much they are worth..
Example: Went to pick up the true blue IIIs this past weekend, I wore my black and Red XIIIs that retroed in 04' this kid who is maybe 18 or 19 tells me "Man you busting OGs on people!!!!", I am like no man these retroed in 04', he tells me no they didnt they never retroed that color.He then tells me they are fake because XIIIs didnt retro in 04, and he owns every pair of 13s to ever come out since they retroed all the colors this year. All I can do is hope that this "sneakerhead" fad is over soon. 

Originally Posted by jhobson5

LOL...damn shame.

LOL...damn shame.

roll.gif
roll.gif
Let kanye and lupe and drake start rocking desert boots and sperrys so the lil kids can go cop those instead.

roll.gif
roll.gif
Let kanye and lupe and drake start rocking desert boots and sperrys so the lil kids can go cop those instead.

elcerrito91 wrote:
I got you on the resellers, but they've been doing this since 98 or so. Its a new thing, but when there's demand and people willing to pay you can't really blame them. The Japanese kids who saw that demand and profit opportunity are to blame for the resale market. I think they didn't buy the shoes to sell, but just saw that people were willing to pay and took advantage of it. Its the real 'resellers' who I have a problem with. The ones who buy to just to sell.

The nicknames bug me too, especially when people say ones that have nothing to do with the shoes' cw, such as September. The worst part about that is that tee shirt that dropped with September....Quality obviously and of course Nike Air leaving....but I do respect Gentry's reasoning for the removal of Nike Air. JB is just a greedy company and thats why quality was dropped, because the stuff would sell regardless of the quality since the MAIN consumer doesnt care about quality (HS kids and people who don't collect or know about collecting). That's the reason why I'm done with new Jordans.

I have a problem with retros too. In an ideal world, I really wouldn't want them, but since we have them, JB releases some too frequently/ early (black cement IIIs or Black Silver Vs) OR too late (Maroon VIs and Sport Blue VIs)...I mean Bordeauxs didn't retro until this year, and they still sold, but the thing about Maroons is the HS kids have no relation to them, they have no sense of that cw. That's the sad part. JB has become dependent on retros for success, I hate that part the most.
elcerrito, you hit the nail right on the head.  No matter how poor the quality, people will still buy the retros.  Business wise it's a smart move by JB because it just increases their bottom line.  Why would JB spend the money to maintain quality standards when they can decrease production costs by using cheaper materials, release a crappy product, and not only that, mark it up $50 from the original retail price when you know the shoes will sell out.  That's money in the bank.  And these are shoes that JB doesn't have to pay people to design and do R&D for.    

Yes, the retros are the life blood of JB.  If they didn't release retros I wonder how well the company would do.  Even shoes released by JB that are not retros have some similarities to older modeled Air Jordans. 

elcerrito91 wrote:
I got you on the resellers, but they've been doing this since 98 or so. Its a new thing, but when there's demand and people willing to pay you can't really blame them. The Japanese kids who saw that demand and profit opportunity are to blame for the resale market. I think they didn't buy the shoes to sell, but just saw that people were willing to pay and took advantage of it. Its the real 'resellers' who I have a problem with. The ones who buy to just to sell.

The nicknames bug me too, especially when people say ones that have nothing to do with the shoes' cw, such as September. The worst part about that is that tee shirt that dropped with September....Quality obviously and of course Nike Air leaving....but I do respect Gentry's reasoning for the removal of Nike Air. JB is just a greedy company and thats why quality was dropped, because the stuff would sell regardless of the quality since the MAIN consumer doesnt care about quality (HS kids and people who don't collect or know about collecting). That's the reason why I'm done with new Jordans.

I have a problem with retros too. In an ideal world, I really wouldn't want them, but since we have them, JB releases some too frequently/ early (black cement IIIs or Black Silver Vs) OR too late (Maroon VIs and Sport Blue VIs)...I mean Bordeauxs didn't retro until this year, and they still sold, but the thing about Maroons is the HS kids have no relation to them, they have no sense of that cw. That's the sad part. JB has become dependent on retros for success, I hate that part the most.
elcerrito, you hit the nail right on the head.  No matter how poor the quality, people will still buy the retros.  Business wise it's a smart move by JB because it just increases their bottom line.  Why would JB spend the money to maintain quality standards when they can decrease production costs by using cheaper materials, release a crappy product, and not only that, mark it up $50 from the original retail price when you know the shoes will sell out.  That's money in the bank.  And these are shoes that JB doesn't have to pay people to design and do R&D for.    

Yes, the retros are the life blood of JB.  If they didn't release retros I wonder how well the company would do.  Even shoes released by JB that are not retros have some similarities to older modeled Air Jordans. 

1356.jpg

1432.jpg

The way they butchered these two releases is what disgusted me & were the final straw that broke the camel's back -When I held the retro Bordeauxs in my hands, I knew instantly that I would never purchase a pair of Jordans again.

1356.jpg

1432.jpg

The way they butchered these two releases is what disgusted me & were the final straw that broke the camel's back -When I held the retro Bordeauxs in my hands, I knew instantly that I would never purchase a pair of Jordans again.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

30t6p3b.gif
everyone is lookin for a deal, but some people are just dumb with it

Originally Posted by ColdCity

30t6p3b.gif
everyone is lookin for a deal, but some people are just dumb with it

The first pics i saw from the infrared pack last year , then i knew its never goin to be the same

The first pics i saw from the infrared pack last year , then i knew its never goin to be the same

-The complaints about there not being Nike Air on Jordan sneakers anymore. Its still the same sneaker and Jordan Brand has to establish itself as its own entity despite being a subsidiary of Nike. If that lack of 'Nike Air' stops you from getting a shoe, you have issues. Its not coming back so get over it.

-The paint cracking. I'm over it now but its still not a pretty sight to see especially compared to my older Nike's. I don't mind cutting back in order to save but this really bothers me.

-Camping becoming the norm. People only camped for stuff that was extremely limited now it seems that with every release people are sleeping outside of stores. Why are people camping out for GRs that sit around?

-Cool to be a sneakerhead. Can't wait for this fad to be over and the newfound collectors to get stuck with crap they get rid of.

-The complaints about there not being Nike Air on Jordan sneakers anymore. Its still the same sneaker and Jordan Brand has to establish itself as its own entity despite being a subsidiary of Nike. If that lack of 'Nike Air' stops you from getting a shoe, you have issues. Its not coming back so get over it.

-The paint cracking. I'm over it now but its still not a pretty sight to see especially compared to my older Nike's. I don't mind cutting back in order to save but this really bothers me.

-Camping becoming the norm. People only camped for stuff that was extremely limited now it seems that with every release people are sleeping outside of stores. Why are people camping out for GRs that sit around?

-Cool to be a sneakerhead. Can't wait for this fad to be over and the newfound collectors to get stuck with crap they get rid of.

LMAO!!!!! 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif